Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I first read this thread, I thought it was an post april 1 joke. Then after seeing it confirmed via media outlest, my hope turned to sadness. IfI'm upset, I can only imagine how Manu must feel; he's such a compe or and I know he'd give almost anything to be out there to help his team try to win another championship.

Get well Manu; come back healthy & strong for 2010!!!

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This news just has me gutted. Didn't the Spurs take the most cautious approach possible with his latest setback? I feel disappointed for Manu and the Spurs but ticked off about how all this may have come about. My first thought when Manu had a stress reaction was from over-compensating. I feel since the Laker series Manu didn't give himself the best shot of recovering and that started with the olympics. You go back and read some of our concerns this was my biggest fear. About Manu's health and pro-longing his career. Hopefully this is just season ending and not something that becomes chronic. Im gonna still cling to the hope (dream) that Manu can return to his old self next season.

Time to enjoy the ride for the rest the season and play-offs. The expectations are lowered and reality has finally set in .

M E Yin
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sucks.. I heard this news today and it just totally ruined my day.

I'm pissed Manu played in the Olympics instead of resting. Hope it was worth it.

I've defended Manu from Spurs fans before but I don't think I can or want to now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't believe it's over. What a weird season. Actually, this season seems like more of an extension of the Lakers series last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our medical staff sucks, if we had a good medical staff like phoenix we were having at least 6 les right now!
    too bad we didn't tank the season...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pissed Manu played in the Olympics instead of resting. Hope it was worth it.

From what was reported and what we do know about the initial injury surgery was always on the cards. That surgery would of happened sooner and this whole process including the stress reaction probably would have happened earlier in the season or might not have happened at all. He simply would of had more time. Manu could of just kept rehabbing, he would of gotten training camp under his belt or he could of even rested longer. Then this last month during his latest lay-off it always felt like it was a race against time to get Manu healthy and ready for the play-offs. Now it seems like the Spurs rushed him back too soon but what choice did they have.
    Last edited by Slippy; 04-07-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I still can't believe it's over. What a weird season. Actually, this season seems like more of an extension of the Lakers series last year.

It's still not done though Manu is out. your guys in silver and black are still a very powerful team that can easily kick the blazers or hornets, or any playoff team other than Lakers and our boys in blue.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    with Manu done for the season, the other spurs especially those who can play SG should stand out manly and try to make up the missing piece left by Manu. Now it's time for Pop to get Bowen out of his underwear's pocket and blow away the untidy smell around his body with the rest games left in the regular season, Bowen won't do anything effective for spurs at the offensive end though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is really Manu's ing fault, he should have not played in the Olympics...and Pop should have ed him out for doing so.....WE are REALLY Banged -up.

Play it safe Pop ...bad rotations and expriments aren't working.....Tank the 1st round....make some key moves and get ready for next year!!!!!!

Drank the kool-aid... Evil Angel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not the the way I was expecting this season to end. Such high hopes after Manu came back the first time...
    I say shut Timmy down now. He needs all the rest he can get. Bring him back for playoffs if no further damage is a risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's still not done though Manu is out. your guys in silver and black are still a very powerful team that can easily kick the blazers or hornets, or any playoff team other than Lakers and our boys in blue.
    I don;t think the Spurs want to abuse TD's health either... Spurs will tank the first round...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad for Manu.
    As for the spurs, despite him being an icon in SA, you have to wonder if keeping a high salary, for a guy that was hurt twice in a row in the playoffs and that isn't getting any younger or healthier, is really worth the matter.
    I didn't say I would trade him, but he switches from the "you aren't going anywhere" box to the "show me if your proposal is worth it" one.
    As a Spurs fan, this season ending injury is a major blow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read this news yesterday, but waited until this morning to comment. I wanted time for it to sink in before ranting. Extremely sad news and I hope Manu is able to fully recover by next season.
    I hope Pop will call up Malik and give him some burn during the rest of the season. Of course, nothing short of a miracle will win it all this year. Very depressing, but I will still be wearing my Spurs fan jerseys and shouting at every game. It would be nice to see some emerging young stars show up on our team during the play offs.

Rooster-Lollypops TheManFromAcme's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lousy news not only for Spurs fans but for true b-ball fans that appreciate any and all talent. Manu may wear silver and black but the man has my respect as a baller.

I am kind of saddened about this. Somehow, someway the playoffs won't be the same without the Manumeister. I won't beat on my chest to any Spurs fan in here. I could only imagine what you guys are going through. I don't know what I'd do if one of our key Laker players went down right now.

Anyway Spursfan, chin-up and root for your team nonetheless. You never know what can happen.

Sorry about Manu and I pray for a quick recovery for the dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get well soon Manu! xoxo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very well put. That's exactly what it appears to be. It seems like a wasted year. In fact, with Hill on the bench, it's difficult to tell where last season ended and this one began.

After having put in so much hard work and unconventional workout routines over the summer, I wonder how Duncan feels.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all we can do is to speculate on when manu will return. in medical practice, there is an adage- not all patients are exactly the same, even if they have the same medical diagnosis. so the time frame for his return is still in the air, unless the medical staff exactly state the extent of his injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm praying for manu's complete and speedy recovery.. Manu, get well soon. There are many spurs fan who still love you inspite of this injuries, inspite of the fact that you'll not be there in the plaoffs.. you have given your all while playing for the spurs, you deserve the respect you're getting not just from the true spurs fan but from the fans of the game we all love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its time to call up Malik Hairston, and play him till he cant play no more, i bet that guy would be able to tear it up knowing that be there for a while with no pressure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not over till the fat lady sings!! she may be warming up but she still not singing!!

Go SPURS GO!!! YAH kick ass spurs show the league what a real championship team is about. I say if history is to be made, why not by us then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A tough call must be made, what are we gonna do mith TD since he is not 100%, I'd say keep playing but in the big picture I'd prefer to preserve him form next season, assuming ww have enough talent for next season, and some good gas on TD + Manu's tank.

Probably is time to consider TP as the next big star in town, so start creating a team around him.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this is just a weird ending to the story of the 2008-09 Spurs season. At least with TD in 2000, Spurs fans were hopeful each game that it could be Duncan's return. When's the last time the Spurs saw their season end during the regular season?
    I don't remember hoping for Duncan to return in 2000, and the smart ass answer to your question is 1996, but I remember when David broke his finger in '92, and that pretty much killed the playoff hopes right there. Of course, that team was notorious for losing in the first round, so it probably only cost the spurs a victory or two.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rest everyone.

Next year this team will be great if they can keep Gooden and get rid of Pop.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never waste a playoff opportunity. Ever.

Thread Information