Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't think it'd happen until the offseason.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but he won

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I really just see on ESPN Hoiberg is being considered for his replacement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers could have a spot open soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some franchises run like corporations. They bring in tough guys like Thibs when they feel they have a chance to gain ground and need someone to crack the whip (meaning they see production ahead). They bring in the closers like Hoiberg when they need someone to coddle the players, someone to say "please just stay, have fun, it's a game" when the stars are looking to go elsewhere. Corporations do that a lot. They ramp up production, they have a production oriented manager who chops off heads. They get set and see the downturn, they bring in the good cop to keep people from bolting when the obvious slack time comes.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Pointless firing and his team just won yesterday.

LOL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was inevitable, strange that it occurred following a win..

Thibs is an example of how much the game has advanced..his defensive scheme was the greatest we had ever seen, but it's antiquated in today's game..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pointless firing and his team just won yesterday.

LOL
    Avery Johnson won the CotY and was fired. Same with George Karl and Casey. These decisions aren't made on a game by game basis. Somewhere along the way the board decided to go a different direction if this coach couldn't get the team over the hump. It doesn't matter if he just beat a Lebron-less Lakers team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great move by the Wolves, they should go after Messina in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids don't want to be yelled at by a crazy guy like Thibs these days. Only worked on an elite level when Rose was elite and carrying everyone. It's just ing annoying these days and probably throws the players off as much as it motivates them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids don't want to be yelled at by a crazy guy like Thibs these days. Only worked on an elite level when Rose was elite and carrying everyone. It's just ing annoying these days and probably throws the players off as much as it motivates them.
    Ya, even Pop isn't really yelling much anymore..

Most of these old-school coaches should be eliminated from the game, you have to adapt quickly..Rick Carlisle is another guy who really isn't special anymore, but gets by on reputation and due to Cuban liking him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Most of these old-school coaches should be eliminated from the game, you have to adapt quickly..Rick Carlisle is another guy who really isn't special anymore, but gets by on reputation and due to Cuban liking him..
    Right, was thinking about adding that if you pay close attention to Spurs games Pop doesn't really yell much anymore and hasn't for a while...And why? The oldschool elite players he coached that were raised in the NBA on taking it are all gone. There's no Timmy or Manu to be an example and motivate the young guys in that way, no one that could garner that kind of respect. So yea Pop adapted to that and he's done well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Butler aftershocks. Butler could be the most cancerous player since Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jimmy Butler aftershocks. Butler could be the most cancerous player since Kobe.
    I don’t know, Lebron has gotten a lot of coaches fired in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, Lebron has gotten a lot of coaches fired in his career.
    LBJ has been a lot more careful/meticulous about how the narrative is controlled...but I think you have a point. He's up there as far as disgruntled superstars that cause locker room friction go. He's given a huge pass in the media when it comes to it.

Sure there's a good amount of players that would come out and say unfortunate truths about being his teammate but for fear of the consequences/backlash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude thought he could bring his entire Bulls team over to the Wolves. Also there is no defense anymore in basketball so there's no point hiring a defensive minded coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good decision for the wolves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taylor probably thought they should have rolled the Lolakers by 30+ today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good move imo. Wiggins contract is horrible for them and I guess Thibs is partially to blame for that though

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After a BEATDOWN?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After a BEATDOWN?
    This Lakeshow sucks so much that only by 22 isn't a a beatdown; heck it's probably a loss on the point-spread...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And not being expected to perform. Low expectations have saved a lot of careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Lakeshow sucks so much that only by 22 isn't a a beatdown; heck it's probably a loss on the point-spread...
    Hey the lakers have a scary good young core or so their fans say. They beat Golden state without lebron for over a quarter. I kid you not. They’re just gelling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know who in the Timberwolves organization ultimately decided to give Andrew Wiggins a Max Contract, but I think that was the beginning of the end.
    It seems to have angered Jimmy Butler so much that he couldn't handle it anymore (though to be honest, he regularly has trouble dealing with teammates), and drove a wedge between Thibs & Butler after they'd previously been thought of as a player and coach with a special relationship. It also put the team in a strange financial situation. By almost every advanced stat known, Wiggins rates as an average player at best. Dedicating such a chunk of the payroll to a five year net negative player represents a pretty big decision that probably no one in that organization still thinks is a wise one.

As of today, I think Derrick White is a better all around player than Andrew Wiggins.

Thread Information