Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it a worthwhile idea for the Spurs to do a salary dump for either Anderson (Clippers need a shooting guard)/TJ Ford or both and then try signing a backup point guard through the trade exception of $854xxx odd that the Spurs have because of the George Hill trade?

Maybe sign someone as Tracy McGrady from the Hawks? TMac seems to have tired of the Hawks and he could want to chase some glory with the Spurs and can play some minutes at the point as well.

I am assuming that someone like Diaw will be available after waivers in any case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away NJ

Rick Bonnell ‏ @rick_bonnell

I hear from multiple sources Nets expressed interest in Boris Diaw's expiring contract. The hitch is what #Bobcats would have to take back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay away NJ

Rick Bonnell ‏ @rick_bonnell

I hear from multiple sources Nets expressed interest in Boris Diaw's expiring contract. The hitch is what #Bobcats would have to take back.
    He would be a damn fool to sign with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be a damn fool to sign with them.
    The Nets are interested in trading for him. Not signing him if he's bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah exactly, if he is traded he won't really have a choice where he goes; which is why I'm hoping 2 p.m. passes on March 15th and he isn't traded so at least there is a hope he might choose the Spurs (If he is bought out).

Again I just don't see many reasonable / realistic trade options out there at the PF/C spot that Pop might give minutes to in the playoffs (Diaw has experience). Even if we got a player like JJ Hickson or another young player who would be more suited to develop for the future; I doubt Pop would play them ahead of Bonner or Blair, Diaw at least has a chance at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet the Spurs hold off on anything until they figure out what exactly is happening with Boris. They have to feel pretty confident they can land him with Tony here and our lack of bigmen situation. While he is not a perfect player he is actually the type of big Pop would like to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess Nets would be more interesting in Diaw expiring contract than in the player/ They are pretty much out of the playoff race but they need cap space this summer to get Dwight Howard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amir has three years and $17.6 million remaining on his contract. That's really good value for a 24-year-old bigman with good potential whose only glaring weakness is fouling too much. When it comes to adjusted plus/minus, Amir has been one of the elite role players in the NBA for the last half decade -- so any team that pays attention to that would value him even higher.

If the Raptors wanted to, they could salary dump Amir for nothing ... which would technically be better than also accepting Bonner and JA. They probably could salary dump him and get back a first rounder if they wanted to, tbh.

P.S.

The Spurs look smart now that they were the only team who tried to steal Amir Johnson from the Pistons back in the day. That said, he probably never would have developed on the Spurs because Pop would never play a bigman who fouls as often as Amir.
    Yeah, but with Valaciunas coming over next season and Bargnani and Davis in tow, it doesn't make sense to pay just under $6 million going forward for a guy who'd probably eventually be the fourth big.

It's more likely the Spurs could acquire him in the summer though, after they amnesty Jefferson. Then they'd have enough cap space to offer Blair (along with something minor, such as the rights to De Colo) for Johnson, which would give them a positional replacement and open up significantly more cap space.

That's never stopped Pop from playing Blair, who's a foul machine in his own right. He's not at Johnson's level, but he's not that far off. Splitter fouls quite a bit too.

As far as Carter, trust me when I say, he's done. Like Vaughn '08-'09 done. Probably even more so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/st...29709548720130
    Y! Sources: Whatever the Magic do at trade deadline, Dwight Howard's still determined to sign with the Nets in July. http://tinyurl.com/6ot24tk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he still plays in tomorrows game : /

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Golden State Warriors have agreed in principle to trade guard Monta Ellis and two players to the Milwaukee Bucks for center Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Warriors will send forward Ekpe Udoh and injured center Kwame Brown to the Bucks as part of a package for Bogut, one of the NBA’s most talented – but also often-injured – centers. The deal will be officially completed later on Tuesday night, one executive involved in the trade said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

WoW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson back to the team he wanted to be traded from a while back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ellis, Udoh and Brown for Bogut and Jackson. That's a pretty good trade for both sides. The Bucks need scoring and Ellis can score. Udoh is one of the better young defensive centers in the league. Shedding Jackson's salary is also a plus.

Bogut, if he can get healthy, would be a huge gain for the Warriors ... but that's a question mark obviously.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that Bucks are stacked at guard position we could try and get Beno.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kwame Brown is always part of the compensation for a legitimate big.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tephen_Jackson

Looks like the Warriors are trying to flip Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't shoot the messenger:

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA

The Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz have discussed a Raja Bell trade, according to sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it's come to that, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Golden State Warriors have agreed in principle to trade guard Monta Ellis and two players to the Milwaukee Bucks for center Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Warriors will send forward Ekpe Udoh and injured center Kwame Brown to the Bucks as part of a package for Bogut, one of the NBA’s most talented – but also often-injured – centers. The deal will be officially completed later on Tuesday night, one executive involved in the trade said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

WoW
    Bucks just became the highest scoring team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs recognize the need for an extra big man and, in the wake of TJ Ford's retirement, a backup point guard . . . . "

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...s-trade-front/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it just me or is everything too quiet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the FO will recognize (unlike last year) that our record is fool's gold and actually do something to address the shortcomings of this roster. That is, unless they're happy with a 2nd round exit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stefan Bondy ‏ @NYDNInterNets

Discussions for the Jazz to send Raja Bell to the Clippers for the $3.8 million trade exemption Clips got in Eric Gordon deal. ...

And CJ Miles would go to the Nets for Petro and first rounder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And CJ Miles would go to the Nets for Petro and first rounder
    Great deal for NJ, depending on the 1st round pick's protection.

Thread Information