Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's article on Lequipe.fr

here's Parker's quotes from the article.

"I spoke to pop, he told me i won't go anywhere. Portland and New York were 2 serious options but San Antonio said no. And i love the spurs, i want to stay 1 year and become a free agent. "

"It's clear, it was an average season. Everytime i came back from injury, something else happened. It's good if i don't play a whole summer, i'll have a real preparation. Starting July 10th, i'll have a personal physical trainer. I've never done that before. After an average season, i want to show the world it was an accident."

"After next year i will have spent 10 years in SA. It's a great loop and a good challenge for me to go elsewhere. If I leave i can have another career, 8 or 9 years in another franchise."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp said to a french newspaper he won't leave the spurs this year and plan to sign as a free agent .....

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2...ny-parker.html

translation needed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last part is weird

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soooo...he's saying he's happy to stay one more year, then all but guaranteeing he's leaving after this next season?

Huh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope this is translated wrongly, because if he already wants to leave and made his intentions clear, the Spurs should consider trading him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In short:
    - Pop told Parker he is going nowhere next year.
    - Parker will work a lot this summer to come back as strong as ever and prove everybody last year was an accident
    - Parker is looking forward to being a FA next season cause after 10 years in SA, he would like to have a new challenge in a new place

Link: http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2...ny-parker.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that translation is accurate, they should've traded him yesterday. I wonder if Oden was part of the Portland deal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In short:
    - Pop told Parker he is going nowhere next year.
    - Parker will work a lot this summer to come back as strong as ever and prove everybody last year was an accident
    - Parker is looking forward to being a FA next season cause after 10 years in SA, he would like to have a new challenge in a new place

Link: http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2...ny-parker.html
    WTF?
    If its true, why would he say that now.

Anyway, thanks Romain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soooo he's bailing next year... nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does say "If I leave I can have another career" but yea it seems like an awkward translation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bas better just be making ambiguous statements.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope it's a bad translation. But if its true, im wondering why would he say that now. Im not questioning his loyalty to this team, but it's pretty stupid to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he actually said this him and get him outta here. If its a poor translation than so be it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..you guys are mad, uh?..

This one is going 5 pages with a lot of hate..

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow what a bombs , i'm flummoxed. If true i hope we find a point guard for Timmy's sake.

does the CBA allow for a sign & trade b/w the end of 2011 season and beginning of 2012 Free Agency (july 1st?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Former Final MVP want to leave the Spurs next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him on the team, but I fail to see how he didn't just make himself trade bait.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him on the team, but I fail to see how he didn't just make himself trade bait.
    He already was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..you guys are mad, uh?..

This one is going 5 pages with a lot of hate..
    haha yeah I think so too. Now he and Spurs fans are glad and should be happy he stays and he does something like this and still will get hate because he said this.

But I do think he shouldnt have said that and I dont get why he would do that. It's creating for something that he also could just shut his mouth. Unnecessary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Parker for what he's been for our team, but if his perspective is effectively to leave our team next season, I see no sense in retaining him...the point is that his best market value, all things considered, is not now but will be at the middle of this season, near the trade deadline...when, after a summer of rest and a good training, being in such a good shape just for making other teams see he deserve a "maximum" contract, he will have had enough time an games to show them his value.

At that point, Spurs better trade him to team that offers the best value they can get back (possibly, multiple draft picks and young players).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand that, but one of the points of the article was to say Pop had stopped shopping him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "loyalty to this team"

it's job, a business, and next year as free agent (if he doesn't get injured more than his weak ankles are now), he can probably get $M/year more employed elsewhere than from the capped-out Spurs company (as he looks at what Spurs pay RJ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice. Former Final MVP want to leave the Spurs next year.
    The guy has givin us 10 in yrs! Come on people! Look at the pictures on facbook/twiter tou guys be postin! If you can't see he's a spotlight person(I don't blame him) then your jus stupid! So many people on here wanted him gone anyway. 10yrs people. 10yrs(but trade his ass now to get some)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "loyalty to this team"

it's job, a business, and next year as free agent (if he doesn't get injured more than his weak ankles are now), he can probably get $M/year more employed elsewhere than from the capped-out Spurs company (as he looks at what Spurs pay RJ).
    I know it is a business of course. And next year he can do what ever he wants to, that's normal. But, its stupid to say it a year before. That's what its about. That's pretty stupid. Because of that, people will question his loyalty to this team. Not loyalty in the past or in the future, but just his loyalty to this team in this upcoming season.

People will wonder if he is really going for it, people will question if he really cares. People will question if he really is motivated and working his ass off for this team if he is looking of going away anyway. (Im sure he will, he is loyal and do whatever it takes, but still. People will start thinking.)

And why? He could have just prevented people from thinking that and hating and questioning him by just shutting his mouth and not telling it. Why putting yourself in that position? Instead he should have waited until next year and then do whatever and say whatever he wants to do.

Of course, if he really said it like this. Media is not really to be trusted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, now I'm surprised.

It seems pretty clear that he won't be a spur next year...
    Two possibilities here, either that despite his big ego he knows that he ain't no franchise player and that TD's career is coming to an end or that it had been said to him that he won't get a max deal from the spurs.
    Anyway if he made up his mind, you sure as look to move him RIGHT NOW to get some value in return. We can't afford to loose him to free agency without getting something back.

Thread Information