• Dirk Nowitzki

99 71.74%
  • Kevin Garnett

39 28.26%
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dirk on that celtics team does not win the le. if dirk allen and pierce were on the floor together, there isnt enough shots. the reason the celtics won the ring in 08 was because of their toughness and defense. both traits weren't there before kg got there. he made perkins and powe play with a sense on urgency on defense.

kg>>> dirk
    Yes boston needed a player more like KG, but that doesn't mean he's better than Dirk.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bump will beat you to the ground.
    This tourney will come down to whoever Bump likes best.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that comment was in response to those who said dirk on that team would have won the ring.

as for the comparison, thats why we have it right? KG is a two way player. his offense is better than people give him credit for. he's got an unblockable midrange fade, can absolutely finish at the rim, and is always in the running for DPOY. dirk's offensive production can be replaced by alot of players in the leauge. only a handful of players can play D like garnett.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

or

Dirk is a pussy ass . What kind of 7-footer shoots jumpers all the time?

Look at this: the "franchise player" was punked by a no-name loser power forward. Dirk probably cried to his ugly criminal girlfriend after that incident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is a pussy ass . What kind of 7-footer shoots jumpers all the time?
    Garnett?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that comment was in response to those who said dirk on that team would have won the ring.

as for the comparison, thats why we have it right? KG is a two way player. his offense is better than people give him credit for. he's got an unblockable midrange fade, can absolutely finish at the rim, and is always in the running for DPOY. dirk's offensive production can be replaced by alot of players in the leauge. only a handful of players can play D like garnett.
    This Lakerfan knows the , as KG was a big reason his team got beat into the ground in '08.

Dirk *may* be a better true scorer, but that's where the debate ends. KG has him bested in every other category. He's not the outside player Dirk is, but has many of his own fakes and fadeaways to work with as well. And inside, its a No Contest.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    KG is older and is coming off a major knee injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG for me. bag or not, I think he is the better player.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    KG also had Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, James Posey, Eddie House, Sam Cassell, Kendrick Perkins.

While..

Dirk had Erick Dampier, Desanga Diop, Adrian Griffin, Marquis Daniels, Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse, Jason Terry.

KG on the Mavs then wouldnt make it past the 2nd round.

Dirk with that Celts wins a championship
    +1,000,000 and lock the thread.

KG had Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Dirk had Josh Howard and Jason Terry.

You tell me who's better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG is older and is coming off a major knee injury.
    I'd still pick him over Dirk.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count

KG had Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Dirk had Josh Howard and Jason Terry.

You tell me who's better.
    Kevin Garnett, obviously. Dirk has no rings, and he blew his chance to get one by letting Dwyane Wade on him.

And he takes his frustration out on something that can't fight back, because Dirk wouldn't win a fight against Candace Parker, if his life depended on it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Coming off an injury it has to be Dirk ...thi spoll really is not fair to be honest. 2-5 years ago KG everyday ...even though dirk is a great player ...now? Dirk.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd still pick him over Dirk.
    Guess you're not interested in winning games, then.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This Lakerfan knows the , as KG was a big reason his team got beat into the ground in '08.

Dirk *may* be a better true scorer, but that's where the debate ends. KG has him bested in every other category. He's not the outside player Dirk is, but has many of his own fakes and fadeaways to work with as well. And inside, its a No Contest.
    all im saying is when we play the celts, im def nervous because of KG. when we play the mavs, i expect it to be a cake walk. no offense mavs fans just how i feel pregame.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kevin Garnett, obviously. Dirk has no rings, and he blew his chance to get one by letting Dwyane Wade on him.

And he takes his frustration out on something that can't fight back, because Dirk wouldn't win a fight against Candace Parker, if his life depended on it.
    121-63. What would you know about getting close to winning a championship?

Your post speaks for itself; you don't know much about basketball. Dirk's performance in the Finals was more than adequate. Miami > Dallas. Dirk took a giant dump on your team last year but 07-08 New Orleans > 07-08 Dallas. You win and lose as a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess you're not interested in winning games, then.
    I'm interested in winning championships.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm interested in winning championships.
    Then in that case I'll take the franchise player who isn't coming off a major knee injury and is two years younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coming off an injury it has to be Dirk ...thi spoll really is not fair to be honest. 2-5 years ago KG everyday ...even though dirk is a great player ...now? Dirk.
    If we argue about who has the best career this thread will be boring. There will be no doubt that KG >> Dirk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then in that case I'll take the franchise player who isn't coming off a major knee injury and is two years younger.
    Age doesn't matter we're talking for the next season only.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we argue about who has the best career this thread will be boring. There will be no doubt that KG >> Dirk
    why? coz he went far in the playoffs two seasons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah. Allen and Pierce needed that defensive presence, which Dirk is not, never has been, and self-convincing you've done has no affect on me.

It wasn't scoring that won the 08 banner, it was defense. Just like the refs screwing the spurs is the reason defense didn't win in 06 like the other years around it.

btw, Dirk is one of the all-time biggest losers if you ask me. Guy never complains or anything, just takes losing as the #1 option like its no big deal. POW right in the kisser, over and over again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    KG could only get past the first round of the playoffs when he had a bang-up supporting cast beside him (Cassell/Sprewell 04, Allen/Pierce 08). Dirk hasn't exactly been playing with D-League stiffs his entire career, but he did drag a team with Jason Terry and Josh Howard as his two best sidekicks within an inch of a le. I'm pretty sure Dirk would have a ring too if he had the opportunity to go to war with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Pierce/Allen >>>>>> Jet/Josh.

Dirk's career > KG's career.

If you're going by the hardware argument, then Jason Kapono and Michael Doleac > Dirk.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, Dirk just played a whole season. Dirk > Garnett.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    4-1, got. Why don't you stop living vicariously through other teams?

What would you know about getting close to winning a championship?
    I know that missing potential game tying free throws won't get one's team a championship.

Your post speaks for itself; you don't know much about basketball. Dirk's performance in the Finals was more than adequate.
    Dirk's performance in the Finals is the perfect example of how not to win a championship.

Miami > Dallas.
    No, you mean, Dwyane Wade > Dallas. Your team managed to lose four games straight after blowing a ten point fourth quarter lead in Game 3. It just goes to show that the Mavericks have no heart.

Dirk took a giant dump on your team last year
    And Chris Paul almost had a quadruple double playing the Mavericks and made an even bigger fool out of the JET.

but 07-08 New Orleans > 07-08 Dallas.
    08-09 New Orleans > 08-09 Dallas. It took injuries to multiple starters so your Mavericks could get just one more win.

You win and lose as a team.
    And the team captain is responsible for choking in the biggest moment of his career.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    nah. Allen and Pierce needed that defensive presence, which Dirk is not, never has been, and self-convincing you've done has no affect on me.
    Kendrick Perkins is just as good, if not a better defender, than Erick Dampier. If Dirk can come within an inch of a le with Erick Dampier starting alongside him, I'm pretty sure a supporting cast of Allen/Pierce/Perkins would be no different.

It wasn't scoring that won the 08 banner, it was defense. Just like the refs screwing the spurs is the reason defense didn't win in 06 like the other years around it.
    btw, Dirk is one of the all-time biggest losers if you ask me. Guy never complains or anything, just takes losing as the #1 option like its no big deal. POW right in the kisser, over and over again.
    Has years of raping your team not taught you anything? It's one thing when some dip Hornets fan s on Dirk, but you would think a Spurs fan would know better. Guess not.

Thread Information