Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But that's not what I said.

Nowhere did I say there aren't liberals who repress facts that make their people look bad.

We were talking specifically about criminal sexual allegations against Bill Clinton. I gave you several examples of prominent Democrats who were implicated in scandal and were abandoned by Democrats, and I've made the case that Clinton would face similar treatment. You haven't really denied that, so it seems that we agree on this point.

That Trump fans will fall on the sword for him against any credible allegations is not really debatable, and I can see you're not even attempting to make that case, so I'm glad we agree there as well.

Faced with these two facts on which you apparently agree, you've chosen to shift the debate into a broader discussion that people on both sides exhibit bias, and tried to claim that I somehow disagree on this. I don't. So we agree there too.

Good talk.
    Well it seems you are rational enough to agree on this. I will say that others in here don't want to meet anywhere in the middle on issues and insist that their viewpoints are completely right and never wrong. Those folks are extremely tedious and they are largely the reason why I don't frequent the political forum as often (also recalling the instance where someone here called my employer about the use of my time - which turned out to be a wake up call that validated the fact that some of the users on this forum are completely unhinged [willing to harm people's livelihoods]).

For the record, I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat by name and yet I can still agree with much of a political centrist position. I now lean more Libertarian, believe in self-accountability as the key for societal harmony, and don't believe that the government should be as controlling. The party label has less to do with what we know is “the right thing to do” than what people are willing to admit - because it’s easier for people to pretend like every one of our arguments comes from a place of truth and utmost objectivity rather than to admit that some of our positions may be flawed. Likewise, it’s easier to paint an opposing viewpoint as coming from a place of malice, prejudice, ignorance or bias because then it becomes easier to justify our own positions. Both of these behaviors are intrinsically hardwired in our DNA; to believe that our opinions are correct, because who knowingly would adopt an ideology or creed if they also knew that it was bereft of truth? Unfortunately, we can’t always see the bigger picture and therefore many people’s arguments come from ignorance (strictly by definition - not necessarily insulting people's intellect).

"Dating" underage girls doesn't have to be illegal to be creepy as and absolutely worth knowing about a candidate for UNITED STATES SENATE, dude, Jesus Christ.
    I clearly stated that Moore's preferences were not my cup of tea.

I simply find the timing of that whole circus ridiculous. In other words, he shouldn't have held any public office at all if he was guilty of any wrongdoing. He shouldn't of been employed as a public servant over the past 30 years. He ran several election cycles [two others to be exact] and never once did these allegations surface.

But because of our politically charged environment, where every Senate seat is worth its weight in gold, people wanted to legitimize criminal allegations against him. All of a sudden women popped out of no where to sway public opinion against his bid for that seat. And his political opponents swallowed it all up.

We all knew the charges were salacious and wholly inconsistent with themselves. We quickly understood that the allegations were never meant to formally charge him of any wrongdoing in a court of law - where the accused has every right to face his/her accuser. No, it was all a front meant to convict Moore solely in the "court of public opinion"... and it worked.

EDIT: At the age of 72, Roy Moore should give up his bid to run for the senate again. What I'm saying is that his quest for vindication is understandable - especially if those allegations were completely fabricated to destroy his character.
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 07-18-2019 at 05:21 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The statute of limitations had run out. No charges could be brought even if the women wanted to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy "I like teen-pussy" Moore was AL Supreme Court Chief Justice, twice, got fired first time, got suspended 2nd time.

AL's The Best People

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

About to get real

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

About to get real
    Good. Rip that Band-Aid off.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

About to get real
    Thanks Cernovich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'll add...if you believe in false flags, then a big one should be coming

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thanks Cernovich
    The Miami Herald made all this happen, dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cern filed first...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I'll add...if you believe in false flags, then a big one should be coming
    Mass shooting or a 'Jussie Smollett' possibly. Anyone familiar with the Hegelian Dialectic knows about false flags.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Cernovich
    cern filed first...
    M.Cernovich

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    cern filed first...
    You are correct

These files are being unsealed as a result of a lawsuit first filed by Cerno Media and later joined by the Miami Herald. Cerno Media sought to unseal over 2,000 records implicating Jeffrey Epstein and his fellow sex traffickers. The lower court ruled against Cerno Media. Cerno Media filed an appeal.

While Cerno Media’s appeal was pending, the Miami Herald filed its own motion to unseal the records, lost before the same judge as we did, and they appealed.

