Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ..than Dad Killer ever did..

What do you guys think of Barkley's comment, tbh?..
    I think Barkley is butthurt that he got his fat ass handed to him by MJ on many occasions in the playoffs and the Finals

He is also pissed that MJ called him a "fat "

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Detroit was irrelevant after 2007.
    They were the standard-bearer of the East at the start of LeBron's career and had a better roster than Cleveland.... LeBron was just that damn good that he beat them pretty much single-handedly in 2007.... they then made it back to the ECF the following year....

Boston had one great season, after that they were just as vulnerable as any other team.
    They made the Finals twice in the Big Three era and were a KG injury away from three trips.... the absolute rigjob in Game 7 was the only thing keeping them from two rings in three years....

Orlando was another midlevel team that had one fluke year, only because LeBron played like a in that series.
    Only LeBron could have a series in which he made a game-winning shot, had a 49-point game, a 37/14/12 game, and averaged 38.5 points on 48.7% shooting, 8.3 rebounds, 8.0 assists, 1.2 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game for the series, with the far inferior supporting cast and coach, and still be told he's "playing like a "
    Last edited by Clipper Nation; 05-15-2014 at 12:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    relatively minimal responsibilities like Dad Killer did, tbh..
    you lost me here... MJ had minimal responsabilities ? minimal really ? I'm ok with less but minimal even relatively is quite stupid

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    CN with the truth bombs!

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They were the standard-bearer of the East at the start of LeBron's career and had a better roster than Cleveland.... LeBron was just that damn good that he beat them pretty much single-handedly in 2007.... they then made it back to the ECF the following year....

They made the Finals twice in the Big Three era and were a KG injury away from three trips.... the absolute rigjob in Game 7 was the only thing keeping them from two rings in three years....

Only LeBron could have a series in which he made a game-winning shot, had a 49-point game, a 37/14/12 game, and averaged 38.5 points on 48.7% shooting, 8.3 rebounds, 8.0 assists, 1.2 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game for the series, with the far inferior supporting cast and coach, and still be told he's "playing like a "
    He hit a lucky ass prayer and then celebrated like he liberated France from the Nazi's, he had a couple monster games that skewed his shooting percentage to hide his 11/28 night and his 8/20 bomb in the elimination game as Orlando curbstomped him.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He hit a lucky ass prayer and then celebrated like he liberated France from the Nazi's, he had a couple monster games that skewed his shooting percentage to hide his 11/28 night and his 8/20 bomb in the elimination game as Orlando curbstomped him.
    QFT.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Was he supposed to put up 50 on 100% shooting every night in order to not "play like a "?

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Who are these superstars in their primes?..
    um what?when was Bosh ever a true superstar??And Wade was a superstar for their first season together, and since then has been injury prone and lazy.
    Wade still musters up superstar performances in the play. So does Bosh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mutombo was 34 years old that season, it wasn't like he was in his prime. The next best player on that Sixers team was freaking Eric Snow. LeBron's Cleveland teams were all quite a bit better than the 2001 Sixers.
    The comparison was the 01 Sixers and the 07 Cavs.

Mutumbo at 34 was still averaging 14/14/3 in the playoffs. Mutumbo >>>>>>> Big Z

Aaron McKie and Larry Hughes was pretty much a wash, as both were mediocre.

Drew Gooden and Tyrone Hill were pretty much a wash.

Snow and Boobie Gibson are pretty much a wash as well.

Pavlovic was a decent shooter but inefficient overall, as was Jumaine Jones. Pavlovic did get more points though but also because he took more shots.

I don't see how the 07 Cavs were "quite a bit" better, outside of Lebron >>> Iverson. The supporting cast of the Cavs offensive stats may have been a bit better (while the Sixers were stronger defensively), but that also could be heavily due to the fact that Lebron was taking 10-15 less FGs a game than Iverson was, and was much better at setting teammates up for easy buckets than Iverson ever was.

Regardless, the initial statement by the batman that was being debated was a stupid comparison to begin with, to knock Lebron for getting swept while Iverson somehow won a game against the 01 Lakers, which everyone knows was a complete fluke to begin with and was pretty much a result of indifference by the Lakers who had swept all 3 previous series in dominating fashion, and knew they were going to dominate this series with ease, considering it was the weakest opponent they would have faced all playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade averaged 15 PPG in last year's playoffs and had net negative on/off metrics..he was one of the worst 2nd options r a le team in modern history, tbh..

