Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Tough break. But you guys have had a nice run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never waste a playoff opportunity. Ever.
    Isn't that what the Spurs did in 2000 in the 1st round? They sat Duncan to keep him healthy for the long term. Hmmm, sounds familiar.

But honestly, I'm old, so I could just be confused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe now that Manu is gone Mason can finally show up in a game. Since either pop made him run backup PG or Manu got back he has been a "no show".

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's some information I found regarding bone marrow edema.
    http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/65946.htm

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe now that Manu is gone Mason can finally show up in a game. Since either pop made him run backup PG or Manu got back he has been a "no show".
    I think Mason won't do a big job for the spurs in the postseason, what he is going to do won't be too much more than just a "starting SG" who has no minute during the crunch time, just like Antonie Wright on mavs though Mason is much better individually.

The biggest x-factor on spurs is Fin. Through this regular season, Fin has done a wonderful job as the starting SF of the spurs but he will have to sit back to the bench when the postseason comes. Bruce will take back the job to start for spurs at SF and use his remarkable defensive skills to lockup anyone who intends to drop points on the spurs, while Fin will act as the sixth man which had always been Manu's job. Inarguably Fin can not functions as effectively in offense as Manu could do, but his lack of creativity will be well made up by his experiences and his long-range shooting which is still awesome, and Fin is at least a lateral subs ution at the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan for life here, but you have to admit we are limping into the playoffs and probably won't make it out of the first round. The only way this could get worse is if we fall into the 7th seed and end up finally losing to Denver in the playoffs... stranger things have happened.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't that what the Spurs did in 2000 in the 1st round? They sat Duncan to keep him healthy for the long term. Hmmm, sounds familiar.
    As I said, I don't remember that. He tore his meniscus with four games to go in the regular season and ended up having surgery on it. The only talk that he might play on it was because Duncan wanted to play so bad, but he wasn't ever going to play that year. This year Duncan has a condition that's not going to be worsened by playing, and that rest won't fix. The situations couldn't be more different.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, I don't remember that. He tore his meniscus with four games to go in the regular season and ended up having surgery on it. Prior to the surgery, the only talk that he might play on it was because Duncan wanted to play so bad, but he wasn't ever going to play that year. This year Duncan has a condition that's not going to be worsened by playing, and that rest won't fix. The situations couldn't be more different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so sad and disappointed for the Spurs. I'm hopeful Manu's rest and rehabilitation will bring him back hungrier than ever to win another Championship next year. The problem is we need some youthful pieces. Apparently, we can't have Manu and TD playing heavy minutes all year long. I also don't want the team to kill Tony by having him play heavy minutes to compensate for resting the other big 2. We need more youthful talent.
    Timmy manned up and took less money when he renegotiated his contract. Holt needs to follow suit and loosen up those purse strings. I know Timmy, Manu and Parker have one more Championship together, but it's time to pull the plug on the old vets like Finley, Bowen, JV, Oberto and Udoka. With Mason, Gooden and Hill, we have some sort of beginning but we need more talent. The off season is a time for rest and renewal for the Spurs. The summer will be the time for the front office to man up to all the other teams that have been infused with youthful talent.

Spurs, Colts, Cowboys, and Irish SpursFanFirst's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As always, I'm just reading the news this morning. What a way to wake up.

It's unfortunate for the team, but especially for Manu. I hope this doesn't turn out to be career ending. It would be a shame for him to go out like this.

As far as playing for Argentina this past summer, I just don't understand all the anger and hate towards Manu. All along, it has sounded as though his injury was a ticking time bomb, and it would have happened at some point.
    Because he played in the Olympics, it happened sooner rather than later. It gave him time to get surgery and rest up for a while.
    It is what it is. Time to let it go.

As for the rest of the season and the playoffs - I'm with the person who said they'd rather have an injured Manu out than a Manu who is half healthy on the court. I'm paraphrasing.
    At least now, Pop can shift the lineups around and try to make something happen.
    Everyone has been ing about Mason as the backup point guard, and now that issue will be fixed.
    The point is, maybe all of this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Maybe all is not lost. We will soon know.

Get well, Manu!
    And Go Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is a tough time to say this, and I don't mean it in a disrespectful way, but is this the end for Manu Ginobili in San Antonio?..

send him back to argentina,he will go all out for them for free ,like when he first got hurt vs team usa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somehow, i'm relieved.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about this, the more positive this seems to me. The Spurs are now forced to do what they should have done right after Ginobili's insubordination regarding his Olympic and dump his useless, crippled ass. The $10 million plus annually that they waste on this Argentinian piece of will buy some RELIABLE and CONSISTENT talent in the NBA.

The Spurs are ed this season for sure, but if the right decisions are made after the first round playoff exit, the glass is actually half full.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Screw all this, David Robinson former Spurs franchise player and two time champion was elected into the basketball hall of fame. In other news Spurs fans look forward to the 2009-2010 season when a new movement infused with youth and veterans look to pound the league with a steady dose of championship vigor ala 2005 post 2004 ousting. Spurs fans are overly optimistic siting Lakers and Cavs fans as having had their 15 minutes of fame and look to reclaim what has belong to them for the past decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about this, the more positive this seems to me. The Spurs are now forced to do what they should have done right after Ginobili's insubordination regarding his Olympic and dump his useless, crippled ass. The $10 million plus annually that they waste on this Argentinian piece of will buy some RELIABLE and CONSISTENT talent in the NBA.

