My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...r-preseason-5/

Bring on the regular season, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the long offseason is gone. Let's play some real games. I pumped to see primo and vassel grow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh no one is anticipating (per usual) some of the players to have developed much after last year even though they are showing signs of tremendous growth… looking forward to the outrage this season when things don’t go their way. My popcorn is ready.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo’s progress in the preseason is interesting. He didn’t play this well in the Summer League. So was it only that he improved since SL, or did the Spurs give him different directions as far as how they wanted him to play? SL seemed like “play point guard” and preseason (albeit a small window) seemed like he was given more freedom for the first time to do what he feels more natural at, scoring. At the end of last year in the regular season it seemed like he was just told to stay out there and learn and try to play defense.

I don’t know. May never know.

Time will tell.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ready for the regular season too. I'm expecting a lot of losses but I'm also expecting growth in the games of our young guys. I'm pretty high on Primo's future (unlike many here) and think he's got a real untapped upside. On Vassell I think he can develop into a good starting piece. I don't see him ever being a top 3 guy on the team but if he stays within himself I think he's got a long nba career ahead of him. I see more Danny Green in him than anyone else on our roster. The three other things I'm looking forward to are KJ filling this new lead dog role, Branham and Wesley learning and improving in Austin, and getting a feel for what Sochan can bring on this level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp.

First of, I like that Pop seems committed to playing the young vs Vets. I am genuinely excited on the possibility of Sochan starting at 4 over McBuckets from day 1. Jeremy brings defensive tenacity and helps players stay with their man, specially for Poeltl not so much overhelping that would normally cause demoralizing open dunks. I truly like Sochan/Poeltl to anchor the defense, allowing the Spurs to compete with better defense. Sochan starting also means Keldon at 3 which he seems to be adafting well. And Spurs defense really looks good at least on paper, with Tre, Vassell, Keldon, Sochan and Poeltl as starting line up.

Secondly, I like that Keldon, Vassell, Tre and Primo seem to have accepted the challenge of being the leaders of this young team. They’ve been very aggressive offensively. I like that they attack the rim early, not settling on 3’s but mixing it, finding open man. I wish I could add Poeltl but I don’t see it yet. Again he was playing so much better towards the end of last season, rolling to the basket, passing to cutting man, but seem always regress during the off-season, possibly got affected by the trade rumors? I really like to root for Poeltl and would love for Spurs to keep him if Sochan/Poeltl click. I do like Poeltl finding Sochan for those wrap-around pass for open dunks. I think Sochan is so opportunistics and could easily average 8 pts just on put-backs and being on the right place.

Finally, they will have to decide who they cut to make the final roster. I don’t know if Langford has shown enough fight. He seems not 100% engaged as if he even wants to be in a rebuilding them. It’s a pity because he shows glimpses of a good player on both sides of the court. Ideally I would’ve like for the Spurs to find ways to trade either JRich or McBuckets. While chances are they will keep them at least until the trade deadline for better returns. That said I think we might have seen the last of Langford.

I’m truly excited to watch this yoing team compete, and positively believe they could sneak some wins against teams looking pass through them. They seem like they will play hard and play hard every night. I am excited for our young leaders to make the leap, possibly an AS nod for Keldon, which is not impossible. And maybe Vassell a shot at MIP. Sochan would’ve benefitted so much from Chip.

I can’t wait for the openning night.
    Last edited by John B; 10-15-2022 at 09:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what I liked most from KJ in this game was his tenacity to still get points somehow even though his 3’s weren’t falling. It’s a big improvement from last year and shows that his skills on that end are ready to be a primary option on offense. It didn’t look like a role player trying to do too much, it looked like a skilled offensive player trying to do what he can to help his team win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Vassell learning his spots more and more is a huge win.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fast forward to the draft tbh. Who we get in the draft determines rather this season is a success or not, not what we actually do on the court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fast forward to the draft tbh. Who we get in the draft determines rather this season is a success or not, not what we actually do on the court
    It’s a simple solution to just stop posting until next year if you don’t care about this season.

You criticize someone putting an effort to put out grades and question if there’s a point to it yet here you are logging in to this website everyday just to post useless commentary that doesn’t spark any good discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this post today on a basketball website, and it made me laugh:

The NBA is terrified at the prospect of the Spurs getting Wemby. It will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo’s progress in the preseason is interesting. He didn’t play this well in the Summer League. So was it only that he improved since SL, or did the Spurs give him different directions as far as how they wanted him to play? SL seemed like “play point guard” and preseason (albeit a small window) seemed like he was given more freedom for the first time to do what he feels more natural at, scoring. At the end of last year in the regular season it seemed like he was just told to stay out there and learn and try to play defense.

