Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KP has been very good this year but I am EXTREMELY weary of KP in a contract year. He has burned too many teams for me to trust him to put in the work and get better and try once he gets paid.

But he has been very good.
    feel like he's been the same player for a while now. my concern with him isnt that his play is going to suddenly decline, its just his durability. this year he's on pace for his most games played since 16-17 if not his rookie year

i dont think anybody has remaining delusions about him being a franchise carrying superstar anymore but he's damn good at his role. also easy to see his game age well, like brook lopez

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backpage hasn’t been around for 4-5 yrs bro!!
    Please keep up…….that’s part of the joke..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah Miss Cleo be the joke

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve thought about KP with the Spurs and can see the Spurs accelerating their timeline to compete by signing KP once we get the number one pick and draft Wembanyama. We need a center now and having a 7’3 KP who can operate anywhere on the floor either in high or low post and can shoot from the free throw line out to the 3. This will give Spurs great length to defend with and help improve offense and defense. That will allow Sochan to move to SF allowing us to keep size and defense on the floor while also having someone that will do all the little things that makeup a winning team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve thought about KP with the Spurs and can see the Spurs accelerating their timeline to compete by signing KP once we get the number one pick and draft Wembanyama. We need a center now and having a 7’3 KP who can operate anywhere on the floor either in high or low post and can shoot from the free throw line out to the 3. This will give Spurs great length to defend with and help improve offense and defense. That will allow Sochan to move to SF allowing us to keep size and defense on the floor while also having someone that will do all the little things that makeup a winning team.
    We’d still be a play in team. If we were too cheap to pay Dejounte market value 2 yrs out from his next deal we are certainly not paying KP 40+

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’d still be a play in team. If we were too cheap to pay Dejounte market value 2 yrs out from his next deal we are certainly not paying KP 40+
    Your number keeps getting higher and higher ! Can we make a gentleman’s bet here? I’ll put a few bills on Kristaps doesn’t get 40 mil from anyone. You can choose the amount up to 500 usd

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a play in team would be a great accomplishment going from number one pick to actually contending with a young team and rookie being your main star in year one. I don’t think the team was too cheap to pay Dejounte market value as much as being a play in team with him as your best player and him probably wanting max money with his next contract. With the contract he signed with us previously it was in the team’s best interest to trade him at max value because of the same reasons as Poeltl. He could only be extended for so much and it made no sense for the player to sign the extension and just go to free agency. It’s why you’ll see Anunoby traded from Toronto because they won’t want to risk losing him.

KP is scheduled to make $36 million next year if he doesn’t opt out. No one is going to pay him that because of injury history and he’ll do like CP3 and opt out in order to secure more money on a longer term contract. I think we could probably get him for around $25 million to a max of $30 million a year over a four year contract. Would be even better to start him at that max number and decrease it year by year just like Keldon’s contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your number keeps getting higher and higher ! Can we make a gentleman’s bet here? I’ll put a few bills on Kristaps doesn’t get 40 mil from anyone. You can choose the amount up to 500 usd
    His next deal probably starts around where his current one is and will probably escalate annually by a million or so. Hard pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the new obsession after Toby Harris, John Collins, Ben Simmons, and DeAndre Ayton? Gotta say, the track record ain't that great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the new obsession after Toby Harris, John Collins, Ben Simmons, and DeAndre Ayton? Gotta say, the track record ain't that great.
    I personally would still try one last time and see if Ben could be rehabilitated For ball handling, passing and defense……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally would still try one last time and see if Ben could be rehabilitated For ball handling, passing and defense……
    He can't. Whatever's between his ears is more broken than his J.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't. Whatever's between his ears is more broken than his J.
    You might be right…..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know…..wemby + kristraps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KP is having a sneaky great season!
    Unfortunately he hasn't played complete season since his ACL injury 5 years ago.
    He misses a lot of games.
    This year might be the first time he plays the whole season since then?

I see him as someone who may be willing to take a paycut late in his career to contribute to a contender and chase a ring.
    I don't see him as part of a rebuild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KP is having a sneaky great season!
    Unfortunately he hasn't played complete season since his ACL injury 5 years ago.
    He misses a lot of games.
    This year might be the first time he plays the whole season since then?

I see him as someone who may be willing to take a paycut late in his career to contribute to a contender and chase a ring.
    I don't see him as part of a rebuild.
    Yeah but he is 27 and as you have mentioned injury prone. This contract is crucial in securing the biggest deal he can procure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not referring to Porzingis specifically, but one of the pitfalls of tanking is the reluctance to aggressively look for potential positive deals during the course of the tank year, for fear it'll mean more wins. You hope in the end that it's eventually more steps forward than back-- more positive outcomes than missed opportunities-- but that's part of the gamble.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 03-09-2023 at 12:58 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All moves moving forward should be about winning; grabbing vets that fit our needs to pair with the newbies. Scoot, Devin,Sochan, KP,Collins lineup works.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way I want that goofball on the Spurs. Not a real star but gets star money. Seems like a great recipe for the play-in every year.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR
    21) Kristaps Porzingas

2022-2023 salaries
    19-21 Luka Doncic, Zach Lavine, Trae Young $37,096,500

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know…..wemby + kristraps
    We are almost there…….

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just go ahead and do Wemby + Kristaps + Zach Edey + Kai Sotto + Boban right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about a Sochan, Wemby , KP frontline; Devin and ( pg )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy enough Wemby could start out as the SF in that lineup.
    If The Unicorn could stay healthy I'd be interested but that is a very big IF.
    He is likely to command a big and long term deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just go ahead and do Wemby + Kristaps + Zach Edey + Kai Sotto + Boban right?
    Edey is just a worse boban

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porzingod is what happens when you don’t load manage a unicorn. He started out playing a pretty normal 72 games/28 per, but it went downhill quickly with 65/33 followed by 48/32 then a blown ACL/missed season. It took four seasons to get above 65 games and 32 minutes. Once he became a 20 point scorer, he never dipped below that mark. He just couldn’t play many games.

Thread Information