Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Just because we screwed the hawks over when they were desperate, doesn't mean we should let them screw us back with a trade like that. DJ didn't improve the hawks that much to warrant that much in trade value. Sure they got lucky with the #1 pick, but we also got lucky with two picks. Lets not ruin our good luck by making a bad trade that probably won't move the needle that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Just because we screwed the hawks over when they were desperate, doesn't mean we should let them screw us back with a trade like that. DJ didn't improve the hawks that much to warrant that much in trade value. Sure they got lucky with the #1 pick, but we also got lucky with two picks. Lets not ruin our good luck by making a bad trade that probably won't move the needle that much.
    How this trade let them screw us? You giving up in this trade Collins and a draft pick that without this trade probably ends up outside the lottery...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, tbh this would be a steal for the Spurs. Only giving up Collins and one FRP? In fact, seems overly favorable towards the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donny Mitc shooting down the media reports he was disgruntled.

Donovan Mitc responds to report about frustration with teammates (msn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see that argument, but then you still have to pay to replace Keldon (if we took two wings, Matas and Holland, for example, then I think this concern is extinguished and I'm good at SF). Collins can easily replaced by someone making less than $5mm/yr. If Bassey could stay healthy I think he'd actually be an upgrade over Collins, but I digress.

Man, I just hate the idea of building around Garland (who we'll have locked up for 4 years at 25% of the cap).
    I hope for his sake and the Spurs sake Bassey gets to play a full season for us. Assuming he's healthy and not diminished by his back to back injuries, his skillset is easily the best for bigs on the team (aside from Wemby). And I don't say that as someone that knew any different about him until I watched several of his games in Austin. He was at times unstoppable and made his defenders look pedestrian. He's quick, fast, got soft touch and a very solid midrange. Can also hit the 3. Good to really good defender. He along with Barlow provide a really nice group of bigs. And if we keep Sandro, he's a really good option at small ball 5 when not playing a 4. Bassey though should be our first option if he's actually healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham's numbers at Kentucky were better than Maxey's when he was there.

The amount of crap hes getting for being his size is insane.
    I think his speed and athleticism are off the charts. My only issue with him is that he's a traffic cone defensively. Can he become a good defenders? Sure but that's a rarity to be awful and then become even serviceable. And the one thing that's absolutely killed this team over the last several years more than any other thing, and that's been my biggest , is having undersized poor defenders. Length can sometimes make up for poor defense. But having for instance Branham playing the 3, Keldon at the 4, going back to Bryn at point, etc. has 100% contributed to having historically horrendous defenses the last several years. And this cat is 6'1" and would be playing people like Murray and Haliburton. They'd abuse him. I'm just afraid to draft him at 4 is all I'm saying. Would much rather have Buzelis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another Murray one . . .

To Hawks: Graham, 4, '26 Hawks 1st
    To Spurs: Murray

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    translation: I don’t want to play for trash DET and the Knicks dont want me, so give me muh money now. Well do this dance against next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How this trade let them screw us? You giving up in this trade Collins and a draft pick that without this trade probably ends up outside the lottery...
    We get 1 somewhat disgruntled player
    OKC gets a #1 pick and a serviceable forward
    Atlanta gets 2 decent players and 3 first round picks

Murray didn't make our team better than .500 and he didn't make Atlanta better than .500 even with the talent they had - that's one of the reasons why they are trying to trade him. Look, if Murray is that valuable, then let another team give Atlanta that many picks and players. Murray is a decent player, but not an all star. We can do better trades. Just not that one. By the way , we have no clue where our picks will end up, just ask Atlanta. They thought they were getting like the 10th pick and they ended up winning the whole thing. We've been fairly lucky with our picks, lets not give them up without some real value in return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another Murray one . . .

To Hawks: Graham, 4, '26 Hawks 1st
    To Spurs: Murray
    I'm probably doing that deal. It would come down to who I expect to be available at 8. Sheppard would pair very nicely with Murray in certain lineups and he'd be my target. I'd also still like another wing from a Risacher, Buzelis, Salaun, Holland grouping. So maybe Keldon + one other asset to get another top 11 pick to make that happen would round things out pretty nicely. Charlotte, Detroit, or Portland would be targets in that scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get 1 somewhat disgruntled player
    OKC gets a #1 pick and a serviceable forward
    Atlanta gets 2 decent players and 3 first round picks

