Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ??? There is no rain in San Antonio right now. South and west of town there are some storms but they're all traveling NW anyways.
    We need rain in the worst way. Native Trees my father has never seen in trouble are dying.
    If we get another cold winter coupled with two years of super excessive heat there is going to be unprecedented die off in San Antonio.
    This is fkn ridiculous. His 30 year old tangerine trees (non native) are done as well. Dead. Austin meanwhile is getting much more precipitation. Luckily there has been rain over the important acquirer areas so we have avoided really drastic measures. That along with conservation. The city has got to keep up with all the old leaking water lines though. They are cracking underground due to excessive heat and little ground moisture. City is gonna have problems keeping up with repairs as these changes to climate continue to persist.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    We need rain in the worst way. Native Trees my father has never seen in trouble are dying.
    If we get another cold winter coupled with two years of super excessive heat there is going to be unprecedented die off in San Antonio.
    This is fkn ridiculous. His 30 year old tangerine trees (non native) are done as well. Dead. Austin meanwhile is getting much more precipitation. Luckily there has been rain over the important acquirer areas so we have avoided really drastic measures. That along with conservation. The city has got to keep up with all the old leaking water lines though. They are cracking underground due to excessive heat and little ground moisture. City is gonna have problems keeping up with repairs as these changes to climate continue to persist.
    We got one day with a couple of inches, just enough for a quick greenup that's about it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So it's 97 today and extremely humid. If we don't good rain out of this front tonight I don't know when the we ever will.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    My yard hasn't even gone to dirt, it's gone to dust in areas that aren't well shaded after two years of exceptional drought.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So it's 97 today and extremely humid. If we don't good rain out of this front tonight I don't know when the we ever will.
    So 2023 is sort of a preview of what things will be like mid-century. The anomalies are crazy. September globally was 1.8 C hotter than the pre-industrial average.

The climate scientists I read stated that this is a combination of a strong El Niño and the massive amount of water vapor flung into the atmosphere by the Tonga underwater volcano. It’s superimposed upon climate change, but even so 2023 is anomalous and that’s why.

Or, they’re wrong, we’ve hit a tipping point, runaway climate change is in progress at 0.5 C per year, and human beings along with most other life on earth will be extinct by 2050.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wtf happened to the cool front

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We were lied to just like in 2020.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ??? It's like 85 at nearly 5PM. The second cold front that drops our highs into the 70s for a couple of days doesn't come until tonight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    We got one day with a couple of inches, just enough for a quick greenup that's about it.
    I got some friends who live off Shwarengen sp? close to the soccer stadium and that neighborhood looks like a tropical rainforest compared to my NW SA neighborhood.
    They have definitely got more rain than we have over the summer. They did whiff on the rain that we got most recently.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I dated a gal who lived off of Swearingen back in the good old days
    Good times

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I dated a gal who lived off of Swearingen back in the good old days
    Good times
    This neighborhood is full of young couples with heavy stroller traffic.
    The Park at Walnut Creek.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This neighborhood is full of young couples with heavy stroller traffic.
    The Park at Walnut Creek.

...you're over there sniffin' dirty diapers, ya sicky, you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ugh back in the 90s again

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    BUMP

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Upper 70s and 80s all week and it's still February heading into March. Very above average. Mid spring like. Yes we did have 100 on February 29, 2000 and it was also near the solar maximum then.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Upper 70s and 80s all week and it's still February heading into March. Very above average. Mid spring like. Yes we did have 100 on February 29, 2000 and it was also near the solar maximum then.
    Probably going back to La Nina for the fourth year in five this summer

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Probably going back to La Nina for the fourth year in five this summer
    looking more like Neutral, but 2005 was neutral and we saw how that went especially for the hurricane season.

there's also this

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/data/cb/ss...ly.current.png

RECORD hot sea surface temperatures for this time of year in the tropical Atlantic, particularly the main development region. It's way too early and we still have the el nino prevailing pattern in the Pacific and the spring unpredictability barrier, but it's been trending cooler in the Pacific and I'm gonna say we have a pretty massively epic Atlantic hurricane season 2024 which will do something to the election too so stay tuned.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    looking more like Neutral, but 2005 was neutral and we saw how that went especially for the hurricane season.

there's also this

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/data/cb/ss...ly.current.png

RECORD hot sea surface temperatures for this time of year in the tropical Atlantic, particularly the main development region. It's way too early and we still have the el nino prevailing pattern in the Pacific and the spring unpredictability barrier, but it's been trending cooler in the Pacific and I'm gonna say we have a pretty massively epic Atlantic hurricane season 2024 which will do something to the election too so stay tuned.
    They're saying 80% chance of neutral spring, 55% La Nina summer

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    They're saying 80% chance of neutral spring, 55% La Nina summer
    I'm seeing the SOI (southern oscillation index) with a less radical e than say 2010 which went from El Nino straight to La Nina in a hurry that spring. It's more analogous to the softer, smoother shift that we saw in say 2005.

My best guess is El Nino continues to steadily weaken through spring, arrive at Neutral by roughly late May/early June, favor Neutral in summer and peak hurricane season, and trend towards La Nina by roughly October.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I'm seeing the SOI (southern oscillation index) with a less radical e than say 2010 which went from El Nino straight to La Nina in a hurry that spring. It's more analogous to the softer, smoother shift that we saw in say 2005.

My best guess is El Nino continues to steadily weaken through spring, arrive at Neutral by roughly late May/early June, favor Neutral in summer and peak hurricane season, and trend towards La Nina by roughly October.
    Your best guesses have been pretty funny

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Ugh we're going to get in the 90s today aren't we?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Ugh we're going to get in the 90s today aren't we?
    Jeez, another 90 degree forecast day today

One more cool snap coming Wednesday-Thursday and then right back to the mid to late spring like heat. Ugh.

I need to go north.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Jeez, another 90 degree forecast day today

One more cool snap coming Wednesday-Thursday and then right back to the mid to late spring like heat. Ugh.

I need to go north.
    At least last week it was with low humidity when we were nearly 20 degrees above average. Today we get the humidity too. Ugh this is going to be another ridiculous summer when we're getting this kind of weather in ing February.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    At least last week it was with low humidity when we were nearly 20 degrees above average. Today we get the humidity too. Ugh this is going to be another ridiculous summer when we're getting this kind of weather in ing February.
    Even Michigan and Minnesota are getting 60s in February

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Dang, even Fort Worth is gonna hit 90 tomorrow with high humidity!

Thread Information