Page 292 of 352 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8781
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the most important thing of all: 53% from 2 and 55% from 3. If that shooting is for real, he's an elite weapon.

He doesn't even need to playmake for . If he just dribles the ball up the court, gives it up to go stand in the corner and hit 3's at a 40+% clip, he would justify his selection. Add a block here, a steal there and good defensive rotations and you've got yourself a championship level piece.
    Not just he resembles Stockton, but he has that demeanor much like CP3. He has the command. Stockton didn’t really have to be fancy, but he was pesky much like Reed. People compare Reed to Hinrich or Derrick. I think he’s Stockton with 42 vertical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sold by the mere IQ alone what more with the other intangibles.
    He's intriguing especially when you consider his shooting. I will say he looks slow and small in those videos. Is he going to be able to do this against bigger faster players.
    Just my opinion-

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone in this draft is half the player Stockton was, he would be a consensus number one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed is straight clean passes, nothing fancy, just point A to B. But I love it.

You like Reed in your team. He’s going to make the right decisions.

Exactly what I was thinking. Reed isnt a Magic or Jason Williams showboat passer. He is just a normal good decision making clean passer. Nothing to get excited about at all, but super effective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, Reed Sheppard is a good player. He's not a great point guard much less anywhere close to John freaking Stockton. He's a good secondary playmaker, that's it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, Reed Sheppard is a good player. He's not a great point guard much less anywhere close to John freaking Stockton. He's a good secondary playmaker, that's it.
    Ok, we’ll take your word for it.

Let’s flip the script.

Dillingham will always be a below average defender that will always be a liability on the court. That’s it.

Let’s see how you handle it when someone says something negative (and pretend it’s a matter of fact) about your pet players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, we’ll take your word for it.

Let’s flip the script.

Dillingham will always be a below average defender that will always be a liability on the court. That’s it.

Let’s see how you handle it when someone says something negative about your pet players.
    Lmao. I acknowledge Dillingham has defensive issues, my dumb friend.

If you actually watched Sheppard instead of living inside your rectum you'd know he's not John Stockton.

Legitimately made me laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. I acknowledge Dillingham has defensive issues, my dumb friend.

If you actually watched Sheppard instead of living inside your rectum you'd know he's not John Stockton.

Legitimately made me laugh.
    Hook, line, and sinker. You’re as predictable as always with your meltdowns and grade school insults. Off your meds again? Now why don’t you calm your samurai ass down sometimes? Yep, that’s right…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it that Devin Carter is by far the best athlete in this class. he is not tall, but has a long wingspan. but man, his shot looks really ugly to me.
    so I'm su ious, that his decent shooting numbers in his junior year might have been an anomaly and his bad numbers in the first two years are closer to his true potential.
    so, if he isn't that much of a point guard either, he might end up as an undersized SG with a below average shooting. that would be Avery Bradley at best.
    so no, I don't see him as a intriguing option for the #8 pick.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have listened to a few Wiz fan podcasts and they seem to think Jordan Poole will be playing PG next season after he finished the season strongly playing that role once Tyus Jones went down.

Pre AS: 15.6 PPG, 3.7 APG, 40% FG (52 games)
    Post AS: 21.6 PPG, 5.7 APG, 43.4% FG (26 games)

It’s in the Wiz best interest to make the Poole thing work because of their investment in him and his contract, if only to rehab his value. So I can see him staying at the 1 next season.

This impacts their draft strategy. I no longer think they’ll take Topic at 2, or Dillingham or Sheppard. I can see them taking Clingan or one of the forwards in Risacher, Holland, Buzelis. Maybe Castle.