The Spurs are ed this season for sure, but if the right decisions are made after the first round playoff exit, the glass is actually half full.
    What an appropriate moment to use this:

Thanks for the new emoticons!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop loves Manu, and barring that this injury turns into career-ending, I'm fairly sure he'll get extended next season. Now, when that happens, please do us all a favor and GTFO.
    BTW, pink looks great on you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Manu officialy injury prone or cursed?

Stuck In La La Land
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There sure is a lot of horse floating around this thread that true fans should be ignoring. I guess I take a more selfish view of this situation. Of course as a Spurs fan I feel bad that the team has suffered the loss of a key player. But for me I will miss the sheer joy I get from watching him play. The unbelievable passes, shots, hustle...things you just don't often see. I enjoy it because every game you see something different. Rarely do you see a player compete to his fullest every minute he is on the court, whether it is a playoff game or a game in Chicago in November. Not always perfect, but always giving it everything. I laugh at those who talk about the foul in 06. The thing I remember about that game is being down 20 and only one guy playing like he felt the Spurs still had a chance. Never giving up and along with TD, putting his team in position to win a game that looked hopeless, where most of his teammates had given up. Spurs fans should feel damn lucky to have had the privilege of watching this guy play the game we love. No more doom and gloom and playing the blame game. This stuff happens in sports all the time. He will be back and so will the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so,

anyone upset at Manu for the olympics?
    No because this could've happened during training camp, preseason, regular season.

I have no issue with Manu's decision to play for the Olympic team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There sure is a lot of horse floating around this thread that true fans should be ignoring. I guess I take a more selfish view of this situation. Of course as a Spurs fan I feel bad that the team has suffered the loss of a key player. But for me I will miss the sheer joy I get from watching him play. The unbelievable passes, shots, hustle...things you just don't often see. I enjoy it because every game you see something different. Rarely do you see a player compete to his fullest every minute he is on the court, whether it is a playoff game or a game in Chicago in November. Not always perfect, but always giving it everything. I laugh at those who talk about the foul in 06. The thing I remember about that game is being down 20 and only one guy playing like he felt the Spurs still had a chance. Never giving up and along with TD, putting his team in position to win a game that looked hopeless, where most of his teammates had given up. Spurs fans should feel damn lucky to have had the privilege of watching this guy play the game we love. No more doom and gloom and playing the blame game. This stuff happens in sports all the time. He will be back and so will the Spurs.
    You go BigVee!

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I felt compelled to register for this forum and voice my condolences, I have always admired the organization and been an enormous fan of Pop, Buford, Duncan and TP, for an organization to stay on top for a decade and counting is truly remarkeable in todays NBA. although I am a lifelong Laker fan I have always enjoyed the rivalry with the Spurs dating back to when Tony was a lightning fast erratic point guard (he's still lightning fast but no longer as erratic) and Duncan could not hit free throws in the post season, to watch them mature and battle for the last decade with my team (aside from those 3 years immediately Post-Shaq) has been a lot of fun.

I dont think San Antonio can get it done without a healthy Ginobili and it is unfortunate because i always hate to see players (especially ones I like) get hurt and a team that is capable of winning it all not be able to compete at full strength when it matters most.

heres to Pop and Buford working their magic to retool the roster and have the Spurs back to contender status for the next decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt compelled to register for this forum and voice my condolences, I have always admired the organization and been an enormous fan of Pop, Buford, Duncan and TP, for an organization to stay on top for a decade and counting is truly remarkeable in todays NBA. although I am a lifelong Laker fan I have always enjoyed the rivalry with the Spurs dating back to when Tony was a lightning fast erratic point guard (he's still lightning fast but no longer as erratic) and Duncan could not hit free throws in the post season, to watch them mature and battle for the last decade with my team (aside from those 3 years immediately Post-Shaq) has been a lot of fun.

I dont think San Antonio can get it done without a healthy Ginobili and it is unfortunate because i always hate to see players (especially ones I like) get hurt and a team that is capable of winning it all not be able to compete at full strength when it matters most.

heres to Pop and Buford working their magic to retool the roster and have the Spurs back to contender status for the next decade.
    Very nice post.
    Stick around. This forum could use a few more decent Lakers fans.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    by the way Pop's sense of humor is one of the things i like most about him, your avatar portraying the game that he fouled shaq in the first seconds was one of my favorite moments of this season.

They hate us - but they want to be us!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had already lowered my expectations for the playoffs. This Spurs team is just not up to the task and I'm not sure where the blame should be placed. And now that Manu is out for the rest of the season, I'm just wanting this whole miserable year to be over!

It's been quite a long time since a Spurs team has been bitten this bad by the injury bug - but I guess we were due. Sucks big time and I just hope we can get completely healthy and regroup during the off-season and then break the even-year curse and win it all in 2010!!!

BTW - I think it's also highly unlikely that the Celtics repeat - they've been hit with injuries too; and with KG not at 100%, I don't think they're going very far either.

I think we're going to see the Lakers and Cavs in the Finals this year - which will make Stern happy as a pig in slop! I can see the ads now - KOBE vs. LEBRON

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    off topic here but I wonder...do you think Manu will show up to the home games, regular and playoff now that his season is over? I certainly hope so...we don't get many SA games in la-la land but during home playoff games, I think it would lift spirits to see him there....it would certainly lift mine!

BTW, does anyone know if he has entered any new postings on his facebook page since last night?

Thread Information