Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is from March of this year qchrisy.

What triggered you and the MAGAs as you are now just coming around to it?

He won't do as the FBI was doing this even in Yam s' one term of office.
    That's Herr Johnson. Do you understand what this thread is about?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went to that instead of topic. That's how you know when the rent is free.
    That is not free. You had put in work by posting to get the response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is ducks-like, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's Herr Johnson. Do you understand what this thread is about?

Yes or no.
    Did you actually think this was a new story? And do you think that evangelicals views catholics, like you, as christians, because he they do not.

It explains why Jenna dumped you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol which is it fuzzy?
    Which is what? Maryland is dem controlled and been gerrymandered to just as badly anything the GOP does.

Let me put it this way: Even if your antagonist killed 50 people, if you kill without cause, you are still a murderer.

I get that it is fun to paint your political opponent as the worst things you can find about what his/her group has done. Qrissy and the idiot krew are all about it. if you are going to act snooty then at least be better than that.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is ducks-like, tbh

Is he a Reagan style culture warrior where it's just some bull to get people to vote for him so he can cut taxes for the ruling class? Or is he another Gaetz? I'm guessing the former since he got elected by a group that's mostly servants of American oligarchs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a Reagan style culture warrior where it's just some bull to get people to vote for him so he can cut taxes for the ruling class? Or is he another Gaetz? I'm guessing the former since he got elected by a group that's mostly servants of American oligarchs.
    He is more like Pence but even more christian ideologically driven. He supports Russia in word and action so I find it difficult to see the parallel to Reagan myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is more like Pence but even more christian ideologically driven. He supports Russia in word and action so I find it difficult to see the parallel to Reagan myself.
    The parallel to Reagan would be most GOPers running on the culture war because cutting taxes on the ruling class isn't popular at the ballot box so can't run on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The parallel to Reagan would be most GOPers running on the culture war because cutting taxes on the ruling class isn't popular at the ballot box so can't run on that.
    I get you with the supply side . I just think that you need to be establishment to be compared to Reagan and this guy is not so much. Reagan loved his big military and scientific government programs. He was just so deluded to think supply side would actually pay for it.

Pence and the modern prosperity evangelical type are a more precise comparison IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get you with the supply side . I just think that you need to be establishment to be compared to Reagan and this guy is not so much. Reagan loved his big military and scientific government programs. He was just so deluded to think supply side would actually pay for it.

Pence and the modern prosperity evangelical type are a more precise comparison IMO.
    Reagan didn't believe in any of that supply side , come on. He'd be right at home in today's GOP with his racism and his pandering to evangelicals, and especially for funding death squads to murder leftists in Nicaragua while side-stepping congress. He'd be even more of a hero to the fascist GOP base of today doing those kind of crimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reagan didn't believe in any of that supply side , come on. He'd be right at home in today's GOP with his racism and his pandering to evangelicals, and especially for funding death squads to murder leftists in Nicaragua while side-stepping congress. He'd be even more of a hero to the fascist GOP base of today doing those kind of crimes.
    He made massive cuts to income and capital gains taxes using Laffer as cause. That is like quintessential supply side policy.

He was willing to change his mind in the face of a tanking 1983 economy but he very much so believed the nonsense. That Regan/Bush pragmatism is what is missing in the modern GOP.

But yeah his xenophobic stance on things does certainly still ring true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is what? Maryland is dem controlled and been gerrymandered to just as badly anything the GOP does.

Let me put it this way: Even if your antagonist killed 50 people, if you kill without cause, you are still a murderer.

I get that it is fun to paint your political opponent as the worst things you can find about what his/her group has done. Qrissy and the idiot krew are all about it. if you are going to act snooty then at least be better than that.
    Oh, I'm not denying that Democrats have gerrymandered -- the evidence is obvious. You could, tactfully, make the argument that if they didn't they would risk losing the entire country to it. If the courts aren't going to step up and stop it, you either take the low road or you lose. If one team is goaltending/committing pass interference on every play, at some point your defense isn't going to be able to compete with what the other team is doing.

