My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. Hawks never do this but spurs fans say no �� haha

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Atlanta ditching one of their young players for # 11, and working DeRozan into the deal to give the Spurs a giant trade exception as the price to get the deal done instead of signing DeRozan straight up

But I don't think Reddish would be that player. And I don't think for a second that Atlanta would give up # 6, that just doesn't make sense.

However, if Atlanta was willing, I think it would be fine.

The guy I want at 11 the most, Williams, likely won't be there anyway, and Reddish is quite promising with good size.

Still, seems bogus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me a homer, but despite what I read by a lot of posters above I see the proposed deal as too much favorable for GS and Atl.
    One thing we have to consider is we are in the best position regarding market interests because, on the contrary of GS (that needs pieces to win immediately in a max 2/3 years window) and ATL (who needs reliable veterans to finally taste the play offs again) our only goal is to develop young players...and we still have a ton of them (so we can, with maximum serenity, face next season with all our vets just waiting for their contracts to end and free cap space).
    That's the time to exploit the obvious market advantage in terms of others teams needs.

The idea of a K. Love trade for GS is imho just a smoke screen...for the reasons that simply his defense is nowhere near what LMA can offer and plus his contract is terrible while, on the contrary, LMA's one is ending and can be re negotiate at a reasonable price (why should't LMA do it when he goes to a still winning/ le contending environment ?). LMA for them is the best option by far, and I'm sure that this perspective can convince him to renounce to his trade kicker...with him and Green the GS interior defense will be back at a full power at least for next season.
    Plus GS needs to limitate the amount of the tax...downloading not only Wiggins contract (that's necessary just for trading purposes) but also the n° 2 pick (because a young rookie player in this moment isn't worth for them the price of 10 millions for the salary plus the tax amount of the repeated offenders).

In conclusion, the only trade with GS I would accept is LMA for Wiggins + n° 2

Going to ATL, DDR is the perfect veteran for them, because he can effectively be not only a starting weapon (becoming practically the only one of their entire roster, axceèt for young, able to attack the ring countless times) but also the second unit play maker, giving to ATL the chance to renounce to Teagues rights (19 millions last year...the most expansive contract of the team) without second thoughts. Considering their needing of veterans (Mills and Gay, for different reasons, are good options in this sense, being both god 3 point shooters) and play offs goals and style of play, plus their cap freedom and the fact that they absolutely need to download one of the 2 bad contracts for 2 centers that are actually included in their roster for the coming years (Dedmon and Capela, while the only center of a good price, alias Fernando, takes a very limited amount ) I can see a trade like the one that follows:

to ATL : DDR, Gay and Mills
    to SA : Reddish, Capela (Deadmon) and n° 6

so in the end

to GS : LMA
    to ATL: DDR, Gay, Mills
    to SA : Wiggins, Capela, Reddish, n° 2 and n° 6

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are warriors seriously even considering this I mean it would be dumb giving up Wiggins for nothing and adding a number two for an aged forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are warriors seriously even considering this I mean it would be dumb giving up Wiggins for nothing and adding a number two for an aged forward
    Wiggins is awful and getting paid $120mil+ over the next few seasons, and the #2 pick this year isn't worth as much as it would be in a normal draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keeping #2 doesn’t assist them winning with Stef&Klay and to a lessor degree Dray thb. And that clock is ticking. LMA would be very handy for them and there’s a real possibility that they get nobody better than LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keeping #2 doesn’t assist them winning with Stef&Klay and to a lessor degree Dray thb. And that clock is ticking. LMA would be very handy for them and there’s a real possibility that they get nobody better than LMA.

I think warriors also want depth. I wouldn't be surprised if they want white as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to trading white absolutely not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would have to considered a win (if goes through), especially compared to that BS Lakers return rumour.
    My concern would be the sudden bottle neck at the wing, but it shows the Spurs are committing to an almost ABA style of play.
    Would be a fun team to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No to trading white absolutely not.
    They could have Murray though...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way I’d trade white is if we are drafting ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way I’d trade white is if we are drafting ball
    That would be a ing nightmare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could have Murray though...
    The warriors are giving up 2 rotational players. They need depth and good size. They can't expect Klay will hit the floor running day one for whole season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy this rumor simply for the fact that Reddish‘s and DeRozan‘s salaries don’t match. Would have to be a larger deal. Besides that the Hawks have 50 million in cap space, they could just sign DeRozan without giving up anything
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 11-15-2020 at 08:36 AM.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy this rumor simply for the fact that Reddish‘s and DeRozan‘s salaries don’t match. Would have to be a larger deal
    atl has 50mil cap space and thats enough to take ddr and sign jeff teague.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats a great trade for... GSW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t buy this rumor simply for the fact that Reddish‘s and DeRozan‘s salaries don’t match. Would have to be a larger deal. Besides that the Hawks have 50 million in cap space, they could just sign DeRozan without giving up anything
    If they can find a way to make the salaries work, couldn't they potentially have DeRozan AND the cap-space to bring in another star (or some good role players)?

DeRozan alone ain't enough to get that team over the hump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really as they are over the cap. It probably would not give them room. Definitely would not be enough room to sign another max FA.
    I imagine they would make other moves to see if they could free up the space to make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about include Draymond in this deal that way Warriors get their cap to get Giannis and the Hawks get another solid player to push them into playoff contention?

Warriors get Aldridge, 6th

Spurs get Wiggins, 2nd, Warriors 2nd round pick

Hawks get DeRozan, Draymond

This one seems more fair, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ/ Campazzo/ Q
    White/ Lonnie/ Richardson/ Mason Jones
    Keldon/ Wiggins/ Terry Armstrong
    Smith/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Wiseman/ Eubanks
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-15-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine they would make other moves to see if they could free up the space to make it happen.
    They would have to get rid of Draymond as their big 3 alone make 100k.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about include Draymond in this deal that way Warriors get their cap to get Giannis and the Hawks get another solid player to push them into playoff contention?

Warriors get Aldridge, 6th

Spurs get Wiggins, 2nd, Warriors 2nd round pick

Hawks get DeRozan, Draymond

This one seems more fair, no?

ATL already has 2 bigs so I dont see why they would want Draymond and his contract. I also think GS would feel they are giving up to much as they may still see him as part of their core. Yes they want to save salary but not at the expense of loseing their hopes to win the championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They would have to get rid of Draymond as their big 3 alone make 100k.
    It would shock me if they actually did that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would shock me if they actually did that.
    I dont think they will either which is why they wont have enough room to sign GA outright. It would have to be a sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think they will either which is why they wont have enough room to sign GA outright. It would have to be a sign and trade.
    Current money is on Giannis going to Dallas as I read it. Think Brian Wildhorst has basically said if Gianni leaves Milwaukee his most likely landing spit is the Mavericks.

Thread Information