Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest problem I see is that Barry knows everything the Spurs do pretty well. He was here for 4 years, and while his knowledge of the D could be sketchy at times, his execution of the offense was pretty much flawless. He generally makes good decisions with the ball, he's very smart about getting bigmen easy easy baskets, Adelman will love his quick passes, and he knows our offense and every weakness of Parker, Bruce, Manu and Duncan..........and Pop...that's kind of going to suck if you think about it.
    What we do isn't a big ing secret (excuse my language). Everyone knows our offense, our defense and our players strengths and weaknesses. The only loss here is a proven player who still has it. That is the true loss, not some ing covert opt info he has.

Dwayne Schintzius' mullet Tigole Bitties's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus we need him to MC the Spurs Championship Celebration at the Alamodome next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also want another man-love hug with Stern. That was classic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He was our number one choice during the stretch drive last season. He would likely have joined the Rockets if not for Yao's injury."
    lol

No he wasn't. Anyone with half a brain knew he was returning to the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I really hope this is true. Barry would be a perfect addition for Houston. He won't put us over the top, but since he can still hit the 3 and facilitate the offense he will fit into Adelmans system quite nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a look at the five Spurs players who officially became unrestricted free agents at 11 p.m. Monday.

Kurt Thomas, forward

-snip-

Michael Finley, guard

-snip-

Robert Horry, forward

-snip-

Damon Stoudamire, guard

-snip-

DerMarr Johnson, guard

-snip-
    link

Not that I have much faith in McDonald's reporting, but if this is accurate, then Stat Geek is broadcasting to the world that he's tampering with a Spurs' player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say, make KT the priority of our FAs. Then go after Barry. If Barry can't be had, then go after Horry. Let the rest walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better not be true. He's the only old guy I want to see back. ha...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What we do isn't a big ing secret (excuse my language). Everyone knows our offense, our defense and our players strengths and weaknesses. The only loss here is a proven player who still has it. That is the true loss, not some ing covert opt info he has.

I don't agree with your assessment. I don't think that's the way it will play out. While you may be right that Pop doesn't use a whole lot of trickery, he still has tedencies, tendencies he may not even be aware of but someone that has watched him coach for a 4 years will be...furthermore, neither teams, nor the players that play for them, are in the habit of telling other teams and players how to stop them...no one volunteers their weaknesses. And no one recognizes a teams plays as well as a player who has played for them.

For proof of this, well, Avery Johnson pretty much took the Spurs apart at the seams based on inside knowledge from his days with the Spurs...4 or 5 years after he had last played for them....IOW, the situation is not as simple as you think it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AJ was also head coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Barry will resign. However even if he doesn't, I still don't want Finley back. However Pop will probably not have a choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason I don't give a .

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a feeling that big game against LA would draw attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does Morey have against the Spurs? It's like he's made it his personal mission to make life as bad as possible for the Spurs. Perhaps he's pissed at Dennis Lindsey and wants to make him lose his job. Perhaps he wants to prove to Lindsey that Lindsey wasn't important at all to the Rockets ... and what better way than to take down the Spurs.

Oh well, I guess it's a compliment to have the Rockets biting at the Spurs' ankles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barrys playin em like a fiddle.

Offer the LLE, if he turns that down, adios.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barrys playin em like a fiddle.

Offer the LLE, if he turns that down, adios.
    No, we have his bird rights. We don't spend exception money on him. We ask him (if he has actually opted out, I have seen no convincing report one way or another) to talk to us after he has negotiated something close with another team. If we aren't going to be driven into lux tax or an unreasonable length contract, we match then...

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does Morey have against the Spurs? It's like he's made it his personal mission to make life as bad as possible for the Spurs. Perhaps he's pissed at Dennis Lindsey and wants to make him lose his job. Perhaps he wants to prove to Lindsey that Lindsey wasn't important at all to the Rockets ... and what better way than to take down the Spurs.

Oh well, I guess it's a compliment to have the Rockets biting at the Spurs' ankles.
    I think Lindsey's feeding them information. Seems like they always know what the Spurs are doing since he arrived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Lindsey's feeding them information. Seems like they always know what the Spurs are doing since he arrived.
    Seems that way. Either Morey is showing that Lindsey is worthless by making these moves, or Lindsey is doing some undercover work for the Rockets and giving them the inside scoop on everything that is Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we have his bird rights. We don't spend exception money on him. We ask him (if he has actually opted out, I have seen no convincing report one way or another) to talk to us after he has negotiated something close with another team. If we aren't going to be driven into lux tax or an unreasonable length contract, we match then...
    i dont think so. he was traded and then cut. then we signed him to a new contract. bird rights would have been terminated when he was cut by seattle.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockettes are throwing the full MLE at Sasha.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AJ was also head coach.

Yeah...that had something to do with it, but that doesn't mean Barry can't have a similar impact...Adelman's pretty flexible, I think that's his strength as a coach. Even Ely with his limited knowldge of the Spurs, was a pain in the ass in the Hornets series...

It's a negative. Especially a player that's as offense oriented as Barry...it was the Laker D that beat us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when has whottt been worried about the Rockets? He sure didn't seem worried about them last season . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when has whottt been worried about the Rockets? He sure didn't seem worried about them last season . . .

That's because I wasn't worried about them last season...and in case you didn't notice, I was right to not be worried about them.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Rockettes are throwing the full MLE at Sasha.
    where? link?

where? link?

Thread Information