Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    People's air is running so much today, I would be surprised if there was much humidity in people's homes. Particularly if you have your thermostat at 72 or the like.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I didn't say 70% humidity. I said dew point 74 degrees. Relative humidity is a re ed stat for measuring how muggy it feels.
    Yes, true, but you've got to admit it FEELS more closer to Phoenix in SA today as opposed to some tropical hole like India or Thailand compared to the last 2-3 days.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    People's air is running so much today, I would be surprised if there was much humidity in people's homes. Particularly if you have your thermostat at 72 or the like.
    I've had it set to 68 since March, except for when I brought in the Jon Wayne guy early last month to do the $179 tune-up with the all summer guarantee.

The last 3 days the AC was running just fine and I was still sweating like as if in a frickin' steam room on the inside. It's been running MORE today than the last couple days, though, probably because of the constant sun beating down today compared to the last few days where the muggy stratus clouds hung over and hazed us for the first half-plus of the days.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I can't do this heat and I especially can't do heat and humidity. Ughhhhhh. I really need to move up north permanently. Somewhere with mild summers and not somewhere to get vaporized by the Yellowstone volcano or have my precious materials destroyed in an earthquake. Maybe the UP in Michigan is suitable. But there's no Costco that far north. Ugh. Maybe Traverse City?

My ideal climate is the Faroe Islands, but I don't speak Danish and I'd have to emigrate. Ugh. Falkland Islands similar but too remote and the ozone layer is thinnish down there. Not really a climate like that in the USA.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've had it set to 68 since March, except for when I brought in the Jon Wayne guy early last month to do the $179 tune-up with the all summer guarantee.

The last 3 days the AC was running just fine and I was still sweating like as if in a frickin' steam room on the inside. It's been running MORE today than the last couple days, though, probably because of the constant sun beating down today compared to the last few days where the muggy stratus clouds hung over and hazed us for the first half-plus of the days.
    the evaporator coil takes moisture out of the air. sounds like you are losing a charge or something akin to that. A temperature split is what it is.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    the evaporator coil takes moisture out of the air. sounds like you are losing a charge or something akin to that. A temperature split is what it is.
    Nah... Today I'm much more comfortable inside. The temperature was slightly lower yesterday and the day before but the humidity was >30% higher which gave inside that awful muggy feeling that I'm not feeling today.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't feel like I'm in a rotting in a sauna INDOORS WITH THE AIR CONDITIONER ON, sweating today though. Yesterday's humidity was well over 80 percent though. Now it's under 50. That makes a huge difference.
    No it wasn't. 99 degrees with 80% humidity would be a dewpoint of 92 and a heat index of 153, which would both be American records.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nah... Today I'm much more comfortable inside. The temperature was slightly lower yesterday and the day before but the humidity was >30% higher which gave inside that awful muggy feeling that I'm not feeling today.
    Your unit has to be running nonstop. Even 30% humidity would not take long to get remove from the air with a decent split.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yes, true, but you've got to admit it FEELS more closer to Phoenix in SA today as opposed to some tropical hole like India or Thailand compared to the last 2-3 days.
    Nope feels the same as yesterday Tomorrow maybe we get a heat index below 110.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    No it wasn't. 99 degrees with 80% humidity would be a dewpoint of 92 and a heat index of 153, which would both be American records.
    Idk but that's what it felt like and that is kind of typical for late spring before monsoon season in parts of Asia and India.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Idk but that's what it felt like and that is kind of typical for late spring before monsoon season in parts of Asia and India.
    Very much doubt that when the highest dewpoint ever recorded was 95 in Saudi Arabia right off the Persian Gulf.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Nope feels the same as yesterday Tomorrow maybe we get a heat index below 110.
    hopefully, but, what I notice about the AC is that, the hotter and drier it is outside the more the AC runs. The more humid and lower actual temperature, regardless of heat index and feels like temp, the less the AC runs and the more a thermostat reading of 68 actually feels more like mid to upper 70s.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Very much doubt that when the highest dewpoint ever recorded was 95 in Saudi Arabia right off the Persian Gulf.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-world-record/

165 degree heat index in Iran in summer 2015. I'm sure there are other examples

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Your unit has to be running nonstop. Even 30% humidity would not take long to get remove from the air with a decent split.
    Unit definitely has been running more today than rest of this week.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And just like that... it's officially 100 in my neighborhood for the first time in 2023.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Random chance of thunderstorms at 11PM now for SA... weird.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-world-record/

165 degree heat index in Iran in summer 2015. I'm sure there are other examples
    Dewpoint of 92 is not typical anywhere at any time

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Dewpoint of 92 is not typical anywhere at any time
    Even dew point at 80 is insufferable.

Humidity down to 40% here in SA right now though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Even dew point at 80 is insufferable.

Humidity down to 40% here in SA right now though.
    Relative Humidity is a completely worthless number. 44% humidity at 97 degrees is still a dewpoint of 71, which is still very humid when typically (other than last nightmare summer) days around 100 you have daytime dewpoints like 61 sometimes even down to like 55 until clouds over at night and the dewpoint jumps to like 74.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Burnet is a thunderstorm cooled 92 right now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Glorious summertime thunderstorm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Really? I'm pretty sure I remember in September 2011, for once, that the high temp was over 110 and the heat index was close to 120. Also happened another time when I was a smaller kid.

https://www.ksat.com/weather/

UPDATE FROM ADAM CASKEY

🌡️🥵 Not exactly the kind of record we wanted to set today - Adam
    We made history today with the all-time hottest Heat Index (feels like temperature) ever recorded in San Antonio. At 3:30pm the heat index soared to 115° as a result of triple digit heat combined with unusually high humidity. By the way, data pertaining to heat index goes back to 1946 in San Antonio.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    https://www.ksat.com/weather/

UPDATE FROM ADAM CASKEY

️掠 Not exactly the kind of record we wanted to set today - Adam
    We made history today with the all-time hottest Heat Index (feels like temperature) ever recorded in San Antonio. At 3:30pm the heat index soared to 115° as a result of triple digit heat combined with unusually high humidity. By the way, data pertaining to heat index goes back to 1946 in San Antonio.
    Ouch.

Yeah by comparison Phoenix is getting highs just south of 110 but the relative humidity is like 10-20% tops. Big difference when your dew point is like 40 degrees.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Glorious summertime thunderstorm
    Not super common this time of year outside of the popcorn single cell sea breeze type of showers that come from the Gulf.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ouch.

Yeah by comparison Phoenix is getting highs just south of 110 but the relative humidity is like 10-20% tops. Big difference when your dew point is like 40 degrees.
    WTF? Dew point is currently 82. I don't think I have ever seen it that high here. It's literally more humid here than Calcutta right now.

Thread Information