Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really liked the bronze scene. I was curious how they would depict it and it didn't disappoint.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    It's only one episode and perhaps they did such a good job that it made me biased, but I preferred both younger actresses of Rhaenyra and Alicent to the decade later actresses.

The younger Rhaenyra actress in particular had a very intriguing potentially evil side developing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I'd tend to agree with the younger Rhaenyra actress. I thought the older Alicent actually did an excellent job. Also, lol at Daemon not aging a day and Viserys loooking like death, yea I know Viserys is literally dying. But, still amusing that Daemon basically looks the same age as Rhaenrya now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Last nights episode was by far the worst in the series. You had to suspend belief for a lot of it to work. The characters had to be made morons for it to work as well. The biggest issue was Alicent taking a knife to the heir. I’m sorry, you do that in any monarchy in history or GoT world your executed or at least imprisoned for life.

I am curious what they are going to do with Laenor though, since he actually died in the books. I’ll still keep watching as it’s been good so far. But, it seems they may be going down the doing the most for shock value trail that later seasons of game of thrones did

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Last nights episode was by far the worst in the series. You had to suspend belief for a lot of it to work. The characters had to be made morons for it to work as well. The biggest issue was Alicent taking a knife to the heir. I’m sorry, you do that in any monarchy in history or GoT world your executed or at least imprisoned for life.

I am curious what they are going to do with Laenor though, since he actually died in the books. I’ll still keep watching as it’s been good so far. But, it seems they may be going down the doing the most for shock value trail that later seasons of game of thrones did
    Viserys is weak af. Any other monarch would've made Alicent pay a heavy price for her actions. Of course, it also goes without saying that a stronger monarch/father would've tried harder to rein in Rhaenyra.

Idk how they're gonna convince Seasmoke that Laenor is dead. Cuz he definitely gets a new rider. Maybe have Laenor be a casualty of a Hurricane Ian during his voyage or have him die in the free city conflict across the narrow sea.

Also, they prolly jumped the gun on the wedding. Should've at least waited until the next episode or something. Unless I missed a mid-episode time skip.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I feel show viserys is weaker than book viserys. But, I feel they aren’t giving him enough credit regardless. Even someone weaker like him would take action against someone that attacked hi daughter the heir. Alas

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    That was ing awesome. Sucks that Corlys has to die off screen but I was pretty happy with everything else.

Paddy and Matt Smith are ing killing it. This show gonna clean up at the Emmys, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was ing awesome. Sucks that Corlys has to die off screen but I was pretty happy with everything else.

Paddy and Matt Smith are ing killing it. This show gonna clean up at the Emmys, tbh.
    Viserys waits until he's literally on death's door to grow a pair. Him walking into the thrown room to take care of business was an amazing scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals

Paddy and Matt Smith definitely the two stand outs from an acting perspective. I mean….did they ever confirm he was dead though tbh? He’s pretty important in the later stages of the book. They could make him have a Miraculous recovery

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Paddy and Matt Smith definitely the two stand outs from an acting perspective. I mean….did they ever confirm he was dead though tbh? He’s pretty important in the later stages of the book. They could make him have a Miraculous recovery
    I don't watch the after show special, so I'm not sure if they explicitly mention anything during that.

But it sure sounded like he stopped breathing after, presumably, thinking of Aemma one final time.

And it appears that his job is done on the show. He publicly reaffirmed his support of Rhaenyra, then later confused Alicent into thinking her Aegon is the Chose One. Perfect time for him to peace out and enjoy the chaos

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Corlys isn't dead. He just suffered an injury off screen. He will play a major role next season. I don't like that Daemon killed his brother though, in the books, they had their tongues removed, which is what should have happened here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't watch the after show special, so I'm not sure if they explicitly mention anything during that.

But it sure sounded like he stopped breathing after, presumably, thinking of Aemma one final time.

And it appears that his job is done on the show. He publicly reaffirmed his support of Rhaenyra, then later confused Alicent into thinking her Aegon is the Chose One. Perfect time for him to peace out and enjoy the chaos
    I misunderstood. The King definitely died in episode 8.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So....Rhaenyra isn't gonna be queen is she

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    So....Rhaenyra isn't gonna be queen is she
    You want the spoilers big dog?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I don't know how. They flew through the first 20 years in a season. I think the actual dance is like 2 years.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You want the spoilers big dog?
    Nah I kinda have an idea based on some of the comments in made in GOT that she's probably going to be eaten by her brothers dragon

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I don't know how. They flew through the first 20 years in a season. I think the actual dance is like 2 years.
    Yup. There's enough here to make it 3 more seasons. And GRRM will be hands-on regarding helping with the script. I have faith they can pull this off.

Use the next 2.5~ seasons for the Dance then use later parts of 4th season for the Hour of the Wolf.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yup. There's enough here to make it 3 more seasons. And GRRM will be hands-on regarding helping with the script. I have faith they can pull this off.

Use the next 2.5~ seasons for the Dance then use later parts of 4th season for the Hour of the Wolf.
    HBO will do whatever GRRM wants, so that's probably what will happen.

But with how fast things were progressing early on, I kind of thought that House of the Dragon would be treated as more of an anthology series. Maybe dedicating a couple seasons each to the Dance, Aegon's conquest, the Blackfyre rebellions, etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I'd definitely wager that we will see all of those event played out on screen at some point. HBO gonna milk every penny out of this universe.

There are even rumors of other smaller spin offs like Sea Snake's 9 great voyages.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    HBO will do whatever GRRM wants, so that's probably what will happen.

But with how fast things were progressing early on, I kind of thought that House of the Dragon would be treated as more of an anthology series. Maybe dedicating a couple seasons each to the Dance, Aegon's conquest, the Blackfyre rebellions, etc
    Aegons conquest would be cool. Also a prequel series that is roberts rebellion would be fun. They need to wait for GRRM to finish F&B 2 before that happens though.

supposedly the show creators wanted to jump right into the dance, but George insisted that they needed to have the setup before hand. Probably why this felt so rushed. Definitely could have split it into 2 seasons imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    the Greens, tbh.

I genuinely don't get the people who are rooting for these s.

I get that Daemon and Rheaenyra are no saints, but same is true of the Greens. Then there's the fact that they have no legal leg to stand on, just straight up usurpers.

Can't wait for the finale. It does suck that we will likely have to wait ~18 months for the next season.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    I was pretty annoyed that they gave Alicent the out in the last episode with Visery’s rambling. Given she heard what she wanted to hear and was going to move forward with aegon anyway. Was just annoyed they gave her that out though. Also, the moment with Rhaenys at the end was pretty dope. Although I feel realistically she would have/should have killed all of those s then and there and ended the entire thing.

but yea, the greens are s . I’ll never get book fans that root for them either. Like you said, Daemon and Rhaenrya have their issues. But, they are nowhere near as bad as the greens

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who is rooting for the Greens tbh? I've not read Fire and Blood, but the show is pretty heavy-handed in Black favoritism (even when Daemon does some pretty di able ). If for no other reason, Otto is basically the main antagonist of season 1.

Thread Information