Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We (Manu fans) really don't need this crap right now. Thanks for understanding.
    Word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been lucky over the years in terms of major injuries. While the old saying is that you make your own luck, sooner or later the luck will end and this season seems to be proving the point.

Get better, Manu.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow what a kick in the nads, Manu is done for the season I sure as hope those olympics were worth it. You were hurt the team told you not to go and to heal up and you went anyway and got hurt worse. I don't care how you or the team try and spin this, it was a bad decision and is just the excuse that mr low ball holt needs to hold over your head when contract negotiations start up which should be any time now. Karma is a stone cold witch we'll see which way this plays out but at a minimum this is going to cost manu big. Heal up get well and chalk it up to one of life's little lessons that will end up costing you a few mill minimum lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Fisher's fouling of Brent Barry will go down as the first in an endless cascade of falling dominoes that are bringing this franchise down.

Hope Manu can get better by next season. Thank god there are no olympics this summer because you know he'd bull his way into playing again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Manu has a really bad injury and he communicates with his fans on facebook.

Mad props to him. Aside of being a great player, he is a damn nice guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not finished, we better not trade him off. He'll get healthy and come back pissed playing like an MVP.
    or come back as

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    sad news

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been lucky with major injuries? disagree..

Duncan has had major injuries MULTIPLE times during the playoffs..the only luck we had there was that he's a legend and top 10 player of all-time that played at a high level THROUGH the injuries..

Manu had a major injury last year..

we haven't really been fortunate to "avoid" injuries..we've definitely had them..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs shut Duncan down why not shut TP down? I mean if you are going to tank, just tank. No point in having Parker out there frustrated with the possibility of getting hurt. I hope the Spurs do not shut Duncan down. If he is truly in pain, then ok, but if he can play and it won't get worse and the time off this summer is more than sufficient, let him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well thats it.. no championship this year. Might as well sit timmy out the rest of the year too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i see some giddy faker fans lurkinggggggg....haha...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a doctor but...

Marrow edema is a generalized response to either trauma or stress of the bone marrow. Bone marrow edema may be the first recognizable MR finding in many conditions, including transient synovitis, trauma, stress, infection, ischemia, tumor and reflex sympathetic dystrophy. MR imaging is exquisitely sensitive for detecting the presence of marrow edema.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crushing news.

I guess we'll see who the true believers are now....man up, people.

Believe.

(And if even if the PR says Manu's out for the entire 2009 playoffs, I'll believe it when I see it, should the Spurs somehow make it through the first two rounds and into the WCF.)

Too early to quit before the playoffs have even started....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does resting TD become a reality now?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow unbelievable...thiss sucks big time!! I hope a speedy recory for Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a terrible way to end the season. Damn
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when there were rumors of trading Manu, and as hard as it would have been, I probably would have because this is the kind of thing I thought could happen.

Having said that, if Tim plays you have to understand that the NBA is all about guys stepping up, there are a lot of guys that if given the chance can do really special things, we see it all the time when guys go down, look at Matt Cassel (I know that's not basketball but it's the first that came to mind).

If Tim Duncan is shelved than so are we.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice of fans of other teams to show some class in this thread..good people..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he was young, then yeah we should let him recover...but hes not. hes past his prime and has been nothing but a hindrance to us with his injuries. we gotta let him go. hes never going to be the same manu again.
    go your dog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically I think that bone marrow adema is just technical jargon for the injury looks worse than it did before. I wouldn't read too much into it.

That being said, we've all see the way Manu handles injuries and wear and tear and not to be a broken record, but this is only going to get worse as it goes on. Manu can probably be a damn big piece to any championship team, but will be the best player o this team? I don't know but I wouldn't bet on it. In the past Manu WAS the best player on the team during portions of their championship run.

And maybe he doesn't need to be, considering how much TP has improved.

In any event, trading him now is pretty worthless unless you recieve a damn good offer. Trading him next year at the deadline is a possibility considering he's in the last year of his contract and he may be seen as an attractive piece but considering Pop's history I would not see him making a move unless it brought him someone very very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or come back as
    Whats wrong with Willie Anderson!?

Anyway, We kinda knew this would happend after the Olympics & the beginning of the season!! He really wasn't that biga factor!!

But Still...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One year later and Manu is even worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well where is the nearest bridge?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he was young, then yeah we should let him recover...but hes not. Hes past his prime and has been nothing but a hindrance to us with his injuries. We gotta let him go. Hes never going to be the same manu again.

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically I think that bone marrow adema is just technical jargon for the injury looks worse than it did before. I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Well the injury is a fracture now, not a stress reaction. So that's already indicative that it's much worse than before. I just hope that swelling of the marrow isn't another problem that is going to be ongoing into next year.

Thread Information