Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the eldest, scrubbiest Zeller bro is on the SA summer league team?

Probably a good thing they don't face Cleveland.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have Dawson over bonner on the actual roster
    in Dawsons final game i saw more out of dawson then bonner in his entire stint as a spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JaMychal Green is clearly the most attractive name among players not in Spurs pipeline. If he plays well, he could get a training camp invite with a true chance to stick given how Spurs roster is build.

This summer league will be crucial for Joseph and Denmon. Spurs could end up with 8 "good" guards on their roster for the start of the training camp (Parker, Ginobili, Green, Neal, Mills, De Colo, Joseph and Denmon). They are in tough spot and will need to show something in this summer league.

I'm surprised that James Anderson is on the roster. His agent wanted a trade sooner this year and his wish hasn't been granted. It seems that there isn't some kind of bad blood after that event. On the other hand, JA has had a great at ude last year despite being in the doghouse. Maybe this SL is a reward with Spurs guarantying him a lot of playing time to showcase him for other teams. Or maybe JA is still in Spurs plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, if Denmon outperforms CoJo then it's proof that the 2011 draft wasn't stacked and the 2012 one was...

JA might still be in trade plans. Let him perform in Summer League to attract a team which would be willing to part with a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have preferred to draft Sacre....I believe Denmon could have still been ours via UDFA signing. At least Sacre would have given us a legit 7 fter with some decent offensive skills for a rookie.....he would have to work on his D no doubt, but you can't teach size......and like I said, Denmon could still be on our Summer League Roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs FO isn't so high on 7 footers. None of the major contenders except LAL utilize 7 footers on both ends of the court extensively. Duncan plays with a smaller PF in Blair/Bonner/Diaw (or McDyess a couple of seasons earlier) a lot.

Plus Tiago proved that while you can't teach height, you can't teach at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any guard, specifically Joseph and Denmon, will have to make quite an impression to be on the Spurs roster for 12/13 season. Joseph still under contract and Denmon will be playing for one. What are the cons to cutting Joseph?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With De Colo signing with the LLE, there is a Neal-like contract available. If one of JaMychal Green or Denmon is impressive enough, I can see Spurs signing him to a 3 years minimum salary contract with a first year fully guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have preferred to draft Sacre....I believe Denmon could have still been ours via UDFA signing. At least Sacre would have given us a legit 7 fter with some decent offensive skills for a rookie.....he would have to work on his D no doubt, but you can't teach size......and like I said, Denmon could still be on our Summer League Roster.

Me too. I thought either Sacre or Sims would be the slot. For them to outwardly admit they're looking for a center, Sacre would've possibly been a decent choice in the second round.

I don't have an issue with Denmon and really hopes he pans out, but I wonder if the Spurs still could've got him as an undrafted free agent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too. I thought either Sacre or Sims would be the slot. For them to outwardly admit they're looking for a center, Sacre would've possibly been a decent choice in the second round.

I don't have an issue with Denmon and really hopes he pans out, but I wonder if the Spurs still could've got him as an undrafted free agent?
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is De Colo allowed to play in the Summer League?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spursdotcom will be in Vegas. That means videos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is De Colo allowed to play in the Summer League?
    Olympics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised that James Anderson is on the roster. His agent wanted a trade sooner this year and his wish hasn't been granted. It seems that there isn't some kind of bad blood after that event. On the other hand, JA has had a great at ude last year despite being in the doghouse. Maybe this SL is a reward with Spurs guarantying him a lot of playing time to showcase him for other teams. Or maybe JA is still in Spurs plan.
    He's not in the Spurs plans, especially with that newfound logjam in the backcourt. He's on the team strictly as a courtesy to showcase him to other teams. Will be interesting to see how much run he gets in the games.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know anything about Salah Mejri from Tunisia? He's looked pretty active off the bench on Utah's SL team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Spurs expected to release full summer league roster tomorrow. Most of the major pieces are probably self-evident.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know anything about Salah Mejri from Tunisia? He's looked pretty active off the bench on Utah's SL team.
    Synergy has numbers on 44 games he played for the Antwerp Giants in the Belgian league. Small sample size, grain of salt etc

His two largest offensive categories are Post-ups (19% of total offense, scored .713 points per possession) and Spot Up (19% of total offense, .571 points per possession). The FG% on those spot ups was 26.9%, so I'm really surprised that it's one of the top two categories in terms of usage.

His FG% is much more respectable on anything around or going to the basket (cuts, P&R Roll man etc) and his overall FG% is 51.8%, so if he cut out the jumpers his offensive #'s probably wouldn't be terrible.

Defensively he only allows .588 PPP on post-ups.... but this is the Belgian league we're talking about. I don't know what the level of compe ion is there, but I wouldn't be in a rush to read too much into that number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, I know he's a skinny 7 footer. The last time Tunisia played the US he went o-6 but got some boards. I don't think he's incredible or anything -- just the type of player one would hope the Spurs are looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just heard alexis wangmeme is going to be on the team as well. apparently there are 18 players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alexis Wangmeme

Nepotism at its finest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any guard, specifically Joseph and Denmon, will have to make quite an impression to be on the Spurs roster for 12/13 season. Joseph still under contract and Denmon will be playing for one. What are the cons to cutting Joseph?
    Denmon will be on the roster but don't expect him in a Spurs jersey. Hearing he might be signing with the Mavs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alexis Wangmeme

Nepotism at its finest.
    smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denmon will be on the roster but don't expect him in a Spurs jersey. Hearing he might be signing with the Mavs.
    That would be wrong.

Did you mean Dentmon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Justin Dentmon? Marcus Denmon can't sign with the Mavs, tbh.

As for 18 players, I'm guessing that's how many were invited to the summer league camp. Before they head to Vegas, the Spurs usually trim it down to a more reasonable 12-13 players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea Dentmon my fault.

Thread Information