Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why its bad that the mavs fans talk about the possibility when its beside the Nets the (probably) best option for James?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Why its bad that the mavs fans talk about the possibility when its beside the Nets the (probably) best option for James?
    Didn't say it was bad for Mavs fans to talk about it.

Dallas being the best or one of the best options for James is a pretty biased opinion, but if that's what you want to feel, I got no problem with it. I disagree with that, but I don't have a problem if you want to feel that way.

My point was that you discredit the possibility of LeBron going to the Nets when it's as likely as, and personally I think more likely than, LeBron going to the Mavs but you don't talk about how pretty far-fetched that possibility is.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=mogrovejo;4348350]Maybe next season, but I doubt that's going to be LeBron's priority.

The Bulls won 41 games. They had lots of injuries in their key players. They lost 10 games in a row when Noah + Rose were injured. Rose is getting better, Noah still has room to improvement, Gibson was a rookie. Deng is 25 years old, LeBron's age. That's a spectacular core to build a dynasty.

In Dallas, in a couple of seasons he'd be in the same situation he's been in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Mavs would in the 2010 and 2011 championships in all likelihood. Beyond that? 34 YO Dirk will probably still be much better than guys like Jamison/Varejao/Mo/Shaq... maybe Mavs recycle some expiring contracts for younger players with big contracts? Depends on how they use the MLE? Maybe Lebron takes his game to yet another level?

And if the Mavs were somehow to keep Beaubois whilst bringing Lebron in then the Mavs are set for the immediate future AND the long distant future.

Point being, if/when Lebron comes to Dallas, he will probably have a 3-5 year window of contending for les... if not more.

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    a lineup of:

Devin harris - mo williams
    courtney lee - jamario moon
    lebron james - lebron james
    chris bosh - varejao, with an additional $50 million.
    Brook lopez - daddy
    gigo

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    [quote=Ghazi;4348412]
    Maybe next season, but I doubt that's going to be LeBron's priority.

The Bulls won 41 games. They had lots of injuries in their key players. They lost 10 games in a row when Noah + Rose were injured. Rose is getting better, Noah still has room to improvement, Gibson was a rookie. Deng is 25 years old, LeBron's age. That's a spectacular core to build a dynasty.

In Dallas, in a couple of seasons he'd be in the same situation he's been in Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Well, the Mavs would in the 2010 and 2011 championships in all likelihood. Beyond that? 34 YO Dirk will probably still be much better than guys like Jamison/Varejao/Mo/Shaq... maybe Mavs recycle some expiring contracts for younger players with big contracts? Depends on how they use the MLE? Maybe Lebron takes his game to yet another level?

And if the Mavs were somehow to keep Beaubois whilst bringing Lebron in then the Mavs are set for the immediate future AND the long distant future.

Point being, if/when Lebron comes to Dallas, he will probably have a 3-5 year window of contending for les... if not more.

ghazi your team is old, has absolutely NO speed, is not athletic, it has to do a sign and trade and it has NO ING d. Oh and got almost swept by a team that was swept by a team that will probably be swept. How the do you think lebron would even consider your sorry ass franchise?

Lay down what you smokin boy

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's a better question is; Why would LeBron give up this attention? I mean, he is obviously milking it for what its worth or he would've given a definite answer. So, he seems ready for the bright lights of the NYC. I mean, he did say in regards to Cleveland' fans, "We had a great time together." That right there doesn't seem to be an indication that he plans on staying. I don't see him in the wine & gold next year. I would also be surprised to see if he's in Chi-Town as well. I think I'm beginning to get like a Spursfan mentioned earlier, "a tad bit tired of this LeBacle Trade Rumor B.S." Though it is hilarious to see the Mavfan fellatio the out of a pipe dream.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dumb post. Mavs went 55-27 this year. They are a good team that was arguably a few breaks and coaching decisions away from not only winning the 1st round, but possibly advancing to the Finals. You add the best basketball player on the planet to a say... 50 win team then you are flirting with an all time great team.

Mavs suddenly wouldn't be so "slow and old" when they have the specimen known as Lebron on their team.

And I'll take an old and slow 55 win team over an up and coming 70 loss team.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    A lineup of:

Devin harris
    Courtney lee
    Lebron James
    Chris Bosh
    Brook Lopez

that would be deadly. Get that Wade of here. Theres no way all those players + Wade will be able to mesh. With that lineup they have the slashing PG, 3pt SG, Lebron, Bosh, and a center who is deadly in the low post and can get the J.
    Wade would "mesh" just fine. A team with Wade and LeBron would make it work.

