Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, I think that version of the Spurs package IS inferior to a LAL one. I was suggesting a package built Keldon + #8, a young player (Malaki/Blake), and the CHA FRP. If you have to add they can play with the #35 or the CHI FRP. But, beyond that I get off the bus.

Having 8 and maybe 35, givens them something concrete to along with Keldon and Malaki/Blake.
    Ah, gotcha. If Cleveland likes a player like Knecht, that could make some sense for them. But I don't know that how many other prospects in the top 10 of this particular draft make sense for CLE. Maybe if they are losing Allen, then Clingan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fully expect the 4 1sts for Bridges were lottery protected, but that's still about the same as the Anthony Black + 3 picks expected to be outside the lottery. Seriously, if that's the package they'd take we should just go get Bridges ourselves and use 4 & 8 on two guards.

We'll have to disagree on the LA package. I don't think anyone outside of LA and the Press (but I repeat myself) values Reaves that high right now. I also think that the evaluation undervalues Keldon. Reaves and Keldon are both 6th men types with flaws and good contracts. Hachimura has a little value but not more than they would get by flipping our picks.
    In the Anthony Black proposal, I would just counter that two unprotected FRPs 2 and 4 years away, even if "expected" to be outside of the lottery, will always carry considerably more value than lottery protected picks because they have no upside (and could just become SRPs). So I strongly disagree that 4 lotto protected picks is about the same as Black + 18 + two unprotected FRPs (if that's what the hypothetical proposal is).

I also disagree that Reaves isn't more valuable than Keldon. If both players were on the block and going to be moved, I would comfortably bet money that Reaves would fetch a greater return. I think we overvalue Keldon here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great question. I assume you mean Dejounte now and not the Dejounte we traded (when he was at the peak of his value, not because he's gotten "worse" but because there was still much more to be determined upside a team could bet on. At this point, everyone should know what DJM is).

I'd still say DJM is a more valuable player, and pretty considerably so. His 3ball has come around pretty considerably (.363 last year compared to Devin's .372). I think Dejounte is a lot more multi-dimensional. Their contracts are pretty equal. I could see a team giving up multiple FRPs for DJM this summer, I'm not sure Vassell would pull the same (but he might). I think Vassell is also a much more common archetype. 20pt scorers on bad teams who don't do much defensively should be fairly easy to come by.
    Correct, I'm talking about today's DJ. I also agree with you on value for DJ being a little more than Devin, but I do think it's close. It makes me wonder if a Devin + a couple 2nds for DJ might be in everyone's best interest. Atlanta could pretend like they didn't get fleeced by getting less in draft picks than when they acquired DJ. A Trae/Devin pairing is better for them. Taking DJ back solves our PG issue and let's us draft Sheppard, who I think is perfect beside DJ and could possibly be a longer term replacement if his PG skills translate. We could use the other picks in a myriad of ways from simply taking a wing (Matas/Williams/Holland/Knecht) or trade it for a player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the Anthony Black proposal, I would just counter that two unprotected FRPs 2 and 4 years away, even if "expected" to be outside of the lottery, will always carry considerably more value than lottery protected picks because they have no upside (and could just become SRPs). So I strongly disagree that 4 lotto protected picks is about the same as Black + 18 + two unprotected FRPs (if that's what the hypothetical proposal is).

I also disagree that Reaves isn't more valuable than Keldon. If both players were on the block and going to be moved, I would comfortably bet money that Reaves would fetch a greater return. I think we overvalue Keldon here.
    Maybe... who's giving the unprotected 1sts? If it's Orlando then you're probably right, but I seriously doubt they give 2 unprotected 1st's in that package.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. Reaves is a significantly better creator for himself and others and an efficient three level scorer.

Johnson is mostly empty calories and a player without a defined role.

In most of these hypotheticals, I think the opposing team would be fine taking him, but I wouldn't mistake that with them valuing him a great deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look at it as % of the cap. Devin, at his high salary, will be 20% of the Spurs cap and that will go down between (1) the structure of his deal, and (2) the new cable deal.

Next year, Garland would be about 25% of the cap. Also will go down with new deal (modestly).

Then factor in that we’re still in Vic’s cheap years, and the fact that most of the current roster wont be on this team anyway
    True about the % of the cap, but Devin + Garland money would keep you from getting a second max slot as long as both are on the team. You'd have to trade one to open that money up. Vs Devin + rookie contract point guard money is pretty easily moveable in any trade.

I feel like if the spurs trade for Garland they are locked into that contract for 3 years, and it takes them out of the running for any other star player unless that teams wants Garland (probably not) or Devin (maybe, but this situation only exist because they don't want Garland). I think a top 5 pick point guard on a rookie deal is going to have more value across the league than garland at 40 million will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I'd do it since it might help out a probable future rival but:

Denver:
    '26 pick swap
    Jones
    Branham
    Graham and/or Collins

Spurs:
    MPJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Denver:
    '26 pick swap
    Jones
    Branham
    Graham and/or Collins

Spurs:
    MPJ
    MPJ is the most selfish player on their squad,had two back surgeries before age 23, and is not clutch. There is a clip on YouTube for Victor’s 17 points in 3 minutes,uncut. The uncredited star was MPJ, clanking 3 pointer after 3 pointer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MPJ is the most selfish player on their squad,had two back surgeries before age 23, and is not clutch. There is a clip on YouTube for Victor’s 17 points in 3 minutes,uncut. The uncredited star was MPJ, clanking 3 pointer after 3 pointer.
    A number 4 and a hawks swap for mpj is the dumbest take ive seen so far

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and 8 to Charlotte for 6 and lightening the protections in the 2025 1st round pick to top 8 protected.