The Second Circuit Court of Appealed reversed the lower court ruling, ordering the files the be released:

Michael Cernovich, and the Miami Herald Company (with reporter Julie Brown) appeal from certain orders of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (Robert W. Sweet, Judge) denying their respective motions to unseal filings in a defamation suit. We conclude that the District Court failed to conduct the requisite particularized review when ordering the sealing of the materials at issue. At the same time, we recognize the potential damage to privacy and reputation that may accompany public disclosure of hard‐fought, sensitive litigation. We therefore clarify the legal tools that district courts should use in safeguarding the integrity of their dockets. Accordingly, we VACATE the District Court’s orders entered on November 2, 2016, May 3, 2017, and August 27, 2018, ORDER the unsealing of the summary judgment record as described further herein, and REMAND the cause to the District Court for particularized review of the remaining sealed materials.

Due the to scrutiny Cerno Media’s lawsuit and the Miami Herald’s extensive coverage brought, Epstein was arrested for sex trafficking.

As the Second Circuit Court of Appeals wrote, Cerno Media led the charge on the lawsuit to unseal the records in the Epstein case:

On January 19, 2017, Cernovich, an independent blogger and self‐described “popular political journalist,” moved to intervene, seeking to unseal the summary judgment record, and Dershowitz joined his motion. On April 6, 2018, after the case had settled, the Herald moved to intervene and unseal the entire docket. The District Court granted each of these motions to intervene, but denied the related requests to unseal in orders entered November 2, 2016, May 3, 2017, and August 27, 2018, respectively. The Appellants timely appealed from each of the orders denying their respective motions to unseal. Although each Appellant seeks the release of a different set of do ents, all argue that the District Court failed to analyze the do ents individually or properly apply the presumption of public access to court do ents. We therefore ordered that the appeals be heard in tandem and held argument on March 6, 2019. On March 11, 2019, we issued an order to show cause why we “should not unseal the summary judgment motion, including any materials filed in connection with this motion, and the District Court’s summary judgment decision.”8 The parties timely filed their responses.

You can support that lawsuit here.

https://www.cernovich.com/jeff-epstein-files/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody's gonna be proven guilty of any thing anytime soon if not ever.
    Perhaps not, but scores will soon be dragged through the mud.

There will be furious accusation/deflection from all quarters, because the scandal will touch every corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so... who's the dip now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that time TSA thought a pedo ring bust was because of Sessions and Trump even though they hadn't even taken office yet?

This is what happens when your life is so meaningless you think every little thing that happens is a vast conspiracy by the people you dont like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so... who's the dip now?
    Simple Reck just signed up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple Reck just signed up
    looks like it but then again he also buys into believing he can be a she.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so... who's the dip now?
    anyone who thinks pedophilia is ideologically determined.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jeffrey Epstein Faces Justice, It’ll Be Thanks to a Local Newspaper

The decline of regional news will lead to a golden age of corruption.

The hero of this unhappy saga,

aside from the brave women who came forward with their stories of abuse and intimidation,

is the Miami Herald reporter Julie K. Brown,

who stuck with this story for two years,

winning the confidence of the women and

exposing the shocking sweetheart deal that Epstein’s lawyers cut with then-federal prosecutor Alex Acosta

as well as the attempt by the office of Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus Vance Jr., to reduce Epstein’s sex-offender status.

https://www.thenation.com/article/jeffrey-epstein-julie-brown-miami-herald/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone who thinks pedophilia is ideologically determined.
    who said that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Jeffrey Epstein Faces Justice, It’ll Be Thanks to a Local Newspaper

The decline of regional news will lead to a golden age of corruption.

The hero of this unhappy saga,

aside from the brave women who came forward with their stories of abuse and intimidation,

is the Miami Herald reporter Julie K. Brown,

who stuck with this story for two years,

winning the confidence of the women and

exposing the shocking sweetheart deal that Epstein’s lawyers cut with then-federal prosecutor Alex Acosta

as well as the attempt by the office of Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus Vance Jr., to reduce Epstein’s sex-offender status.

https://www.thenation.com/article/jeffrey-epstein-julie-brown-miami-herald/

no matter how many far-left outlets you post it still doesn't change the fact that the herald came in second place right behind cernovich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lot of dedicated own side blocking ITT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lot of dedicated own side blocking ITT
    what and what? own side? speak english winehole!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what and what? own side? speak english winehole!
    You'll get vague hyperbole, and you'll like it.

Thread Information