Murray didn't make our team better than .500 and he didn't make Atlanta better than .500 even with the talent they had - that's one of the reasons why they are trying to trade him. Look, if Murray is that valuable, then let another team give Atlanta that many picks and players. Murray is a decent player, but not an all star. We can do better trades. Just not that one. By the way , we have no clue where our picks will end up, just ask Atlanta. They thought they were getting like the 10th pick and they ended up winning the whole thing. We've been fairly lucky with our picks, lets not give them up without some real value in return.
    Murray is still better to have than Collins and a future pick that probably ends up not lottery as Atlanta used to getting to the playoffs and will try even harder making the playoffs knowing they don't have their pick

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would much rather have Murray than Trae but I wouldn't break the bank for Murray either. The above mentioned trade would be OK it might even be a bit much. That 26 Hawks unprotected might be fire. I might make it Graham 8 and 26 Hawks or Graham 4 and the Spurs choice of a first round pick in 26, we probably have three different ones so we can keep the best out of whatever picks we have in 26.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they going to crawl out of the lottery? There is no player in this draft that will make them better next year, and Trae probably checks out if they don’t trade him after all of the rumors that were floated. I can see many scenarios where they’re worse than this year, even without trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Charlotte signs him to a long term deal. Him and Miller were their best players last year. They have already taken the PR hit. It will be on a team-friendly deal and everyone will ignore the elephant in the room. And if they start winning fans will discuss how he has been rehabilitated.
    John Hollinger had a great line in an article on The Athletic site where he said Charlotte has a LeMelaphant in the room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they going to crawl out of the lottery? There is no player in this draft that will make them better next year, and Trae probably checks out if they don’t trade him after all of the rumors that were floated. I can see many scenarios where they’re worse than this year, even without trying.
    This year was a very injuerd plug year for them, it was not the ordinary for them not making the playoffs, if they don't do this trade with us getting back their pick and going for rebuild, they might elect the other way using the #1 pick in a trade for proven player

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm imagine a draft day trade:
    Spurs get: Dejunte Murray
    Thunder get: 2014 #1 pick - Sarr(to form scary Chat-Sarr frontcourt), Bogdan Bogdanovic
    Hawks get: Josh Giddy, Zach Collins, Spurs 2015 first round pick via Atlanta, two Thunder future first round picks

pretty ing creative that Andrew Wiggins and Cady Lalanne are worked into your trade!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm probably doing that deal. It would come down to who I expect to be available at 8. Sheppard would pair very nicely with Murray in certain lineups and he'd be my target. I'd also still like another wing from a Risacher, Buzelis, Salaun, Holland grouping. So maybe Keldon + one other asset to get another top 11 pick to make that happen would round things out pretty nicely. Charlotte, Detroit, or Portland would be targets in that scenario.
    If they take Collins instead of Graham im cool with it. The 26 pick is just a swap, so SA still has their own pick in 26 there so not too big of a loss (potentially unless ATL implodes which is possible).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty ing creative that Andrew Wiggins and Cady Lalanne are worked into your trade!

Actually, that would be Mulitinov, meaning we’d have to get Toronto into the trade, since he was flipped in the Jakob return trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Eric Zhang guy, as someone pointed out, only has like 40 followers on Twitter. So he's either the most low key insider ever, or just some random account not worth paying too much attention to.
    I would not be so sure tbh….perhaps IMVHO due to nothing in particular and no need to ask any further questions it could be a burner…..

Let’s say theres a reason why some posters are suggesting Keldon deals IMVHO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the one to keep an eye on IMVHO:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s funny friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's possible this guy is someone in Keldon's inner circle with a burner, but I am extremely skeptical that "Eric Zhang" is a real person with any kind of NBA sources/connections/credibility. There is literally no trace of this guy anywhere other than this Twitter account, who has gone from 40 followers to 250 by posting about the Spurs. And a disproportionate amount of his content is about the Spurs, which is odd.

I found this tweet of his funny:

The cynic in me says that this is just a dude that realizes that #SpursTwitter is one of the most easily baited communities on NBA twitter and this is how to build up a follower base.

On the other hand... it does appear that he called the DJM deal a few days before WOJ and Shams. The tweet below was sent two days before Woj and Shams confirmed the deal to Atlanta. However, it's not like the deal came out of nowhere, there were lots of speculation of DJM being traded for a few weeks around that time, so this could have just been a lucky random tweet. Who knows.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s funny friend
    Keldon wouldn't have any say in being traded, for one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s funny friend
    As discussed elsewhere on this forum, he is a BS source.

Thread Information