Page 7 of 141 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Top notch protection, Russia must be bat scared to those 2 polish birds
    Russia "accidentally" shot down a South Korean airline so accidentally hitting the Polish National team is certainly being looked into by Putler.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Zelenowski is more than ready for WW3, looks more and more like an orangutan with a flame thrower playing around Chernobyl. Hopefully those F-16’s can stop Ukrainian SAM 300 missiles.

2 Polish citizens were already sacrificed like nothing, so that Mr. Z the nazi can trigger NATO - Russia cataclysmic war. Dropping some Polish airplanes from the sky will be absolutely nothing for him.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    But sure, Nato, USA, etc have never accidentally killed innocent people

The moral compass in the West in strong

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    God dammit

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

Welp ESPN

Veteran
    Post Count
    tbh, this might not be a popular opinion in Argentina, but if the Scaloneta can't win it, hopefully Brazil brings home the hexa...
    After argentina, i want Brasil, s Korea, Saudi Arabia

The only teams without nationalized players, in other words, national teams

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

good man

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Okay so recent 8 Champions. We do a mini bracket

1990: West Germany
    1994: Brazil
    1998: France
    2002: Brazil
    2006: Italy
    2010: Spain
    2014: Germany
    2018: France

1990 W.Germany vs 2014 Germany

1994 Brazil vs 2002 Brazil

1998 France vs 2018 France

2006 Italy vs 2010 Spain

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

2006 Italy vs 2010 Spain

I'm undecided on 1994 Brazil vs 2002 Brazil tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol Argentina has Italians and Spaniards

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

2006 Italy vs 2010 Spain

I'm undecided on 1994 Brazil vs 2002 Brazil tbh
    I'm surprised you are picking so many older teams

I don't know much about 1990 & '94 other than the big names

Veteran
    Post Count
    By that standard France has like two actual frenchies.. I'm only talking about players born in other countries

Surprised an Algerian is taking this position but i guess that's what happens when your best players represent the colonizer.. Argentina and Brasil are great enough to give other teams good players and still field compe ive teams

My Team
    France
    Post Count

what a weird criteria

What nationalized means btw ? you mean naturalized ?

France has 3 players out of 26 not born in France... and those 3 moved to France when they were 3 y/o or something.

when we talk about naturalized players I think of dudes like Diego Costa who has been naturalized at 20 y/o.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    weird racism I guess

Diego must have in the Group of Argie fans chanting some racist about Mbappe in Doha

Argentinean football fans are low key among the most racist fans in the world.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

When this is the same nation. That's weird.

Veteran
    Post Count
    weird racism I guess

Diego must have in the Group of Argie fans chanting some racist about Mbappe in Doha

Argentinean football fans are low key among the most racist fans in the world.
    I'm not looking at skin color, in looking at roots .. is hakeem American? Is ibaka Spaniard? Is camoranesi Italian? Is moukoko german??

I can understand the son of immigrants playing for his parents home country, like a Nash or a Trezeguet. But when it's clearly a case of sporting advantage it goes totally against the spirit of national teams, like it or not, Argentina and Brasil never cross that line, while "super powers" like spain and USA (in bball) do... I think it's a big difference , nothing racist about it

Veteran
    Post Count
    A lot of these guys feel obligated, to play for the country that gave them an opportunity.. did Ansul Fati choose to play for Spain, or did he feel his spot at Barcelona was a condition that he played for Spain?? Money has warped everything, respect to the Saudis and Koreans for not doing like everyone else

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

When this is the same nation. That's weird.
    Mot really since football is a multicultural sport and hockey is like 98% a white sport

Veteran
    Post Count
    I didn't even point the finger France yet lefty accused Argentina of using Spaniards and Italians when none of our players were born there, while France has a couple players born abroad.. on the contrary French people should agree, you have many players developed in France playing for other countries... But they were developed in France for political/family reasons, bit like spain, england, Italy, usa who have many players there purely for economic/compe ive reasons.. either way countries like Argentina and Brasil have a purity neither group will ever have

Veteran
    Post Count
    Sorry on the phone, i put but unlike Spain england Italy usa etc

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    BRUH

I should have used the blue font

Veteran
    Post Count
    that bothers me, what's the point of national teams if anyone can be "naturalized"

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    I've discussed this topic in the past in length so I won't harp on it

A couple players on each team from different backgrounds (with family ties) is rather cool and even inspirational. But I think a few European nations have lost the plot. Atleast the USA team often resembles an UN meeting

I've lived in 3 nations and plan to add a 4th in the near future so I'm not going to be a hypocrit. But to Diego's point the International compe ion is cheapened when IMO nations that were already historically strong now start harvesting global players. Atleast truly make it diverse and have someone from every corner of the Globe.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Okay so recent 8 Champions. We do a mini bracket

1990: West Germany
    1994: Brazil
    1998: France
    2002: Brazil
    2006: Italy
    2010: Spain
    2014: Germany
    2018: France

A) 1990 W.Germany vs 2014 Germany

B) 1994 Brazil vs 2002 Brazil

C) 1998 France vs 2018 France

D) 2006 Italy vs 2010 Spain
    A) Would go with West Germany, they had well trained a Matthäus bomb from a corner for another bomb volley from Brehme. Besides Klinsmann was unstoppable.

B) Will go with the 2002 team, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafú it’s just frightening talent, like the Brazil teams of old.

The 1994 team, I don’t think would have pass trough 94’ Argentina in normal conditions. Romario is an all time great, top-10 perhaps top-15 ever player and could have decided any game if given the ball at the right place, but overall, the 94’ Brazil was more a tactical team, that won the World Cup by penalties vs Italy.

C) Would definitely go with France 98’, didn’t see a better team, since Italy 82’. Lot of talent, pace, dispatched favourites Brazil 3:0, that had the best player in the world Ronaldo Nazario. Doubt MBappé could do better.

D) Would go with Spain, some of best ever players in their respective positions played in that team. Casillas is widely regarded as best ever goalkeeper, Sergio Ramos is widely regarded as best ever center back (though he played great as right lateral in the 2010 team), Xavi and Iniesta are regarded as some of the best midfielders ever. Plus competent forwards like Villa and Torres, other outstanding defensive midfielders like Busquets and Alonso, plus other exceptional defenders like Puyol and Piqué.

The 06’ Italy team was good, they took out the home team, Germany, they had some all time great players too (Buffon, Pirlo, Del Piero), but weren’t really better than France in that final.

On the other hand, never before saw the Netherlands NT having to resort to constant hard fouls, like completely untalented teams do, to try contain the Spanish team.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Nicolas Gonzalez and Joaquin Correa are out of the Argentina squad due to injuries/not being 100%.

Angel Correa and Thiago Almada are in for them.

Thread Information