Don't think you'd need an elite PF next to Lopez. Get a role-playing PF who can defend and rebound and hit an occasional midrange jumper, and it's fine. Lopez is already a 20-point scorer. You put Bosh next to Lopez, and you relegate Lopez into a 10-12 point scorer. Why do that when he's proven to be a capable of being a 20-point scorer? Now, he'll lose points playing next to LeBron and Wade as well, there's no doubt about that. But, playing next to Bosh, he'll be losing low-post touches. At least with Wade and LeBron, he'll be getting a good number of those low-post touches even if he doesn't ultimately score on them. Plus, he'd be a huge beneficiary of lay-ups and dunks off of LeBron and Wade drives to the basket. Bosh wouldn't create those same type of scoring chances for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People are also disregarding the Lebron BRAND side. Lebron is more than just a basketball player.

Lebron + Jerry Jones + Mark Cuban + Jerryworld =

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Didn't say it was bad for Mavs fans to talk about it.

Dallas being the best or one of the best options for James is a pretty biased opinion, but if that's what you want to feel, I got no problem with it. I disagree with that, but I don't have a problem if you want to feel that way.

My point was that you discredit the possibility of LeBron going to the Nets when it's as likely as, and personally I think more likely than, LeBron going to the Mavs but you don't talk about how pretty far-fetched that possibility is.
    I didnt discredit, i always said Nets and Mavs are the best option for James on the paper. That the Nets look great and young but have that "young unproven" lable.

Banned
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wade would "mesh" just fine. A team with Wade and LeBron would make it work.

Don't think you'd need an elite PF next to Lopez. Get a role-playing PF who can defend and rebound and hit an occasional midrange jumper, and it's fine. Lopez is already a 20-point scorer. You put Bosh next to Lopez, and you relegate Lopez into a 10-12 point scorer. Why do that when he's proven to be a capable of being a 20-point scorer? Now, he'll lose points playing next to LeBron and Wade as well, there's no doubt about that. But, playing next to Bosh, he'll be losing low-post touches. At least with Wade and LeBron, he'll be getting a good number of those low-post touches even if he doesn't ultimately score on them. Plus, he'd be a huge beneficiary of lay-ups and dunks off of LeBron and Wade drives to the basket. Bosh wouldn't create those same type of scoring chances for him.
    jam's right , look at lopez adding some weight during the summer cause he has a good wide frame.... they need another defensive/rebounding big wich they will be able to get quite cheaply to a team that already tanked alot and could have gotten to 30-35 wins with no problem. Add to that lebron and top5 pick AND another max and you've got a real contender built on defense. A very young contender I might add, and a contender not having the salary problems the young teams are going to have this/next year.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I didnt discredit, i always said Nets and Mavs are the best option for James on the paper. That the Nets look great and young but have that "young unproven" lable.
    You discredited the fact that they could find a way to afford two max contract players, when it's more than possible. But, you seem content to believe in the possibility of all the things falling into place for LeBron to land in Dallas.

That's what I was saying.

Say the NBA salary cap is at $58 million next year. The Nets currently have a payroll of about $22 million. That's $36 million in cap space. A max contract starts out at 30% of the cap, which would be a starting salary of $17.4 million. Times two = $34.8 million. The Nets have enough for two max contracts.

Now granted, getting a top 4 pick means adding roughly $4.5-5 million to that payroll. So, if the Nets really want two max contract players (like a LeBron and Wade), then they'd either have to sell that lottery pick or find a way to dump Yi Jianlian without taking back a contract.

Either scenario is as possible if not more possible than Dallas landing LeBron.

That's my point.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Since i guess that will stay the main Lebron thread until July:

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You discredited the fact that they could find a way to afford two max contract players, when it's more than possible. But, you seem content to believe in the possibility of all the things falling into place for LeBron to land in Dallas.

That's what I was saying.

Say the NBA salary cap is at $58 million next year. The Nets currently have a payroll of about $22 million. That's $36 million in cap space. A max contract starts out at 30% of the cap, which would be a starting salary of $17.4 million. Times two = $34.8 million. The Nets have enough for two max contracts.

