Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delusional.

There's no other word to describe the comparing of Wash and SAC's FOs (and terrible, terrible moves) to those of SanAn's. Simply delusional.

But since you'll clearly disagree, do say which of SA's moves are as comparably bad as Beal's contract or Sac trading Hali away. Maybe you're a Dejounte truther?
    Spurs have made a few mistakes to fall into being the worst team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they haven't. The edgy position is that we should've tanked sooner. Since 2014 its been a pretty slow decline. Thats amazing management. Some people want the spurs to win the league or the lottery every season but thats not reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    81-1 still in play, tbqh
    Wonder how many universe simulations it takes to make this come true...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Wonder how many universe simulations it takes to make this come true..."

Find the one where Putin drops a nuke on the NBA All Star game. Get rid of all the major stars and we know there will be no Spurs there.
    Last edited by elege; 10-20-2022 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K... is exactly right. Even though I'll easily concede the Spurs FO has been far from perfect, suggesting that being the worst team in the league IN A VACUUM == a Kings/Wash level FO, is disingenuous at best, and terribly obtuse at worst. The Spurs aren't a terrible team because they had all the talent in the world, and mismanaged it, or locked themselves into paying Max money for mediocre players (cough Fox, cough Beal); they slowly decayed after a championship and aging-out of their HOF core, went all-in on keeping the fire going under their new superstar (Nephew), and said superstar just so happened to want to get the out of SanAn.

Whatever happened afterwards is just a consequence of that fundamental, fatal flaw. Could they have started tanking sooner? Yes, maybe. But if you understand that the Spurs as an Org have more goals than just "championship or bust" like so many people here like to think (and yes, Pop's record was indubitably one of them), then what's the critique? That they haven't been doing things your way?

Again, call me when they start making SAC/WASH level moves, like both clubs have (once again) ed up their futures and locked up their presents.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, call me when they start making SAC/WASH level moves, like both clubs have (once again) ed up their futures and locked up their presents.
    Primo could be our Stauskas

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the Kawhi trade we are in consideration for the worst front office in the nba tbh...

Spurs are not tanking because they want to...they are tanking because virtually every other team in the nba has passed them by...

It's crazy to think that this entire franchise with all its great players and history and championship no hinges on the future of a player who isn't even on the team yet...

Everything from "spurs traded for demar derozan" until now has been terrible...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the Kawhi trade we are in consideration for the worst front office in the nba tbh...

Spurs are not tanking because they want to...they are tanking because virtually every other team in the nba has passed them by...

It's crazy to think that this entire franchise with all its great players and history and championship no hinges on the future of a player who isn't even on the team yet...

You clearly pride yourself on providing the most less negative spin possible. You go out of your way to needle into post pandering so much so that other malcontents here seems upbeat and interesting.

I don’t consider people like you to be fans and certainly miles away from being analytical in any kind of reasonable sense. There’s absolutely room to be critical and provocative here since we’re right in the middle of a rebuild.

However posters like you are the absolute worst representation of a sports franchise fan base that could possibly exist.

If you tragically killed yourself tomorrow the entire world would be better off for it. Literally no one benefits from your existence including yourself.

I’d rather console ducks over his dead kid than save you from drowning. That’s how bad you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delusional.

There's no other word to describe the comparing of Wash and SAC's FOs (and terrible, terrible moves) to those of SanAn's. Simply delusional.

But since you'll clearly disagree, do say which of SA's moves are as comparably bad as Beal's contract or Sac trading Hali away. Maybe you're a Dejounte truther?
    In the last 5 years we are a distant third.

Spurs are not tanking because they want to... they tanking because virtually every other team in the nba has passed them by...

ing preach. If they could make the play-in this year they absolutely would.

This is an organic bottoming out because PATFO have been fking hopeless in many regards since TD retired.

From failure to adopt 3 pt shooting, to not adopting a player friendly culture for athletes who are making money and SUPER TALENTED, to needless dead cap it’s endless.

Drafting culture and glue guys over talent etc etc.

