Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair + Anderson for Donte Greene & 2nd round pick. Greene plays defense, is 6'11", and could be a backup SF and PF . I like Ilyasova too, but there's no way he'd be available for scraps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair + Anderson for Donte Greene & 2nd round pick. Greene plays defense, is 6'11", and could be a backup SF and PF . I like Ilyasova too, but there's no way he'd be available for scraps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r58ON...eature=related

Not a chance the Spurs land this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those that were considering Jamison:

Cavs Unlikely To Buyout Jamison

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012...mode=fullstory

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those that were considering Jamison:

Cavs Unlikely To Buyout Jamison

http://news-herald.com/articles/2012...mode=fullstory
    Good, he aint going to Miami

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs added their 1st to Blair and Anderson, they could probably get Ilyasova. He's more than likely going back to Europe after this season, so that would be a good haul for the Bucks, who lack young talent. Like most international players, he's probably intrigued with the idea of playing for the Spurs, so they'd probably have a better chance than most of re-signing him.

But I'd be weary about signing him to a long term contract. This is a guy who's admitted he'll go to whoever offers him the most money and who conveniently went from a decent to a near elite rebounder in a contract year. And no one's ever confused him with being an above average defender.

I doubt the Spurs would do this though, because they know there's a good chance he walks and because they're probably ending up with Diaw anyway. Diaw isn't in Ilyasova's league as a rebounder, nor is he as good a shooter, but he is a stretch four all the same, is a better passer and is a better defender when the spirit moves him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ersan will ask for 40 mil/5 years or even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had an interesting convo with Shamsports: We were arguing the merits of a Bonner/JA/1st rounder for Amir Johnson. He thinks TOR would baulk at that offer because he's worth more basketball wise. I thought the Spurs probably wouldn't do that even though I'd want them to. It saves TOR a lot of money (~13M), gets them an add 1st rounder and doesn't hurt them short term wins wise. He thinks Amir could fetch more than that.

Thoughts?
    No offense bro but why the would the Raptors do that trade? JA has negative trade value. Bonner has negative trade value to a non-contending team and especially Toronto where Colangelo hated him. The first round pick you're throwing in doesn't even offset the negative trade values of JA and Bonner. And then you want Amir Johnson on top of that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hickson's an interesting idea since Danny Ferry drafted him in Cleveland and it's possible he could be really high on him. (He supposedly wouldn't trade him for Amare at one point.) So if Ferry is extremely high on him (no idea if he's still high on him -- he could easily have lost confidence in his future since he has sucked lately) the Spurs might be willing to put together a quality package.

That said, Hickson has so many bad habits right now that I doubt he'd be ready to produce come playoff time. He'd be a move for next season most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense bro but why the would the Raptors do that trade? JA has negative trade value. Bonner has negative trade value to a non-contending team and especially Toronto where Colangelo hated him. The first round pick you're throwing in doesn't even offset the negative trade values of JA and Bonner. And then you want Amir Johnson on top of that?

You save TOR ~13M, they get another first rounder and they get more flexibility to rebuild since they're a bottom feeder. Valanciunas is coming over, they recently drafted Ed Davis and would they really want a ~7M inconsistent player in that situation?

Maybe I'm undervaluing how great Amir Johnson is but saving TOR 13M plus giving them a first rounder seemed more than fair to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You save TOR ~13M, they get another first rounder and they get more flexibility to rebuild since they're a bottom feeder. Valanciunas is coming over, they recently drafted Ed Davis and would they really want a ~7M inconsistent player in that situation?

Maybe I'm undervaluing how great Amir Johnson is but saving TOR 13M plus giving them a first rounder seemed more than fair to me.
    Amir has three years and $17.6 million remaining on his contract. That's really good value for a 24-year-old bigman with good potential whose only glaring weakness is fouling too much. When it comes to adjusted plus/minus, Amir has been one of the elite role players in the NBA for the last half decade -- so any team that pays attention to that would value him even higher.

If the Raptors wanted to, they could salary dump Amir for nothing ... which would technically be better than also accepting Bonner and JA. They probably could salary dump him and get back a first rounder if they wanted to, tbh.

P.S.

