Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The market has been surprisingly resilient with the higher interest rates. I see no reason it can't last through the rest of the year at least. Although July and August are traditionally slumpy months for the markets (especially in election years) there may be enough tailwind with potential interest rate cuts to keep the party going. I ran the numbers on the stocks and ETFs I own this morning and with one exception (losing on Pfizer) everything else is up between 12% and 50% since the first of the year. About to dump some more money in next week. Thinking about going long on copper producers.
    Funny how you always brag about how well you're doing when a Democrat is in the White House but hate them being in the White House. And you'll keep not voting for democrats for President.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how you always brag about how well you're doing when a Democrat is in the White House but hate them being in the White House. And you'll keep not voting for democrats for President.
    We are talking about the stock market Butt Hurt Beta Blake. Sorry it makes you feel inferior.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are talking about the stock market Butt Hurt Beta Blake. Sorry it makes you feel inferior.
    Simple index fund will do it. Not much thinking involved.
    But one has to be able to invest.

The division of wealth in the US is a gigantic problem.
    Middle class shrinks, education starts to decline, democracy becomes fragile.
    Populist movements on both ends of the political spectrum gain momentum. Currently this is the conservative right that fears they are under attack from, any migrants, godless heathens, gays, intellectuals, dark colored skin, scientists…. So one can definitely see how Christian Nationalists can easily turn hypocritical concerning the leaders they choose while the true leader is a leacherous, lying, scam artist.

Scare the out of as many old folks as they can as well. Make sure the white folk that did not make the $ grade have someone to blame it on. Damn hard working smart foreigners!
    Last edited by pgardn; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:03 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Simple index fund will do it. Not much thinking involved.
    But one has to be able to invest.

The division of wealth in the US is a gigantic problem.
    Middle class shrinks, education starts to decline, democracy becomes fragile.
    Populist movements on both ends of the political spectrum gain momentum. Currently this is the conservative right that fears they are under attack from, any migrants, godless heathens, gays, intellectuals, dark colored skin, scientists…. So one can definitely see how Christian Nationalists can easily turn hypocritical of the leaders they choose while the true leader is a leacherous, lying, scam artist.

Scare the out of as many old folks as they can as well. Make sure the white folk that did not make the $ grade have someone to blame it on. Damn hard working smart foreigners!
    "...in the name of the greatest people who has ever trod this earth..."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you are talking about your stocks, CosmicPrincess. It's because you're insecure. It's weird because you seem like you shouldn't have to be. But you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you are talking about your stocks, CosmicPrincess. It's because you're insecure. It's weird because you seem like you shouldn't have to be. But you are.
    Butt Hurt Beta Blake, why does it bother you that we can talk about stocks? The thread is about the stock market. Are you really that insecure? Jealous? Why do you always need to petulantly respond when I post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The state of the economy is SO BAD, that the TSA announced record breaking travel on Friday as 2.95 million people took to the skies for Memorial Day Weekend!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Butt Hurt Beta Blake, why does it bother you that we can talk about stocks? The thread is about the stock market. Are you really that insecure? Jealous? Why do you always need to petulantly respond when I post?
    CC is right Blake, why do you do that, son?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC posting repeatedly about his personal success in the "surprisingly resilient, high interest rate" Biden economy tends to obscure the narrative that regular folks are hurting.

Not a complaint, not jealous.

Don't ever change, CC!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CC posting repeatedly about his personal success in the "surprisingly resilient, high interest rate" Biden economy tends to obscure the narrative that regular folks are hurting.

Don't ever change, CC!

Boiled down: $2 a gallon-Trump.
    $5 a gallon-Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't ever change, CC!

I dont think it's any secret that if you have savings it's a good time to be in the market. It's also not a secret that inflation and high interest rates are hurting a lot of people too. Savings and good credit aren't an accident. It requires making choices to get there. Do I have empathy for people getting killed by inflation and high credit card debt? Sure, but I also don't feel guilty about it.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 1 Week Ago at 07:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread aged like Hemisfair adult diapers...

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread aged like Hemisfair adult diapers...
    peculiarly pungent

And if diapers can be stupid, his are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think it's any secret that if you have savings it's a good time to be in the market. It's also not a secret that inflation and high interest rates are hurting a lot of people too. Savings and good credit aren't an accident. It requires making choices to get there. Do I have empathy for people getting killed by inflation and high credit card debt? Sure, but I also don't feel guilty about it.
    Guilty?

I'm surprised you didn't sprain your wrist patting yourself on the back!

Not that you don't deserve it!

Thread Information