The only thing we do well outside of social justice is develop players. Thankfully we can be confident we will finally start developing young players who already have a decent base because we are going to be a bottom 5 team for a few years. That is reason to be optimistic.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K... is exactly right. Even though I'll easily concede the Spurs FO has been far from perfect, suggesting that being the worst team in the league IN A VACUUM == a Kings/Wash level FO, is disingenuous at best, and terribly obtuse at worst. The Spurs aren't a terrible team because they had all the talent in the world, and mismanaged it, or locked themselves into paying Max money for mediocre players (cough Fox, cough Beal); they slowly decayed after a championship and aging-out of their HOF core, went all-in on keeping the fire going under their new superstar (Nephew), and said superstar just so happened to want to get the out of SanAn.

Whatever happened afterwards is just a consequence of that fundamental, fatal flaw. Could they have started tanking sooner? Yes, maybe. But if you understand that the Spurs as an Org have more goals than just "championship or bust" like so many people here like to think (and yes, Pop's record was indubitably one of them), then what's the critique? That they haven't been doing things your way?

They mismanaged K Leonard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They mismanaged Leonard's personality. Not his injury.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Robinson and Duncan didn't fall in the Spurs laps they would be no better than Sac and Washington.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Robinson and Duncan didn't fall in the Spurs laps they would be no better than Sac and Washington.
    Spurs wouldn't even be in sa

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't put all the blame on the Kawhi Leonard side, Spurs are responsible also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You clearly pride yourself on providing the most less negative spin possible. You go out of your way to needle into post pandering so much so that other malcontents here seems upbeat and interesting.

I don’t consider people like you to be fans and certainly miles away from being analytical in any kind of reasonable sense. There’s absolutely room to be critical and provocative here since we’re right in the middle of a rebuild.

However posters like you are the absolute worst representation of a sports franchise fan base that could possibly exist.

If you tragically killed yourself tomorrow the entire world would be better off for it. Literally no one benefits from your existence including yourself.

I’d rather console ducks over his dead kid than save you from drowning. That’s how bad you are.
    It's funny because I used to think the same of some of our more negative posters here and was a happy member and founding member of the self-identifying sunshine pumper club. But now I see poopbox's post as 100% rational whether or not I'm fully in agreement. Negativity is not innately a bad thing if what is being analyzed requires a negative critique.

The Spurs are now inarguably in the midst of what could be a potentially existential phase in their franchise history, as unfathomable as that is to believe even 1 year ago. If we miss out on several more picks that will greatly alter our trajectory and run into multiple losing seasons in a row as other teams like the Kings and Orlando have had, I'm not so sure the Spurs survive in San Antonio. That's worthy of negativity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because I used to think the same of some of our more negative posters here and was a happy member and founding member of the self-identifying sunshine pumper club. But now I see poopbox's post as 100% rational whether or not I'm fully in agreement. Negativity is not innately a bad thing if what is being analyzed requires a negative critique.

The Spurs are now inarguably in the midst of what could be a potentially existential phase in their franchise history, as unfathomable as that is to believe even 1 year ago. If we miss out on several more picks that will greatly alter our trajectory and run into multiple losing seasons in a row as other teams like the Kings and Orlando have had, I'm not so sure the Spurs survive in San Antonio. That's worthy of negativity
    No one with any real intelligence believes that the Spurs have missed out on an exorbitant amount of picks. They’ve done well in the draft.

This group seemingly thinks that not turning out all stars with late 1sts somehow equates to drafting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth right here. PATFO had their code and didn’t back down. I can’t fault them in that but there were repercussions; such is life. Did they learn from it? I don’t think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth right here. PATFO had their code and didn’t back down. I can’t fault them in that but there were repercussions; such is life. Did they learn from it? I don’t think so.
    What’s to learn? If you cater to this wits personality you’ll get no games and no production out of him? Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s to learn? If you cater to this wits personality you’ll get no games and no production out of him? Leonard.
    They can learn to manage personalities better, especially till we have a true cornerstone who leads by example.

No one gives AF about Pop anymore. They will patronize him based on his pedigree but they don’t want to actually
    play for him. Why is that? San Antonio is a C level city but it’s not Alaska.

The real reason is Spurs culture needs a shakeup.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At conflating his wanting out with his behavior and pretending the Spurs rigid, archaic ways absolve him of the latter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At conflating his wanting out with his behavior and pretending the Spurs rigid, archaic ways absolve him of the latter.
    Not really what I was arguing. Your step daddy issues and self purported blackness aside, PATFO needs to learn to manage personalities better or atleast not shy away from talented guys who have some (perceived) stink on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one with any real intelligence believes that the Spurs have missed out on an exorbitant amount of picks. They’ve done well in the draft.