The Spurs look smart now that they were the only team who tried to steal Amir Johnson from the Pistons back in the day. That said, he probably never would have developed on the Spurs because Pop would never play a bigman who fouls as often as Amir.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that we likely don't have the right assets for a trade with the Raptors, but I still think this is one of the more interesting teams for the Spurs to watch closely. maybe Spurs can sneek into a deal.

they obviously tried hard to sign Wilson Chandler and to do so they would have needed more cap space. we can assume that they tried to dump some salary (Barbosa?) and that the teams with TEs (Lakers) are still waiting what happen at deadline. that said, there could easily happen several moves and trades involving the Raptors.
    Amir Johnson might be the best fit for the Spurs, but I could also see some interest in James Johneson, maybe even Jerryd Bayless or Linas Kleiza. all those guys might be available for the right price.
    the rumor that the Spurs are exploring deals for a back up PG makes Bayless an option.
    JA plus Corey Joseph (a Toronto naitiv!) + pick works, opens 600K additional cap space for the Raptors (they could improve the offer for Chandler).
    in the other thread most ST poster call it nonsense to trade for a back up PG, but they all ignore the fact how much Spurs struggle to defend the opponents PGs. see the Clippers game. Bayless would be a huge upgrade for the PG defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for a PF doesn't really make sense unless this player is, or at least has the upside to be, significantly better than Bonner and Blair. And with the trade deadline being only 40 days before the end of the season, a lateral move could turn into a negative move because the new player won't have a lot of time to learn Spurs plays.

There is little hope that Spurs got better and it sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading for a PF doesn't really make sense unless this player is, or at least has the upside to be, significantly better than Bonner and Blair. And with the trade deadline being only 40 days before the end of the season, a lateral move could turn into a negative move because the new player won't have a lot of time to learn Spurs plays.

There is little hope that Spurs got better and it sucks.
    I think at this point in the season spurs fans need not worry about upgrading but should simply worry about getting more depth at the 4/5 postion. As already stated in numerous threads this will happen when players contracts start getting bought out, not a trade in my opinion...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think at this point in the season spurs fans need not worry about upgrading but should simply worry about getting more depth at the 4/5 postion.
    Getting depth at the C spot is more important than at the PF spot. Dan Gadzuric, who has started to play in D-League, could be a decent 3rd string C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting depth at the C spot is more important than at the PF spot. Dan Gadzuric, who has started to play in D-League, could be a decent 3rd string C.
    The Spurs may, in fact, be down to Dan Gadzuric as their last hope for a big man acquisition.

------

There has been a lot written about the Spurs signing guys with "character". One of the players (not a big man) rumored to be on the Spurs' list for years is a notorious problem child. A lot of Spurs fans have wanted him for his scoring ability, and a lot have screamed aout his problems. This week, one of his former teammates was quoted as being unhappy about the player being signed by his new team. You know you're a problem child when Carmello Anthony objects to you because of bad character:

Contrary to popular belief, Anthony was leery of the Knicks bringing in his former Denver teammate three weeks ago and gave a thumbs down to upper management, according to a person close to the Knicks superstar.

Publicly, Anthony said all the right things about Smith, who was fined $25,000 by the NBA Saturday for tweeting a photo of a partially naked woman in his Milwaukee hotel room. A couple of weeks before the signing, Anthony was asked if the Knicks should sign his former teammate who has a thuggish reputation. Anthony and Smith share the same agent, Leon Rose. “If it happens, it happens and I’ll be happy,” Anthony said publicly before the signing.

But, according to the source, Anthony was not gung-ho and was “hurt’’ Knicks upper management tossed his advice out the window

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1ouXzATqz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, this Dan Gadzuric looks pretty sloppy to me. Could be a waste of money and time tbh.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but Dan Gadzuric?? Are you funcking kidding me. Why not try with Austin Croshere again or Kevin Willis. And I really think K-Will would be better than those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, but Dan Gadzuric?? Are you funcking kidding me. Why not try with Austin Croshere again or Kevin Willis. And I really think K-Will would be better than those two.
    Gadzuric isn't terrible, he's better than Turiaf for certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know, this Dan Gadzuric looks pretty sloppy to me. Could be a waste of money and time tbh.
    Gadzuric isn't terrible, he's better than Turiaf for certain.
    Again, do not look at the market for bigs until all possible contract buyouts are finished..Gadzuric is not going the be the only option in my opinion for the spurs.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Lakers are talking about getting players like Howard, Rondo, Lowry, etc--while the Spurs are hoping to get Dan Gadzuric

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers are talking about getting players like Howard, Rondo, Lowry, etc--while the Spurs are hoping to get Dan Gadzuric

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Co sign

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers also talk about sending out Pau Gasol in the mentioned moves. are the Spurs willing to sacrifice a player with compareable impact?
    nope.
    well, I guess you get the point.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Lakers also talk about sending out Pau Gasol in the mentioned moves. are the Spurs willing to sacrifice a player with compareable impact?
    nope.
    well, I guess you get the point.
    That's because you only have one player with "comparable" impact. Duncan is older than dirt and Manu has osteoporosis.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    tbh though a Duncan Gadzuric frontline would beast on the league

Thread Information