Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Spurs can't draft, despite spending the last few seasons deep in the lottery. Their best pick in the last 7 seasons was Dejounte Murray and he's a high end role player at best.

Can't attract top tier free agents, besides the Demar Derozans of the nba, which won't move the needle and Derozan was part of a trade.
    So their best free agent signing in franchise history was Lamarcus Aldridge really.

Should have put Pop out of his misery already. Each passing season only improves the chances of Wembanyama pulling a Kawhi.

It also remains to be seen if they can find a suitable replacement for Pop.

Then, there's the question mark surrounding Wembanyama's ability to stay healthy at that height, deep into his prime.

If i had to put a number on it, i'd say:

40% chance Wembanyama bolts

35% he suffers multiple long term injuries

25% the spurs put everything together and ring
    25% is pretty high considering. Most teams would take a 1/4 chance at ringing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    25% is pretty high considering. Most teams would take a 1/4 chance at ringing.
    Trying to be unbiased here

The kid still has top 10 in the league potential. Also, the west is wide open and is not particularly strong at the moment imo, there's no unbeatable juggernaut.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to be unbiased here

The kid still has top 10 in the league potential. Also, the west is wide open and is not particularly strong at the moment imo, there's no unbeatable juggernaut.
    Not strong? The West is going to be a bloodbath for years with Jokic, SGA, Chet, Doncic, Wemby, Ja all young plus the Clippers probably being a contender for the next 2-3 years. Thank god Zion doesn't give a about getting in shape.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not strong? The West is going to be a bloodbath for years with Jokic, SGA, Chet, Doncic, Wemby, Ja all young plus the Clippers probably being a contender for the next 2-3 years. Thank god Zion doesn't give a about getting in shape.
    Doncic and Ja are currently in bad situations, Zion struggles to stay in shape and motivated. Wemby needs a team around him. SGA and Chet seem to be on the right path, i'll give you that.

Clippers are the Clippers, 3 perennial playoff chokers, plus a guy who hasn't played over 60 games in 4 years.

So yes, the west is currently going through a transition period and is wide open at the moment.

Bucks, Celtics and Sixers all have playoff experience and can handle anyone coming out the west not named Nuggets, but even the Nuggets are beatable.
    Last edited by Donald Sterling.; 01-26-2024 at 06:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic and Ja are currently in bad situations, Zion struggles to stay in shape and motivated. Wemby needs a team around him. SGA and Chet seem to be on the right path, i'll give you that.

Clippers are the Clippers, 3 perennial playoff chokers, plus a guy who hasn't played over 60 games in 4 years.

So yes, the west is currently going through a transition period and is wide open at the moment.

Bucks, Celtics and Sixers all have playoff experience and can handle anyone coming out the west not named Nuggets, but even the Nuggets are beatable.
    Jokic has an old man game that should age well over the next 7-8 years, probably gotta think of Denver as a le contender for the next five years. I forgot to mention Minnesota. Knew I was missing someone big and Edwards is just now hitting his prime and looks like he's going to be Wade with a three point shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby could give you a couple of tips on how to beat the Blazers djohn2oo8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just going to preemptively send this one back and say 'by committing 7 TOs'

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Rockets can give Wemby tips on how not to give up 70 to Embiid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby's minutes up to 30 and suddenly we're beating fools left and right.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Still just too much of a wildcard to predict tbh. First time we've seen a 7'4 player of this magnitude, nobody knows how the body will hold up playing this style of basketball. Also will he work on his game/consistency in the offseason or will he just coast like Zion? Nobody on ST knows. Right now he's basically 7'4 Perry Jones: Smooth all around game with flashes, but not consistent enough to dominate games or make his team a winner...yet. The question is will he develop that consistent offensive attack that defenses have to gameplan for ala Giannis? Or will he just chill and just be an empty stats guy with cool 10 minute per game YouTube highlights?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still just too much of a wildcard to predict tbh. First time we've seen a 7'4 player of this magnitude, nobody knows how the body will hold up playing this style of basketball. Also will he work on his game/consistency in the offseason or will he just coast like Zion? Nobody on ST knows. Right now he's basically 7'4 Perry Jones: Smooth all around game with flashes, but not consistent enough to dominate games or make his team a winner...yet. The question is will he develop that consistent offensive attack that defenses have to gameplan for ala Giannis? Or will he just chill and just be an empty stats guy with cool 10 minute per game YouTube highlights?
    Dude, it is clear for anyone that watches his games semiregularly, and knows a bit about ball, that the kid is the real deal. The only possible way for Wemby to not become an MVP level player is injuries. That's it, there's literally no other scenario where he doesn't reach his potential. He has everything: physical tools, skill, IQ, mentality, compe iveness, desire, work ethic.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dude, it is clear for anyone that watches his games semiregularly, and knows a bit about ball, that the kid is the real deal. The only possible way for Wemby to not become an MVP level player is injuries. That's it, there's literally no other scenario where he doesn't reach his potential. He has everything: physical tools, skill, IQ, mentality, compe iveness, desire, work ethic.
    yeah, because there's no such things as draft busts or anything. Pretty sure every Top 5 draft pick pans out 100% of the time all the time, amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, because there's no such things as draft busts or anything. Pretty sure every Top 5 draft pick pans out 100% of the time all the time, amirite?
    Of course there have been draft busts, but you realize who those are pretty quickly into their rookie seasons: Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, Anthony Bennet, Scoot Henderson is looking like a huge bust this season. Just like you also realize which rookies are special somwhere within their first season. This is where Wemby lies.

I think yalls problem is that you're just not seeing the kid play. If you did, you would notice what we Spurs fans are saying.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Damn shame that’s something to brag about, guessing the Spurs won’t generally play him more than that throughout the season for fear of his legs shattering.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    3-6 in the last 9 games = beating fools left and right

lol

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Of course there have been draft busts, but you realize who those are pretty quickly into their rookie seasons: Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, Anthony Bennet, Scoot Henderson is looking like a huge bust this season. Just like you also realize which rookies are special somwhere within their first season. This is where Wemby lies.

I think yalls problem is that you're just not seeing the kid play. If you did, you would notice what we Spurs fans are saying.
    tbh I (and many others, even some spur fans) see some great potential but also see red flags

you see inevitable 7'4 LeBron/Hakeem/Jordan/Shaq and 10 rings, 10 mvps and absolutely no red flags

yet somehow your view is the only correct one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-6 in the last 9 games = beating fools left and right

lol
    Wemby's minutes have been up to 30 on the last 2 or 3 games only.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh I (and many others, even some spur fans) see some great potential but also see red flags

you see inevitable 7'4 LeBron/Hakeem/Jordan/Shaq and 10 rings, 10 mvps and absolutely no red flags

yet somehow your view is the only correct one
    Other than physical worries (which I already adressed), which red flags do you see?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    spurs are 3-13 in games wemby plays 30+ minutes (23% win rate)

7-17 in games he plays <30 minutes (41% win rate)

beating fools left and right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs are 3-13 in games wemby plays 30+ minutes

beating fools left and right
    Not the same Victor nor Spurs as now. Also, I was trolling, I fully expect the Spurs to keep losing since they are in full tank mode. However, Would you care to elaborate in those red flags?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    moving goalposts

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    rofl 2 game winning streak buzzsaw

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    also, wemby hasn't played 30 since December 17

he's only played 29 once in that timeframe, which was yesterday

lol daf making more stuff up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moving goalposts
    Which were the goalposts? Also, the red flags, which aee them?

Thread Information