Both teams are dirty here for sure. As is often the case, though, the Democrats have dirty hands, the Republicans are quite literally rolling around in it and slathering it all over themselves. That's my perspective. And I do think it matters. I don't think you can argue for a clean conscience about it, or state that you are innocent/free of the thing, but the order of magnitude with which you indulge in it matters, as does the frequency.

It also feels a wee bit more sinister considering how the GOP segregates voting blocks given the history of black/minority oppression (and, by extension, voting suppression) in this country. Obviously that's more of a philosophical argument than once with any legal heft, but we are discussing morality here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I'm not denying that Democrats have gerrymandered -- the evidence is obvious. You could, tactfully, make the argument that if they didn't they would risk losing the entire country to it. If the courts aren't going to step up and stop it, you either take the low road or you lose. If one team is goaltending/committing pass interference on every play, at some point your defense isn't going to be able to compete with what the other team is doing.

Both teams are dirty here for sure. As is often the case, though, the Democrats have dirty hands, the Republicans are quite literally rolling around in it and slathering it all over themselves. That's my perspective. And I do think it matters. I don't think you can argue for a clean conscience about it, or state that you are innocent/free of the thing, but the order of magnitude with which you indulge in it matters, as does the frequency.

It also feels a wee bit more sinister considering how the GOP segregates voting blocks given the history of black/minority oppression in this country. Obviously that's more of a philosophical argument than once with any legal heft, but we are discussing morality here.
    MD slathered themselves in it this past cycle too. It is a natural outcome of the single member district.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MD slathered themselves in it this past cycle too. It is a natural outcome of the single member district.
    Again I would argue 1 state vs huge portions of the rust belt and the south are not equivalent. Also not attempting to claim innocence here. Just that it's at this point a necessary, ty evil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made massive cuts to income and capital gains taxes using Laffer as cause. That is like quintessential supply side policy.
    Or using Laffer as an excuse to do it. Reagan made it crystal clear he never gave a about deficits when his economic plan was starve the beast to keep lowering taxes on the ruling class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or using Laffer as an excuse to do it. Reagan made it crystal clear he never gave a about deficits when his economic plan was starve the beast to keep lowering taxes on the ruling class.
    We can never know what went on in his head but he did use Laffer as justification and he did raise taxes back in 1982/3 when he tanked the economy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Eq...ty_Act_of_1982

Bush had to do it again in his term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again I would argue 1 state vs huge portions of the rust belt and the south are not equivalent. Also not attempting to claim innocence here. Just that it's at this point a necessary, ty evil.
    I never said equivalence. I agree that it is a natural by product of single member districts.

The solution is to get rid of the single member district.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know Chump was "googling".

I'm a-ok with all that especially coming from face meth head loving gay bottom busting Adam the lying psycho in the halls of Congress Schiff.

That dude Schiff deserves to be hung from a light pole.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm a-ok with all that especially coming from face meth head loving gay bottom busting Adam the lying psycho in the halls of Congress Schiff.

That dude Schiff deserves to be hung from a light pole.
    Another!!!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know Chump was "googling".
    You were waiting to be told who he is and what to think about him.

Qhris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is not free. You had put in work by posting to get the response.
    It's absolutely free. I posted work on topic, he dragged up 10+years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny that you are such a sheep that you can't think for yourself and realize that there is a middle ground between both "sides". Typical beta mindless follower.
    Your side does it 100 times, the other side does it once, you cry "both sides". It's what your podcast overlords tell you to think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your side does it 100 times, the other side does it once, you cry "both sides". It's what your podcast overlords tell you to think.
    Also lol the middle ground. The GOP has turned into a Nazi party since 2015 while the DNC took a strong turn right with Clinton's nomination in '92 and have basically stayed there since, with most of the party built in his image.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also lol the middle ground. The GOP has turned into a Nazi party since 2015 while the DNC took a strong turn right with Clinton's nomination in '92 and have basically stayed there since, with most of the party built in his image.

LMAO "You think" the GOP has turned into Nazis but it's your side who's celebrating Hamas killing Jews. Hmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Trump is going to write his own Mein Kampf from jail. He already has the cult-like followers.

Thread Information