If it doesn't convey then top 8 protected first in '26. If not '26, then top 8 protected in 27. If not 27, then two second-round picks in 28 and 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon and 8 to Charlotte for 6 and lightening the protections in the 2025 1st round pick to top 8 protected.

If it doesn't convey then top 8 protected first in '26. If not '26, then top 8 protected in 27. If not 27, then two second-round picks in 28 and 29.
    You want us to move up, and for Charlotte to pay US to move down? That’s an interesting, if unrealistic take.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want us to move up, and for Charlotte to pay US to move down? That’s an interesting, if unrealistic take.
    If you ignore Keldon, who could immediately start for them and be a fitting piece around Brandon Melo and Mark, sure.

Maybe you're right and Keldon at 24 yrs old isn't worth moving down two spots in this draft and moving the protections from 14 to 8 in for next years draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs bide time and pick up a rotation piece for a year by acquiring Bruce Brown from the Raptors for a couple future second round picks?

Not the sexy trade for a full-time PG, but is a nice veteran on an expiring that could be moved at the deadline if needed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Denver:
    '26 pick swap
    Jones
    Branham
    Graham and/or Collins

Spurs:
    MPJ
    I doubt Porter Jr. will be the sacrificial lamb to cure their tax/depth issues, it'll probably be Caldwell-Pope (if they can convince Gary Harris to return for the taxpayer MLE of $5.1M), maybe packaging draft capital to get a team with cap space to take Nnaji or possibly Jackson and then seeing if they can sign some ring chasers to the veteran's minimum.

Also, they were last in 3-point attempts and this trade obviously wouldn't address that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Spurs bide time and pick up a rotation piece for a year by acquiring Bruce Brown from the Raptors for a couple future second round picks?

Not the sexy trade for a full-time PG, but is a nice veteran on an expiring that could be moved at the deadline if needed

Don't think second round picks are going to get you Bruce Brown. If it does Spurs should be all over it though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I think we should be shopping Keldon and 8 for Ingram if possible. Seems he is on his way out and I don't know if the Pelicans are going to get more than a bench scorer and a top 10 pick for him. Almost every team that needs a wing scorer has a wing scorer other than the Spurs, Pistons, and Wizards. I'd toss in the Bulls and/or Hornets fake 1st as well. Don't think those picks are going to turn into anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Cavaliers supposedly confident in Mitc re-signing, if the Spurs select Castle at 4 . . .

To Cavaliers: Johnson, Jones, 8, 35, Bulls '25 1st

To Spurs: Garland, 20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Cavaliers supposedly confident in Mitc re-signing, if the Spurs select Castle at 4 . . .

That's about as far as I would be willing to go to aquire him. Although it would have to be a 3-team deal since the Cavs want players, not picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m here for it. Thought I was the only one here on Garland island :-)

Would like to keep Jones if possible (send back OH native Malaki instead) but I wouldn’t hold a deal up for that. Toss in that CHA pick for their press release can say they got 3 FRPs for Garland.

Garland
    Vassell
    Vet/25 FRP placeholder
    Sochan
    Wemby

Key Reserves
    - Castle
    - Collins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's about as far as I would be willing to go to aquire him. Although it would have to be a 3-team deal since the Cavs want players, not picks.
    To Cavaliers: Ingram, Jones, 21, 35, Bulls '25 1st

To Pelicans: Allen, Johnson, 8

I’m here for it. Thought I was the only one here on Garland island :-)

Would like to keep Jones if possible (send back OH native Malaki instead) but I wouldn’t hold a deal up for that. Toss in that CHA pick for their press release can say they got 3 FRPs for Garland.

Garland
    Vassell
    Vet/25 FRP placeholder
    Sochan
    Wemby

Key Reserves
    - Castle
    - Collins

I'm on a different island called make sense of the roster if Castle is selected, hence Jones' inclusion who'd double as a nice fit for the Cavaliers.

Sign either Caleb Martin or Naji Marshall to be the placeholder starting SF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not a big Garland fan, but I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. That 20th pick will have real value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy that. There is some addition by subtraction potential, plus they would be a good Kencht fit with 8 to address their wing issues (on top of adding Keldon and Malaki). Say nothing of the fact that they emptied the coffers to land Mitc and may like to replenish some of that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm on a different island called make sense of the roster if Castle is selected, hence Jones' inclusion who'd double as a nice fit for the Cavaliers.

That iteration is more realistic and gets it done. I can't see anyone balking at that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, I just like Tre personally, but as I said I wouldn’t kill such a deal over him though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That iteration is more realistic and gets it done. I can't see anyone balking at that.
    The Cavaliers could also just keep 20 and the Spurs could receive 21.

The Pelicans might balk since they probably prefer to turn Ingram into Murray or maybe Young or Garland although in the case of the latter two they'd probably have to find a taker for McCollum in conjunction.

Thread Information