Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Name one good / healthy team Curry beat.

The Durbetta collusion was a joke. + that took the refs absolutely robbing Lebron of the game sealing taking a charge in Game 1.
    Even some Cleveland folks say the Golden s would have won 4-1 or 4-2 anyways. Im not so sure.

Lebron broke his hand after the game he was so pissed. Dumb? Well ya but i appreciate his passion. I was livid after that rigged .

That's the one where the ABC Disney Stern NBA refs called timeout and for the 1st time in something like a year overturned a charging call.

p.s. and the Ime Boston soft gots collapse was not a "good" team.
    This is ironic considering you're talking about the Warriors vs another stacked team. Kevin Love, Kyrie, Lebron and some good role guys, plus Lebron just came off a super friends team. There's no collusion, you put your best 5 on the floor.

You don't have to like it, but Steph has the same number of rings Lebron has.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just went through this series from Thinking Basketball, which is a pretty good basketball YouTube channel which I find insightful.

I don't agree with the entire ranking, but it is directionally correct, and I can see the arguments.

This is strictly about the top 10 peaks, not the top 10 careers. It is an entire series with 14 players analyzed. Bill Walton, Durant, Kobe and Robinson didn't make the top 10.

Top 10 peaks:
    10 - Magic 87-89
    9 - Duncan 02-03
    8 - Garnett 03-04
    7 - Curry 16-17
    6 - Kareem 77-79
    5 - Bird 85-86
    4 - Hakeem 93-95
    3 - Shaq 00-01
    2 - Lebron 12-13
    1 - Jordan 89-91

I would rank Magic and Duncan higher, Garnett, and Kareem lower, and Curry in between. I also have some qualms about the peak years, but that is another story.

I would even rank Moses and Robinson higher than Kareem, as his 77-79 season wasn't really all that great. If you were talking about the Bucks Kareem, I would rank him in the top 5 for sure.

So my ranking, based on these players
    1) Jordan 90-92
    2) Lebron 12-14
    3) Shaq 00-02
    4) Bird 84-87
    5) Duncan 01-03
    6) Hakeem 93-95
    7) Magic 87-89
    8) Curry 16-17
    9) Robinson 92-95
    10) Moses 81-83
    11) Garnett 03-04
    12) Kobe 05-07
    13) Garnett 03-04
    14 Walton- 76-78
    Some of your peaks are questionable. Lebron's 12 and 13? He was on a super team. He was more impressive when he dropped 25 straight against Detroit or when he basically carried the Cavs through the playoffs and won the Finals because Kyrie was injured.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Peaks, especially in NBA is so subjective. Too dependent on health, teammates, opponents and even rules.

NFL is peak sport. In Basketball we enjoy the rise, fall and then hopefully rebound; in players career. How guys deal with success fame/financial is always big story line in Basketball.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    IMO

Tier1: MJ, Shaq, Duncan
    Tier2: Kobe, Lebron, Curry, Jokic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO

Lebron should be in tier 1 tbh. Jokic might be there too, but we also haven't seen his peak yet imo.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron should be in tier 1 tbh. Jokic might be there too, but we also haven't seen his peak yet imo.
    I tend to appreciate players after they leave. I was absolute Kobe hater decades ago.

Lebron has the longevity but his poor performances cannot be ignored.

Playoff game: MJ, Shaq and Duncan you know it's a war

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jokic needs the Repeat status

Puts him above Giannis, Dirk and DRob

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to appreciate players after they leave. I was absolute Kobe hater decades ago.

Lebron has the longevity but his poor performances cannot be ignored.

Playoff game: MJ, Shaq and Duncan you know it's a war
    Only poor performance I recall is 2011. His Finals record is cir stantial; most of his matchups were against all-time teams with mediocre/injured supporting casts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Jokic repeats this year he's already knocking on the door of the top-10 all time tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Only poor performance I recall is 2011. His Finals record is cir stantial; most of his matchups were against all-time teams with mediocre/injured supporting casts.
    Lebron & Kobe are arguably the biggest opposites

Kobe "fought" to take the Captain arm band and he played like it. But yes that Suns Game 7. We can't forget. My point being Kobe would wrestle the ball in practice. Lakers were his until you wrestled it outta his hands. Busted knee. Hero ball Era. When Men made the final decision and shouldered the aftermath.

