Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would take him.

That "not who we are" crap is only for the fans who are there to be lectured

They let Primo repeatedly offend and picked up his option until he was allegedly getting in trouble in Minnesota outside of organizational ability to silence

They tolerated drunk drivers who put lives at risk with no consequence

They signed Gary Neal

They brought back Stephen Jackson who fired a gun in public

They brought back Vernon Maxwell who had serious off court issues from what I remember

If any fans booed Giddey then Pop would just lecture them like he did the other night or admonish them in the media like he did in defense of Kobe when he was on trial

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way Spurs sign Giddey. Primo mess was hard enough to clean up. You can’t fix a guy like Giddey if what is alleged is true. Liability alone is a reason not to sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely forgot about Neal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunk it? Spurs missing layups. Manu is turning over in retirement. I can’t think of a time that Parker/Manu didn’t score on a fast break.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby has to catch that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, what's the problem with Giddey, having consentual sex with a 16 year old? Isn't he barely an adult himself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would take him.

That "not who we are" crap is only for the fans who are there to be lectured

They let Primo repeatedly offend and picked up his option until he was allegedly getting in trouble in Minnesota outside of organizational ability to silence

They tolerated drunk drivers who put lives at risk with no consequence

They signed Gary Neal

They brought back Stephen Jackson who fired a gun in public

They brought back Vernon Maxwell who had serious off court issues from what I remember

If any fans booed Giddey then Pop would just lecture them like he did the other night or admonish them in the media like he did in defense of Kobe when he was on trial
    Less than 0% chance they'd ever touch Giddey after the Primo incident

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, what's the problem with Giddey, having consentual sex with a 16 year old? Isn't he barely an adult himself?
    Would be illegal in most of the US. Not in Oklahoma though unless she's 15 or younger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sex bit is moot. Giddey has too much basketball talent for the Spurs to want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. My favorite player is Jokic and I criticized Perkins for his own racial bias last season (I believe his rant played a part, subconsciously, in Jokic easing off the accelerator and white media being reluctant to vote for him too).

If you follow enough of the discourse or are able to read between the lines, you'd know what I'm talking about . . . or you can continue to be an ignorant middle aged - old white guy (or whitewashed), who pretends it doesn't exist.

It’s funny how you seem so convinced to be aware of a weird truth. Keep being paranoid and seeing evil everywhere. Too bad…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be illegal in most of the US. Not in Oklahoma though unless she's 15 or younger.
    Would be legal in most of the World except in most of the US. When Giddey is 30 the girl would be 25. I really don't know what the huge deal is about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the US, age of consent is 18 for most laws except drinking. It’s a general public opinion that most kids under the age of 18 don’t have the maturity to make certain decisions that could impact them down the road. You can’t sign up for war, buy cigarettes, enter into a contract, etc. A minor is seen as more easily manipulated by an adult and so we legally protect minors. Sometimes that leads to absurd results, but the preference is an absurd result in the interest of protecting minors. Some states can change the age of 18, but the concept is the same for any age chosen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how you seem so convinced to be aware of a weird truth. Keep being paranoid and seeing evil everywhere. Too bad…
    You're a fool if you think black athletes (executives/coaches too) aren't treated differently than their white counterparts.

Keep not listening to people who'd have a better grasp of this than yourself and being close minded though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happened in California .... age of consent there is 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When something is legal in some parts and ilegal in others, it really shouldn't be some career changing issue, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When something is legal in some parts and ilegal in others, it really shouldn't be some career changing issue, tbh.
    Try bringing edibles into TX. It’s a felony, but I’m sure they'll let you go when you explain it to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be legal in most of the World except in most of the US. When Giddey is 30 the girl would be 25. I really don't know what the huge deal is about.
    Curious what your preference for legal age of consent should be.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happened in California .... age of consent there is 18.
    Did something happen? Everyone keeps talking about this like there was an incident. The only reason the NBA is investigating is because of the wild speculation on the internet.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try bringing edibles into TX. It’s a felony, but I’m sure they'll let you go when you explain it to them.
    Britney Griner has left the chat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curious what your preference for legal age of consent should be.
    It's not a matter of what my preference is. When something is legal in a state and ilegal in another, it really isn't a job losing offense. This isn't Primo flashing broads within the organization.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-25-2023 at 07:44 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only legally, but reputationally, white NBA media will largely excuse this . . . while continuing to act like Harden slaughtered people for frequenting strip clubs.
    Malone got away with much worse(impregnating a 13 year old when he was 20). Had a long career with no controversy from the media(outside of being rightfully labeled a dirty player), Hall of Fame induction in 2010, statue in Utah, and another statue erected just this year in Louisiana at his college. Billups got away with rape in 1997 when he was a rookie and it never caught up to him. The world has largely forgotten Kobe being a rapist and there are active social media campaigns against writers that bring this fact up. Miles Bridges beat his wife and kids to the point where his wife had bone fractures and a concussion. He's been welcomed back into the NBA this year.

If Giddey gets away with his crimes, it won't be because he's white but because the NBA refuses to ban players that hold value on a basketball court.
    Last edited by Kurgan; 11-25-2023 at 08:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a matter of what my preference is. When something is legal in a state and ilegal in another, it really isn't a job losing offense. This isn't Primo flashing broads within the organization.
    It clearly is a job losing offense if it causes him to do time for statuory rape in California if you want to hide behind what's legal and illegal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol bought time we had a pro pedo poster here. I believe the nba may care more about publicity than morality, but bridges got a lengthy 30 game suspension and i assume giddey gets similar

Dont compare men who denied wrongdoing (ronaldo, kobe) with cases of admission and independent proof. Also dont compare pre social media pre me-too cases.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol bought time we had a pro pedo poster here.
    Projecting much? Nothing in my post was defending Giddey while there are actual posters in this thread that are normalizing his behavior and want to sign him. I think he should be banned from the league(along with all the other players I listed in my post).

I believe the nba may care more about publicity than morality, but bridges got a lengthy 30 game suspension and i assume giddey gets similar

Dont compare men who denied wrongdoing (ronaldo, kobe) with cases of admission and independent proof.
    Kobe is a rapist. He admitted to sexual assault in the police report and later commented that she wasn't consenting during the encounter in an apology letter. Also settled an undisclosed amount of money during the case.

Never thought I would see someone on spurstalk defending rapists and sexual predators but here we are. Then again, you were also a Primo fan so it's not surprising you're a degenerate.

Also dont compare pre social media pre me-too cases.
    There's no difference. The players were getting away with the crimes pre me-too. They're still getting away with the crimes post me-too. Bridges missed less games than guys that violate drug policy which proves that the NBA doesn't give a what they do off the court as long as it doesn't mess with the product on the court.

Giddey's fate will be determined by the police. If the authorities decide there's not enough there to take action, the NBA will give him a slap on the wrist like they did with Bridges.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Giddey gets away with his crimes, it won't be because he's white but because the NBA refuses to ban players that hold value on a basketball court.
    Agreed, but I said "reputationally, white NBA media will largely excuse this" . . . which doesn't have anything to do with what you said.

Thread Information