Page 267 of 346 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 8643
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier's advantage is his athleticism and power in my opinion He's still stout. But his vertical wasn't great. Wingspan nothing great. If we think Castle is actually 6'2" then I suppose Collier doesn't stand out negatively in relationship to the others. But this feels like low expectations. And again, I want Collier to be a good prospect because he can get to the rim and isa point guard. But I don't see his stock rising today. He still may be a value like Keyonte George but that remains to be seen.
    So it turns out that Castle's height was misreported and it's actually 6-4.5, which means his height is right in line with what was assumed in school. He doesn't quick have SF size, but he has good size for a guard. I think the narrative Collier needs to hit is that he's fundamentally more of the guy coming out of high school than the guy he was at the start of his USC season. Him establishing legit size and showing flashes to end the year is a big step toward encouraging teams to ignore last year. He would've helped himself more if he jumped out of the gym, but he's a guy who's scrimmage performance could be a huge swing factor. How he takes NBA-level coaching and operates with more talented teammates will give a better view on where he actually is and where he can go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Castle a decent amount. His defense is consistent, has the size to be one of the biggest legit point guards, but man the lack of confidence or offensive motor bugs me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier's advantage is his athleticism and power in my opinion He's still stout. But his vertical wasn't great. Wingspan nothing great. If we think Castle is actually 6'2" then I suppose Collier doesn't stand out negatively in relationship to the others. But this feels like low expectations. And again, I want Collier to be a good prospect because he can get to the rim and isa point guard. But I don't see his stock rising today. He still may be a value like Keyonte George but that remains to be seen.
    He’s not. That Twitter account that was posting measurements mixed up his with someone else’s measurements. I don’t want to dig back through, but I think he measured 6’4.5” barefoot,which translates to 6’5.5”-6’6” in shoes,his listed height. Don’t recall the wingspan, but it was good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Castle a decent amount. His defense is consistent, has the size to be one of the biggest legit point guards, but man the lack of confidence or offensive motor bugs me.
    It’s not a matter of motor. He played in a ball sharing high level motion offense. It’s not designed for anyone to take over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget DJ Wagner..
    good call wtf happened there

wasn't he supposed to be the premiere recruit at UK last season, top of entire 23 class? He was like 4th down the list of contributors for Wildcats let alone NCAA best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good call wtf happened there

wasn't he supposed to be the premiere recruit at UK last season, top of entire 23 class? He was like 4th down the list of contributors for Wildcats let alone NCAA best
    H-Y-P-E.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensive presence, sure... BUT 3 POINT SHOT???!!! Dude was 2/9 from 3 in his entire college career, and shot 55.8% from the line. He's closer to Poeltl than a floor spacer.
    Agreed Clingan never flashed shooting or range. Was a traditional big with presence around the rim though def a solid one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If dilly goes in the top 3 I would be willing to trade Keldon and #8 to Detroit for #5 to snag castle ahead of the hornets. Pairing risacher and castle together would improve our defense over night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Castle measurements were accidentally reported as Devin Carter's measurements iirc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how anyone could have believed the 6'2" mistake even for a second.

And this is why the combine should be raked over the coals for this sort of mistake. People are going to be repeating this for the next month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if forcing focus on DJ Wagner within the UK scheme due to his hype and hierarchy formalities affected opportunities/stats for Sheppard, Dilly, perhaps even Reeves. That whole logjam was crowding the flow all season. Too many big dogs all trying to eat and only one basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Castle's surprisingly impressive 3PT Skills drill performance today wondering if his shooting is better than he let on. UCONN may have under emphasized it when designing his role. Cam and Tristen seemed like the go-to's there for shooting.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with Castle's surprisingly impressive 3PT Skills drill performance today wondering if his shooting is better than he let on. UCONN may have under emphasized it when designing his role. Cam and Tristen seemed like the go-to's there for shooting.
    could be a fluke lol when do scrimmages start?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how anyone could have believed the 6'2" mistake even for a second.