Now granted, getting a top 4 pick means adding roughly $4.5-5 million to that payroll. So, if the Nets really want two max contract players (like a LeBron and Wade), then they'd either have to sell that lottery pick or find a way to dump Yi Jianlian without taking back a contract.

Either scenario is as possible if not more possible than Dallas landing LeBron.

That's my point.
    Yes, my fault was that i was still doing the maths with 54mio and forgot the scenario to dump the pick or someone for a trade exception.

The Nets are my frontrunner (Roster, Jay-Z, Brooklyn), Mavs are 2nd for me but as a homer im of course pushing the James to Mavs thing

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    [quote=boston.balla;4348416]

ghazi your team is old, has absolutely NO speed, is not athletic, it has to do a sign and trade and it has NO ING d. Oh and got almost swept by a team that was swept by a team that will probably be swept. How the do you think lebron would even consider your sorry ass franchise?

Lay down what you smokin boy
    ok this was fun
    Mavs were swept by Spurs
    who were swept by Suns
    who will most likey be swept by Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lebron to CHI makes no sense. they need shooters, and with all of the inside hustle and bustle on top of the slashing of rose, it'd be REALLY clogged up with lebron.

we'll see though. i know wade and lebron would LOVE to play together.

Veteran
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    [quote=Ghazi;4348412]
    Maybe next season, but I doubt that's going to be LeBron's priority.

Ok, but I hope that once LeBron signs somewhere else you can go and get Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett to put you over the top. Dampier and some other minor asset should do it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    # The New York Times
    May 14, 2010

It’s Not Where James Is Going; It’s Why He Is Losing

By WILLIAM C. RHODEN

Boston

At 12:10 a.m. Friday, LeBron James answered one final question from the news media horde, stood up, slung his knapsack over his shoulder and left the room.

For all practical purposes, it might have been King James’s final act as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. James’s Cavs had been eliminated from the N.B.A. playoffs by the Celtics, 94-85. James played well. He had 27 points, 19 rebounds 10 assists, but also nine of Cleveland’s 22 turnovers.

Now James was standing in the corridor, where he mingled with his other team: family, friends and associates, some of whom may help him decide where to play next season.

One soap opera ends, another begins.

The question between now and July 1 is: Where?

Where will the Chosen One land? Everyone will be in his ear. Everyone has a take on it.

The Celtics’ Kevin Garnett, who had a major role in sending King James on vacation, cautioned the young star about being too loyal. Loyalty, like guilt, can kill. Garnett stayed in Minnesota for 12 seasons and never won a championship.

“Loyalty is something that hurts you at times because you can’t get your youth back,” Garnett said. “I can say that if I can go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I’d have done it a little earlier.”

On the surface there is no wrong answer for James.

“The world is his,” Garnett said. “Whatever he wants it to be.”

There are a mul ude of good options; James’s challenge is to find the great one.

He can begin by asking the right question.

For the moment, the critical question for James is not, Where? Or, What?

The critical question is, Why?

Why was Cleveland ousted once again from the playoffs?

Last season Orlando jettisoned King James and his court in the conference finals. James was so distraught — or miffed — that he left the court without so much as shaking hands with his opponents. In 2008 Cleveland was eliminated by the Celtics in the conference semifinals.

Why? Perhaps it’s the coach. All King James has to do is say the word and Mike Brown will get the royal ax. That may happen without James’s saying a word.

Perhaps it’s the team’s general manager, Danny Ferry. The Cavaliers, as assembled, are not good enough to reach the N.B.A. finals. Without James, they are barely a playoff team.

Why?

What distinguishes this loss from the others is that James lost more than a series: his crown lost some of its luster. A pair of uninspired performances at home against Boston left a bitter taste in the mouths of many loyal Cleveland fans. Was it his injured elbow, or did James simply lose interest? His performance in Game 5 was so detached and uninspired that there was speculation that he wanted to purposely anger Cavaliers fans to make his departure easier. Fans booed after his 15-point performance. On Friday Celtics fans improvised a derisive, “New York Knicks, New York Knicks “ chant when James went to the free throw line.

The crucial question for James right now is not where but why.

Why have things come to this?

“The only thing I can think about right now is the season being over,” James said. “You have expectations going into the postseason and you never can predict the future, but at the same time, you hope for things much brighter than what is going on right now.”