Wade was great in 2011 and Lebron choked against the Mavs, but he's been going downhill since, especially last year, where he was pretty terrible for most of the playoffs, on both ends of the floor..

Bosh is better than Wade, he could be a star, but he's severely under-utilized when Wade plays, tbh..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can somewhat see Wade being an argument, although his are far too rare for him to be considered a true superstar. Even crappy players can go off for 30-40 from time to time. Superstars do it on a near nightly basis. Wade does not anymore.

Bosh never was a superstar. He never carried a team deep into the playoffs, or transformed a team into a serious le contender. He only got to the playoffs twice in his 7 years in Toronto and got pounded in the first round each time in what you were complaining earlier was a "weak conference". So how in the is he suddenly a superstar???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do I think about that?..uhm, it's true..
    But, he didn't say he was a better player than Mike, agreed on what he said but Chuck never said a better player. He does alot for his team though nobody can deny that, dude has to carry the team alot of times with Wade hurting our out etc.
    Wade averaged 15 PPG in last year's playoffs and had net negative on/off metrics..he was one of the worst 2nd options r a le team in modern history, tbh..

Wade was great in 2011 and Lebron choked against the Mavs, but he's been going downhill since, especially last year, where he was pretty terrible for most of the playoffs, on both ends of the floor..

Bosh is better than Wade, he could be a star, but he's severely under-utilized when Wade plays, tbh..
    See thats the thing you said there, when he choked in the finals. Mike NEVER choked nor got less than 20 pts in a finals game, his numbers are crazy in the playoffs. Thats what seperates them IMO.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron should be getting to the Finals by default, considering just how weak the EC has been. Honestly only going once with Cleveland is a massive underacheivement.
    He's supposed to beat Boston when his best teammate was Delonte West one series and a choking Mo Williams in the other? Taking those horrible teams to 60+ wins was unreal. Garnett, Olajuwon, Jordan never did that in years they were one man teams.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

Right, people don't realize how good Bosh is because he is underutilized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Barkley is butthurt that he got his fat ass handed to him by MJ on many occasions in the playoffs and the Finals

He is also pissed that MJ called him a "fat "

Quoting myelf

I know it's lame

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's supposed to beat Boston when his best teammate was Delonte West one series and a choking Mo Williams in the other? Taking those horrible teams to 60+ wins was unreal. Garnett, Olajuwon, Jordan never did that in years they were one man teams.
    Jordan ran into these guys

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Jordan ran into these guys

And I believe got swept both times he faced them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh impacts Miami on the defensive end more than the offensive end, which is something people need to take notice of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh is = or < to Ibaka in Miami's system, tbh, one of them just has a bigger name than the other..

It's amazing how far your name can take you with the media/fans..

I'm a big Bosh fan, btw, he's a much more important player than Wade, but he's held back by Wade, and Spo, to a lesser extent..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls without Jordan=still a serious contender with Pippen at the helm

Heat without Lebron=

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was right when he said Portland/Brooklyn were going fishing
    He picked Portland to win this series before it started

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barkley actually has the tiest takes of anybody in the media, tbh, but I just found it interesting that somebody finally pointed out the obvious(Lebron having to carry much more than DK), and it had to be one of DK's close friends(because most people are afraid of him, obviously)..

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Bulls without Jordan=still a serious contender with Pippen at the helm

Heat without Lebron=
    Where were the Bulls before just Jordan? Heat without LeBron could still reach ECF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh is = or < to Ibaka in Miami's system, tbh, one of them just has a bigger name than the other..

It's amazing how far your name can take you with the media/fans..

I'm a big Bosh fan, btw, he's a much more important player than Wade, but he's held back by Wade, and Spo, to a lesser extent..
    Saying bosh is = or < Ibaka is still holding him to a pretty high defensive standard. He's probably the best big man in the NBA against the pick and roll. I'm disappointed in his role in the offense though, just spot up jumpers. What happened to his face up game that gave him a name in Toronto?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade's inability to space the floor relegates Bosh to spot-up shooter, tbh..

Wade's style of play is better suited as a 6th man, where he would be elite..a SG that can't shoot doesn't fit in today's league..

If you have Wade on the floor, he needs to get the touches, he can't play the role of spot-up shooter, but Bosh can, so he has accepted that role..

The Spurs completely dominated the Finals whenever Wade was on the floor, because they were content with allowing him to shoot mid-range Js that don't allow others to get involved..

Thread Information