I can also see them trading Kuzma for a FRP. They could probably get the Bulls 11th pick for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    measurment comparison between Steph Curry and Reed Sheppard:

Steph: height w/o shoes 6'2.00", wingspan 6'3.50", 181 lbs
    Reed: height w/o shoes 6'1.75", wingspan 6'3.25", 182 lbs

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it that Devin Carter is by far the best athlete in this class. he is not tall, but has a long wingspan. but man, his shot looks really ugly to me.
    so I'm su ious, that his decent shooting numbers in his junior year might have been an anomaly and his bad numbers in the first two years are closer to his true potential.
    so, if he isn't that much of a point guard either, he might end up as an undersized SG with a below average shooting. that would be Avery Bradley at best.
    so no, I don't see him as a intriguing option for the #8 pick.
    It’s a fair concern.

Devin Carter has some similarities to Cason Wallace. Similar size, wingspan, weight. Wallace has a slightly higher standing reach by 3 inches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone in this draft is half the player Stockton was, he would be a consensus number one.
    Bruh I meant his demeanor and decision making, plus command is like John Stockton. I watch Reed play, nothing fancy, just clean passes and shoots when he’s open, plays hard. You know he’s just going to make the right decisions.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh I said he’s demeanor and decision making, plus command is like John Stockton. I watch Reed play, nothing fancy, just clean passes and shoots when he’s open, plays hard. You know he’s just going to make the right decisions.
    That's just disrespectful to Stockton.
    He's arguably the best floor general ever if we talk about controlling the pace and consistently making good decisions.
    Meanwhile, we don't know if Sheppard will even be a true point guard in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People compare Reed to Hinrich or Derrick. I think he’s Stockton with 42 vertical.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Reed isnt a Magic or Jason Williams showboat passer
    measurment comparison between Steph Curry and Reed Sheppard:

Steph: height w/o shoes 6'2.00", wingspan 6'3.50", 181 lbs
    Reed: height w/o shoes 6'1.75", wingspan 6'3.25", 182 lbs
    This is thread is getting out of control

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sold. Reed Shepphard is Magic Johnson + Stockton + Curry all in one. Trade up to #1 and take him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is way more like Kerr than Stockton or Curry. You don't want him trying to create off the dribble, but holy is he a good stationary shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is way more like Kerr than Stockton or Curry. You don't want him trying to create off the dribble, but holy is he a good stationary shooter.
    Kerr didn’t lead his team 4 steals and 2 blocks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is thread is getting out of control
    ok, that post of mine might have come at the wrong moment......didn't mean much more than to point at a pretty similar physical profile....if there is anything to take from it then maybe that you can survive in the NBA at that hight, if you are a very good shooter... (if you are very very very very very very very very good, you win MVP)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sold. Reed Shepphard is Magic Johnson + Stockton + Curry all in one. Trade up to #1 and take him

Pump them worn out brakes already. I think Reed Shepphard is OK, nothing great in my book. I would personally take him in the teens ore late 1st rd. somewhere, not the lottery.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pump them worn out brakes already. I think Reed Shepphard is OK, nothing great in my book. I would personally take him in the teens ore late 1st rd. somewhere, not the lottery.
    Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, that post of mine might have come at the wrong moment......didn't mean much more than to point at a pretty similar physical profile....if there is anything to take from it then maybe that you can survive in the NBA at that hight, if you are a very good shooter... (if you are very very very very very very very very good, you win MVP)
    Yeah, I got that. Just couldn't resist including it to add some sauce.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a strong sense you'll get positive things from Reed and low chance of being a bust. How well he functions as a point guard is fairly wide open in my opinion. His shooting should open spacing but I don't see him as breaking down defenses and causing chaos for the defense. To me that's still a prioy, maybe the biggest priority. Then in comparing him to Dillingham, they both have defensive limitations, Reed less so, but still a concern. Anyway, I like Reed but can more easy see the impact Dillingham can have on offense. Dillingham is a really good shooter, just not elite. Anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saluan had himself a really good game in the french playoffs last night...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Stockton per game stats as freshman
    FT 0.743
    ASSISTS 1.4
    STEAL. 0.7
    PTS. 3.1

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...tockton-1.html

Thread Information