Lebron was mister cool. If it doesn't work here then I'll make it work elsewhere. And that's his playstyle. He's not retiring a Laker. If he could he would retire as Team Lebron. Don't let James fool us, he has immense ego that ventures beyond basketball.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Lebron plays smily nice guy because he isn't as mentally sharp as these counterparts. Overall I like Lebron but he needs to stay outta politics. Athletes are too heated. He has to be aware of how much influence he possesss with certain demographics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe "fought" to take the Captain arm band and he played like it. But yes that Suns Game 7. We can't forget. My point being Kobe would wrestle the ball in practice. Lakers were his until you wrestled it outta his hands. Busted knee. Hero ball Era. When Men made the final decision and shouldered the aftermath.

Lebron was mister cool. If it doesn't work here then I'll make it work elsewhere. And that's his playstyle. He's not retiring a Laker. If he could he would retire as Team Lebron. Don't let James fool us, he has immense ego that ventures beyond basketball.
    Don't really care about his off-the-court antics tbh. On the court he's the most complete player the NBA has ever seen, and his ability to move on after painful defeats is pretty incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of your peaks are questionable. Lebron's 12 and 13? He was on a super team. He was more impressive when he dropped 25 straight against Detroit or when he basically carried the Cavs through the playoffs and won the Finals because Kyrie was injured.
    I can see that. I think he was quicker in his first Cleveland stint. But starting in Miami he got stronger and a better shooter after the 11 series vs Mavs. I can see either.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    of course you would find a way to make d-rob a top 10er
    I'm glad you said it, chubbs, he'd a called me everything but a White man if I had.

amb, you ain't got 1 insightful bone in your whole body.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is ironic considering you're talking about the Warriors vs another stacked team. Kevin Love, Kyrie, Lebron and some good role guys, plus Lebron just came off a super friends team. There's no collusion, you put your best 5 on the floor.

You don't have to like it, but Steph has the same number of rings Lebron has.
    ????
    Kyrie blew out his knee in Game 1 of 2015.
    2018 he was not on the Cavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . The stats more or less is on my side. Robinson put up some top 5 all time stats those few years. Hi r just didn’t have the team to go with it. Sort of like Lebron 07-10 period.
    AJ and VDN backcourt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO

I’m not the biggest lebron fam but he is objectively tier 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jokic is already above drob and Giannis. Maybe even Dirk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe never shouldered the aftermath.

He took all the glory and side stepped all the blame. Subtly blaming his teammates on everything. And whenever he had a bad game, he would have this mysterious injury that was kept under wraps and only got found out afterwards. But then he’d have a good game and he was mysteriously uninjured again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe never shouldered the aftermath.

He took all the glory and side stepped all the blame. Subtly blaming his teammates on everything. And whenever he had a bad game, he would have this mysterious injury that was kept under wraps and only got found out afterwards. But then he’d have a good game and he was mysteriously uninjured again.

He put down that last Lakers back-to-back, and it was versus the Celtics. We ain't forgettin' that, ever. It's OUR religion. You ain't got nary a back-to-back. Your's are haphazard and dull.

ADDENamb, I mean ADDENDUM: Kobe is like Trump. He got in there and was immediately hated by fandoms countryWIDE, the size of Hillary's backside. The rank & file put up with him because he caused $ to flow freely, but fandoms like amb's, et al, hated him on contact and wanted him IMPEACHED, I mean injured. Wanted him ASSASSINATED, I mean injured. Wanted him BEHEAD, I mean injured.

You get my in' drift, amb?

Love always,

- Dale
    Last edited by Thread; 04-13-2024 at 12:06 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with him. In fact, if he weren't Black hating White I'd disavow that 17th. & what's more? I'd never look back. Well, maybe a peek or two, if I could get the walker squared away, huh?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    ????
    Kyrie blew out his knee in Game 1 of 2015.
    2018 he was not on the Cavs.
    2015 is irrelevant. Lebron made 8 straight Finals appearances. He didn't do that with scrubs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2015 is irrelevant. Lebron made 8 straight Finals appearances. He didn't do that with scrubs.
    What, I'm on your to ignore list again, Lue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2015 is extremely relevant.
    Lebron was clearly, hands down the MVP.
    Yet the Warriors are able to add it to their 4 *Championships, as if they could sniff the strap of Timmy Dunks legit Champioships.

Lebrons 2016 takedown of the Warriors is >>>>>>>>>>>> then 2015 Warriors charity case.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    History will place Lebron there but we watched and know he is closer to Kobe than Tier1

Thread Information