We all eventually learn to rationalize, if not totally understand, failures and disappointments. After Cleveland’s Game 6 loss on Thursday night one member of James court tried to take away the sting.

“A friend of mine told me today after the game that I guess you have to go through a lot of nightmares before you finally accomplish your dream,” James said. “That’s what’s going on individually for myself right now.”

As he walked to his locker room early Friday morning, Celtics Coach Doc Rivers said he had been concerned going into Game 6 that his team might be distracted. Nobody was talking about the game. This series — any series in which James played — would be one part basketball and three parts soap opera. What about James’s coming decision, his elbow, his mood?

“Everybody was talking about, what if we win, what if Cleveland wins, what happens to LeBron,” Rivers said. “I was just very concerned that we were going to start focusing on the ether. You got to win the game. You got to play the game.”

Boston is too experienced a team to be defeated by that kind of distraction. It took Garnett 13 years to win a championship, Ray Allen 12 and Paul Pierce 10.

All three went through a transformation. In 2008 Garnett and Allen joined Pierce in Boston. Rivers asked them to shed their egos. He introduced the concept of Ubuntu, a South African term that loosely means unity: sacrificing personal gain for the good of the whole.

There are so many impediments to achieving unity: vanity, ego. For James, the impediment may be balancing vanity, ego and the quest for silver and gold with selflessness and winning.

“That’s what makes it so intriguing,” Rivers said “We’ll be talking about this until July 1.”

The Celtics won’t be. They will be playing basketball.

We can all get back to basketball now: Celtics-Magic on Sunday; Lakers-Suns on Monday.

LeBron James can answer questions.

After another unhappy ending, the question King James should be asking is not, Where? It’s, Why?

E-mail: [email protected]

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see him play for the Nets, but I still don't see it..I can't imagine him playing in one of the worst places in North America for a few years, since moving to Brooklyn won't happen right now..if it was sooner, I'd absolutely believe it's his 1st option..

BTW, for those including Harris on the potential rosters, it won't happen..Harris isn't a championship-level player, the Nets would be stupid to keep him if Lebron joins..

My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    I would love to see him play for the Nets, but I still don't see it..I can't imagine him playing in one of the worst places in North America for a few years, since moving to Brooklyn won't happen right now..if it was sooner, I'd absolutely believe it's his 1st option..

BTW, for those including Harris on the potential rosters, it won't happen..Harris isn't a championship-level player, the Nets would be stupid to keep him if Lebron joins..
    Nets wouldn't be stupid if they kept Harris, as a Nets fan I say this. He wasn't as good as the season before, but the Nets weren't either and he only had Brook Lopez who was only in his second year, give Harris another like Lebron. And Harris could help the team, though if they get John Wall Nets will most likely trade Harris, but they won't have to panic and move him, his contract is good and not big so does not harm and maybe Wall and Harris would work together if we did draft Wall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is going to Chicago

That's why he is not going to wear # 23 anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Dallas is that Kidd is 37, Dirk will be 32 next season, Marion is 32. I think LeBron has learned the lesson, if he leaves Cleveland it's going to be for a team with young talent in place, a team that can grow up with mean while being good enough to win a le right away. Plus, Dallas doesn't have cap space and I doubt Gilbert will ever allow a S&T with him unless the talent he's getting back blows his mind.

If the Bulls add LeBron, they're good enough to win a le next season. How hard is to build a better supporting cast than the one Cleveland had this season? Not hard at all.
    This ^^^^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb post. Mavs went 55-27 this year. They are a good team that was arguably a few breaks and coaching decisions away from not only winning the 1st round, but possibly advancing to the Finals. You add the best basketball player on the planet to a say... 50 win team then you are flirting with an all time great team.

Mavs suddenly wouldn't be so "slow and old" when they have the specimen known as Lebron on their team.

And I'll take an old and slow 55 win team over an up and coming 70 loss team.
    He's not gonna leave one crap choke city to go to another one...come on now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cuban was allready talking about realizing to play a few games each year in the cowboys stadium. 80000 screaming James kiddies. James as lifetime Cowboy fan can buy his own suit etc.

Well, beside the contender status there are plenty of small reasons why James COULD like the Mavs. Same with the Nets.

Just telling why the Mavs could have a shot getting James (not telling he will come).

And read about the dustchip..
    Buy his own "suit" huh? !

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh noes, im not a native english speaker and forgot the "e". Big thing.

Thread Information