Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's in five days, it's time to speculate and dream about what Spurs should do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I cant remember who said it, but the best idea I've heard so far is James Anderson for Shelden Williams.
    Works well for both teams

Edit: Trade machine doesn't work, it would have to be worked a little bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thread. We can merge everything in here.

That being said, the greys will still flood the forum with trade threads.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs stand pat after the deadline this season will be a wash.

I guess there are better chances of grabbing someone off a buyout.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner+Blair for Varejao and a 1st. Do it RC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep our chances are Boris Diaw for now. I have to get use to the idea of having him here.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's available?
    We don't have any asset that would allow us to trade for Ilyasova, McGee, Blatche, Bogut, Smith...

A Diaw buy-out seems like the best realistic option but where do we put him in the rotation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I wonder is how hard Spurs want to keep this summer potential cap space.

I guess the key to that is how much money Duncan is ready to sacrifice for his next contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn.. McGee or Bogut would be nice, so Duncan wouldn't have to defend the paint alone.

The Amish Rifle Ryan Fitzpatrick's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You guys want Troy Murphy? He's tall, white, spreads the floor, and is a ginger too (or was at one point).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything available on the Pacers? Larry Bird is looking to make a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a backup PG?..lol

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn.. McGee or Bogut would be nice, so Duncan wouldn't have to defend the paint alone.
    McGee may be the dumbest bas in the league; would love to have Bogut for cheap though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGee is pretty bad offensively, & honestly.. his defensive intensity has decreased alot this season, but in the Spurs system, I'm sure he'd be better. The problem is, well.. his ty at ude.

Bogut would be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BUT! I don't know if Bogut can get over the epic tea-bagging Duncan gave him that one game vs. Australia, and just play along side him. :P

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well they say, outside of John Wall and a couple vets at the end of their bench, their ulative IQ equals how much they score on an average night...doesn't sound good for McGee, there.

Andrew Bogut, yes. Maybe they'd love to take RJ back since he produced for them? Maybe they'll even give us SJ back too since they don't like him? Something like RJ + Blair + Bonner + Anderson + pick(s) for Bogut + SJ. Then sign a buyed-out bigman for MLE and we have a whole new team.
    Man I just wet myself thinkin about that trade. I can't lie, I like Bonner but to get rid of Blair, Jefferson, an Anderson. "My brotha, from anotha motha" bonner gots to go. I hate to give those three burn on 2k12 I hate them so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something I wonder is how hard Spurs want to keep this summer potential cap space.

I guess the key to that is how much money Duncan is ready to sacrifice for his next contract.
    Not only Duncan, but they have to consider that MLE level money doesn't land them players (see this year's efforts to sign rather average SF's so they could amnesty RJ and they failed to obtain such a player despite having the MLE). If they can trade, I would have to imagine doing that is more appealing since Tim's contract and MLE money might really inhibit their ability to sign someone.

Not to mention that they aren't far off due to the West being open of making a legit run this year.

That is if they want to actually win however...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally think they will try to make a move (that's probably more of a hope than an actual belief though). With the Tim contract news coming out and the opportunity that is there, combined with the putrid defense they see on a daily basis, they know they have to do something.

It's really hard to envision a trade due to limited assets and the Spurs balling on a budget right now, but I have to believe they are desperately trying to fill in the gaps now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring on Ilyasova! Bonner/Blair + Anderson. Spurs got that in the bag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are going to make a move then their draft rights of Nando and Lorbek need to come into play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally think they will try to make a move (that's probably more of a hope than an actual belief though). With the Tim contract news coming out and the opportunity that is there, combined with the putrid defense they see on a daily basis, they know they have to do something.

It's really hard to envision a trade due to limited assets and the Spurs balling on a budget right now, but I have to believe they are desperately trying to fill in the gaps now.
    They will . . . they'll try to dump Anderson for anything they can get (probably some protected future 2nd), so that they can somewhat lessen the tax burden after signing Diaw.

As far as shoring up their glaring weakness, it's not happening. Why they're so ready and willing to throw away one of the final seasons they'll have with Duncan and Ginobili is beyond me, but they made it loud and clear this past off season that they were fine with that.

The best that can be hoped for is that they put Diaw through a rigorous mini training camp upon his arrival, he ends up being a hand in glove fit, they start him and Leonard (with more shooting at the four, they don't need as much at the three -- though Leonard's showing marked improvement in this area --, plus Leonard can help make up for Diaw's lack of rebounding and give them a wing defender in the starting lineup) and play Green ahead of Jefferson as the backup three. I actually think all of this has a decent or better shot at happening, other than Jefferson not being in the rotation.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Buck has already tipped their hand on that matter. Sounds like Tim will come down about 40% to ~$12M, no matter how hard the peeps in the forums scream for cap room for players who will never come.

Buy low options, both injured:

Varejao
    Bogut

He's going to be replaced anyway by cheaper players and they have no wings:

Al Jefferson

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair, Anderson + 1st round pick for Ilyasova & Bucks 2nd round pick, Potentially Blair going to another team for a late 1st(that goes to Milwaukee.)

Then add some kind of free agent big who gets waived(We still have Mini MLE)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what most of us have discussed already:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/...ities-unlikely

Thread Information