This group seemingly thinks that not turning out all stars with late 1sts somehow equates to drafting.
    We've missed enough that if we somehow or another miss on one of the top two players next year, even after a tank job, we are aligning ourselves for a run of bad years. Potentially enough that attendance falls off sufficiently to cause ownership to seek greener pastures.

And you kind of missed my point. It's not so much what we already did miss out on, and there were some misses, it's about what we could potentially miss out on that sets us up for a bad run of luck. Remembering of course that we just lost to another bottom barrel team in this league by nearly 30 at home, in the Pop era with all the advantages thats supposed to bring for player development. We are bad. And its gonna take a superstar or two to bring us out from the doldrums. Bad mojo cooking round this team right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What? Of course we missed out on exorbitant picks. Every other team traded their franchise player for future picks and now have a top lottery pick to build around and we have what courtesy of the Kawhi Leonard trade?

The pelicans traded their franchise player to the lakers...which in turn netted them another franchise player AND now that the lakers are terrible they are in line to get pick swaps that might be lottery picks AGAIN. That's a ing home run.

The houston rockets traded their franchise player and that netted them additional picks, allowed them to bottom out, and get the number 2 pick in the draft. Green at worst is going to be an elite level scorer. I think Sengun is going to be good as well. Homerun. Not a grand slam or a 3 run shot. But they have successfully flipped their franchise player into a younger franchise player and they still got picks coming their way.

OKC? They turned westbrook, chris paul, and paul george trades into owning damn near a 3rd of all 1st round picks over the next few years. It almost doesn't matter if Giddy, SGA, Chet, even pan out cause they have so many more draft picks coming. They flipped there 3 star players for arguably the largest draft haul in nba history. Home ing run. Grand ing slam.

And our front office, who had Kawhi Leonard, the best of the bunch...because if you ask anyone who is the best player out of Kawhi, Old Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, james harden, and paul george, I think it is pretty easily Kawhi...they turned that into Demar Derozan...Jakob Poeltl...and a draft pick that became Keldon Johnson. That's atrocious. That's sheer incompetence. They had the best two way player in the entire ing league and the best they could do was turning it into a playoff choker, a center who can't defend centers or make 65% of his free throws, and a guy who is going to grade out as maybe a really good role player on a playoff team. Beyond bad. And don't give me this "but Kawhi tanked his value it was the best they could do" when Anthony Davis flat out wouldn't play for the pelicans and his father straight up told boston don't trade for him he won't sign there cause they got a kings ransom for him anyway. James Harden just flat out wouldn't practice with the Rockets and then when he played he sabotaged the team so much that players called him out on it and they still got 3 picks and 4 swaps for it. How did those players behave like straight up assholes but the teams still got a ransom for them but our player asks like an asshole and all we can get is Demar ing Derozan? Are you kidding me.

Just this one trade alone is sheer incompetence. It shows that our front office just flat out didn't understand how current nba teams think. All they had to do was just send Kawhi home. Someone was going to get desperate and give up whatever we wanted for him. Just like the lakers got desperate and gave that up for AD who they could have just signed in a year. Just like the Nets got desperate and gave that up even though they already had two all nba players on their team. But not us, because our front office is to pussy to deal with player conflict, so we were stuck watching Derozan sulk around for a few yeas and then leave.

It's not about players turning into all stars. It's about our front office not being smart enough to even give us the chance to draft high end basketball talent that could turn into an all star.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Truth hurts

I know it's hard to come to grips with the fact that your Daddy Gregg with two g's isn't the smartest man on earth...but it's true

If I was you I wouldn't look at some of the other threads on this website where we discussed how Pop absolutely lied with his "we don't tank we don't lose on purpose that is not who we are" and then traded his starting backcourt for almost nothing but picks...cause you'd probably jump out the window having to live with the fact that your sports daddy lies to you just like your real daddy did when he said he loved you

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its only one game but the Hawks crowd and team was pumping on opening night against the Rockets. It looks like DJM is going to help them in areas they have been sorely lacking the last couple years, defense, intangibles, some nasty, bigger playmaker next to Trae etc.

Standing around watching Trae Young dribble dribble dribble and jack up 30 footers can be tiring. Squad seemed a lot more engaged, including John Collins.

Thread Information