And this is why the combine should be raked over the coals for this sort of mistake. People are going to be repeating this for the next month.
    Agreed, Castle was was interviewed at the Lottery yesterday standing next to clearly 6'2"-ish Sheppard and Dilly, Castle was towering over them. Even before that Castle was unanimously assumed to be 6'6 ish, so I'd say at least 6'4 without shoes but corrected measurements will be released soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If dilly goes in the top 3 I would be willing to trade Keldon and #8 to Detroit for #5 to snag castle ahead of the hornets. Pairing risacher and castle together would improve our defense over night.
    ??? Just take Castle at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Devin Carter just set a NBA Combine record for fastest 3/4 sprit time!

Carter also tied Reed Sheppard's 42" vert. Trenton Flowers also with 42"

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want Castle with that 4th pick

Solid all around game in many areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three approaches:

1. Draft and stash Topic (if he's ACL compromised) at 8.

2. Package 4 and 8 to move up and get Sarr.

3. Set of steak knives (or maybe at least Castle).

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So it turns out that Castle's height was misreported and it's actually 6-4.5, which means his height is right in line with what was assumed in school. He doesn't quick have SF size, but he has good size for a guard. I think the narrative Collier needs to hit is that he's fundamentally more of the guy coming out of high school than the guy he was at the start of his USC season. Him establishing legit size and showing flashes to end the year is a big step toward encouraging teams to ignore last year. He would've helped himself more if he jumped out of the gym, but he's a guy who's scrimmage performance could be a huge swing factor. How he takes NBA-level coaching and operates with more talented teammates will give a better view on where he actually is and where he can go.
    Post hand injury, it seemed like Collier cleaned up his game some and showed improvement. My question for him in SA might be less about potential but if he would want to be a Spur. But that's hard to say about any player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post hand injury, it seemed like Collier cleaned up his game some and showed improvement. My question for him in SA might be less about potential but if he would want to be a Spur. But that's hard to say about any player.
    He went to a share the ball motion offense school. I think he’d be fine in SA.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back to Donovan Clingman. Still crazy to me that he is being considered top 3 and Zach Edey is in the 20s. Neither one can shoot 3s, but Zach is probably the better shooter. I get that Clingman had great advanced stats in college but bigs don't need to shoot 3s as much in college. Anyway. With Topic dropping, Clingman rising might be a wash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be fine to draft and stash Topic at 8. Even Salaun if we go Dilly at 4.

I still hope the Spurs reach out to Brooklyn who has no first round pick, and see if they are interested in 8 for one of Phoenix's 2017 or 2019 unprotected picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carter and Knecht measured well and they are great fits around Wemby. They are deep playoff guys.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your Washington you know your going to be picking top 5 for the next 2-3 years, do you take Clingan at 2, get your foundational big man and hope he can turn into a Rudy Gobert type guy that can anchor a top 10 defense, then focus on tanking and getting in on the loaded 2025 draft with Flagg and Bailey and the other forwards.

Clingan
    Avdija
    Coulibaly
    Poole
    Jones

Trade Kuzma for picks and win 25 games again.

This is kind of the Homer in me hoping Risacher drops to the Spurs at 4.

I could honestly see the Wiz taking anyone, Clingan, Sarr, wings like Risacher and Holland, or guards like Sheppard or Dilly. They need everything. Coulibaly is the only key building piece for them had he is mostly a 3 but could also slide down to 2. Avdija is a positive asset but not good enough to impact draft decisions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting - thank you. Sounds like you don’t want to put eggs in basket of him being a star potential? I’m going to throw a draft combo I’d be happy with: Matas Buzelis + Risacher

Now you can use some assets via trade to land a point guard (Brogdon? Another younger one?) and get two wings for when you possibly trade Keldon?
    That combo is never happening. If both are available at 4, the Pistons will select at 5 whoever the Spurs don't pick out of of those two.

Thread Information