Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always think of automated (driverless or semi-driverless) trucking when I see these AI stats. That's one of the most blue collar fields one can break into with little or no knowledge, college education, etc. But it's also a very simple job that an AI can no doubt learn to do, and eventually do better since it won't ever be tired, stressed, or distracted.

People who bring up safety concerns 1) aren't being realistic about the profit motive tbh and 2) aren't being realistic that most highways are relatively low traffic and in high traffic/urban areas, the trucks could be driven by a human for a little while ("final mile" type stuff). In a rural area, an AI in most situations where a human being in another vehicle/pedestrian/etc would be hurt could simply drive their a truck off a cliff or whatever. They aren't worried about (their own) injuries like a trucker would be in the same scenarios, IE plowing through 7 cars because they lost control on a downslope in bad weather.

Lawsuits also lose alot of their power when a human isn't involved, so some of that lost cargo with AI could simply be covered by less legal fees (JM layman's O on this one ofc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a paper published in JAMA Ophthalmology on 9 November1, the authors used GPT-4 — the latest version of the large language model on which ChatGPT runs — paired with Advanced Data Analysis (ADA), a model that incorporates the programming language Python and can perform statistical analysis and create data visualizations. The AI-generated data compared the outcomes of two surgical procedures and indicated — wrongly — that one treatment is better than the other.

“Our aim was to highlight that, in a few minutes, you can create a data set that is not supported by real original data, and it is also opposite or in the other direction compared to the evidence that are available,” says study co-author Giuseppe Giannaccare, an eye surgeon at the University of Cagliari in Italy.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-03635-w

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    en tification of SI by private equity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what took so long?

"We're exploring whether we can responsibly provide the ability to generate NSFW content in age-appropriate contexts through the API and ChatGPT. We look forward to better understanding user and societal expectations of model behavior in this area."
    https://www.theregister.com/2024/05/...ai_model_nsfw/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “There are widespread and serious concerns about ceding life-and-death decisions to sensors and software,” the International Committee of the Red Cross has warned. Autonomous weapons “are an immediate cause of concern and demand an urgent, international political response.”
    https://apnews.com/article/artificia...41cbd6a2753fda

Thread Information