I don’t know. May never know.

Time will tell.
    Meh, his TOs are and will remain a problem it seems. Very excited for Vassell and Keldon though. Also for Branham and Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The NBA is terrified at the prospect of the Spurs getting Wemby. It will happen.

Watch him go to Orlando or Utah.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As much as I can't stand Pop sometimes I would trust him to maximize Wemby's health for as long an NBA career as possible. We'd be a good landing spot for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Nothing wrong with what you said. Most valuable thing on this team at the moment is the draft pick *shrug*.
    Don’t think they can afford to win more than 25 games though.

Anyone on the roster right now who shows any improvement/potential is a bonus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will be very important to lose the first 2 games. If we are not a bottom 3 team by the trade deadline Poeltl and J-Rich need to get moved ASAP to make sure we get the best odds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch him go to Orlando or Utah.

If the Spurs don't land him, I'm hoping for OKC... only because I was to see Victor, Chet, and Poku on the court together at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see the putative 'big three' of Keldon, Vassell, and Primo continue to get to the line. Tre got some FTs as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    putative
    An excellent word
    Well done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the real tanking begin tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a simple solution to just stop posting until next year if you don’t care about this season.

You criticize someone putting an effort to put out grades and question if there’s a point to it yet here you are logging in to this website everyday just to post useless commentary that doesn’t spark any good discussion.
    When did I criticize op for putting out grades? How is my opinion of the draft pick we get being more important than anything we do on the court a criticism of someone grading what we do on the court?

How about you stop being a whiny little ? Cause all you do is go from thread to thread crying about posters who don't agree with you, or agree with someone else that you agree with. You are the quinessential internet weirdo who thinks disagreement = criticism cause you didn't and don't have any adults in your life to teach you any different.

Maybe you should hug premo more tbh

Are you really Dejounte? You definitely have his ultra feminine catty streak

"Spark good discussion?" Sorry I know you want me to be but I'm not your internet daddy or friend. I'm here to post what my thoughts are about the san antonio spurs. You don't like it, I don't care. I suggest you scroll past 100% of my post the same way I have started scrolling past 110% of yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I criticize op for putting out grades? How is my opinion of the draft pick we get being more important than anything we do on the court a criticism of someone grading what we do on the court?

How about you stop being a whiny little ? Cause all you do is go from thread to thread crying about posters who don't agree with you, or agree with someone else that you agree with. You are the quinessential internet weirdo who thinks disagreement = criticism cause you didn't and don't have any adults in your life to teach you any different.

Maybe you should hug premo more tbh

Are you really Dejounte? You definitely have his ultra feminine catty streak

"Spark good discussion?" Sorry I know you want me to be but I'm not your internet daddy or friend. I'm here to post what my thoughts are about the san antonio spurs. You don't like it, I don't care. I suggest you scroll past 100% of my post the same way I have started scrolling past 110% of yours.
    Oh lordy here we go

you posted it in one of the last threads. Dumbass.

I commend giving out grades to a team that clearly does not care about winning
    the whiny here is you. There’s nothing more miserable than logging onto a forum and posting on a regular basis about how your so called favorite team sucks day in and day out. Say that out loud. And you’ll realize that you sound like a loser who needs to grow a backbone. I take pleasure in calling people like you out and find no shame in it, homie.

I go around disagreeing with people I disagree with and agreeing with people I agree with. Wow. Genius observation, dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the cat fight started…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh no one is anticipating (per usual) some of the players to have developed much after last year even though they are showing signs of tremendous growth… looking forward to the outrage this season when things don’t go their way. My popcorn is ready.
    Absolutes are almost always foolish.

You'd rather be "right" (I use the term loosely, since something like bottom 4-6 as opposed to 1-3 is probably the ceiling) than have your term, bereft a true centerpiece in nearly a half decade, get the best odds possible to multiple prospects projected to be just that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutes are almost always foolish.

You'd rather be "right" (I use the term loosely, since something like bottom 4-6 as opposed to 1-3 is probably the ceiling) than have your term, bereft a true centerpiece in nearly a half decade, get the best odds possible to multiple prospects projected to be just that.
    No, I wouldn’t “rather be right”. The great thing about my stance is that I’ll happily accept either outcome, and my main point is I don’t pretend I know how good or bad our young players will be which people insist they know when time and time again they’re proven incorrect. Yeah, it’s definitely a good feeling to know you were right about something. But I certainly am not attached to any scenario or am not stubborn enough to think I know how the careers of our young players will go. And yes, I know very well the point of a forum is to discuss those possible scenarios and people give their opinions on it…but when people make opinions sound like fact— that’s what I take issue with.

Thread Information