Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you must have amnesia, because we just spoke yesterday, in the thread where you're drooling over Baynes, as if he's the heir apparent to Duncan.

I've said what I had to say. Those that are enlightened and rational, will get it and those that aren't and/or have an automatic bias against everything I say, I'm not going to waste my time even bothering.

You say two minutes as if they were any two minutes. You're either in denial or have a loser mentality . . . either way, you're not worthy of taking up any more of my time.
    Yeah, I was going to reply to him but its pretty pointless. The guy just doesn't seem to get it.

silverblk mystix
    Then you must have amnesia, because we just spoke yesterday, in the thread where you're drooling over Baynes, as if he's the heir apparent to Duncan.

I've said what I had to say. Those that are enlightened and rational, will get it and those that aren't and/or have an automatic bias against everything I say, I'm not going to waste my time even bothering.

You say two minutes as if they were any two minutes. You're either in denial or have a loser mentality . . . either way, you're not worthy of taking up any more of my time.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't even thought about the Spurs' Finals performance in months. Now that I am thinking about it, it's no big deal. They gave it a run, did a great job, still got paid ridiculous cash, and now it's a new season. Go Spurs Go! Ready for more entertainment!
    Unfortunately the haters in here will claim you have a loser mentality because you are not crying and pining like they are, and because you appear to dismiss it so nonchalantly.
    I, and most of us rational die hard fans, understand why you feel the way you do about it and for the most part agree with you.
    The truth is the previous season is over with and the new season is upon us, and the future looks pretty bright, not bleak.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "you are not worthy".................

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great ing god what a got fest this season is going to be if this is where we already are.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great ing god what a got fest this season is going to be if this is where we already are.
    It's beginning to look like we are going to have to suffer all year long or we are awful and terrible fans.
    I don't intend to. I intend to enjoy the next Drive To Five!
    And I refuse to let the doom and gloom crowd influence me!
    Last edited by xmas1997; 10-10-2013 at 07:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been over the finals loss for quite some time now tho it still sucks to know the le was literally in our grasp. it, no reason to be emo about. The outcome can't be changed.

I'm really looking forward to Spurs basketball again...it's some of the best the human race has to give tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
    I know the feeling, brother.

I still feel the pit-of-stomach nausea now and then, but when I do I think of what an amazing series it was, how incredibly the Spurs played to get there, the way they fought down to the very last minute, and the fact that at 4-0 in Finals before this we were due a gut-punch... and did we ever get one!

Glad to hear the rest of your world is awesome though! Love to Kori and the kids.

Ruff

PS The bit I keep replaying is the 1st 3 LBJ bricked that came so hard of the backboard/rim that Kawhi, the best rebounder in the series with his gigantic hands, couldn't hold onto it, and up into the air it flew. Then 3 Spurs spoiled each other going for the secondary rebound, Wade came in to knock it away, and we know what happened then.

No-one can tell me that somehow Tim would've grabbed that when Kawhi couldn't though, so blaming Pop or anyone else is foolish. We were damned unlucky, and it happens to even the best teams.
    Last edited by RuffnReadyOzStyle; 10-10-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a huge inferiority complex...which leads him to think everyone who disagrees with him is against him and has always been. He's a rich mans version of Kidd K tbh.
    Too dumb to realize how hypocritical you are. You run into every thread about this and spew the same bull , as if you're going to convert those of us with a brain into your senseless, in denial, loser mentality way of thinking . . . yet I'm the one with an inferiority complex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna drag myself into this anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please, can someone start a "mature Spurs fan forum"?

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, please.
    How old are these whiners?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, please.
    Aren't you whining about others whining? Forget it, I don't want to whine about you whining about others whines.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't you whining about others whining? Forget it, I don't want to whine about you whining about others whines.

No, actually I am now laughing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, please.
    12-21, going on 5. The difference is generational. Those of us who are older were taught that losing isn't failure, failure is not learning from your mistakes, whereas the young today see winning as everything and feel a misplaced sense of en lement to it.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try spursreport, they'll be glad to add you to their 8 users.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obligatory shots at me from the longtime TD 21 haters/closet fans are expected, but I must say, I'm downright shocked to see so many blatant timvp worshipers defying their god. How dare you!

Add Ruff to the list of those either lying, living in denial, or possessing a loser mentality. I'd say I'm surprised, but then I'd just be lying . . . and for the record, we're both well above the range you listed, especially fat, inbred hick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rare image of TD21 in his natural setting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take solace in the fact that the previous most heartbreaking losses in the Duncan era... .4 and the Manu Foul, were punctuated by championships the following season.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take solace in the fact that the previous most heartbreaking losses in the Duncan era... .4 and the Manu Foul, were punctuated by championships the following season.
    How right you are.
    But let's not forget that 2014 is an even numbered year, for those among you who are supers ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those of us who are older were taught that losing isn't failure, failure is not learning from your mistakes, whereas the young today see winning as everything and feel a misplaced sense of en lement to it.
    A- ing-men.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not gonna drag myself into this anymore.
    I agree with you 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idgaf what anyone says, the Spurs failed. No matter how many times you try to justify it, or how many ways you try to spin in, they failed when it mattered the most. We aren't the Jazz/Warriors/Clippers, the Spurs were supposed to be there and they were supposed to win. that loser "lucky to be here" mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you 100%.
    My bad, I had to get that off of my chest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idgaf what anyone says, the Spurs failed. No matter how many times you try to justify it, or how many ways you try to spin in, they failed when it mattered the most. We aren't the Jazz/Warriors/Clippers, the Spurs were supposed to be there and they were supposed to win. that loser "lucky to be here" mentality.

Thread Information