Page 264 of 342 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 8545
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Utah trading up to get Dilly if Spurs pass on him at #4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://mozzartsport.com/kosarka/ves...zonancu/482176

Google translation:
    "Nikola had a problem with the same knee. "He will go for an MRI, he will have an examination during the evening and on Tuesday morning his condition will be clearer," Sferopoulos said.

Sferopoulos is Topic's coach.

IIRC, Topic has quite a hefty buyout. It might be a factor in his decision to stay in the draft.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you mean like denver did?
    It's like you're forgetting how hyped MPJ was and the expectations for him, and he was picked 14.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hate to say it, but one of the big losers from day 1 is Jared McCain. I didn‘t expect much, but was hoping for a bit more height and a significantly better wingspan. The real damper are his test numbers. he is really slow and can‘t jump much. He didn‘t shoot that well either. (this one I would ignore, a few shots in a drill are not proving much)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Topic possibly sliding, this creates problems for our 8 pick.

Sarr, Risacher, Clingan, Buzelis, Castle, Sheppard, Holland, Dillingham, Cody Williams

Those are sort of a similar tier to me of nine players. After, there's Knecht, Filipowski, Walter, etc.

If Topic is out, the calculus has changed, as there's really only one other point guard at that level, Dillingham. (Not considering Sheppard a point, and Castle also more of an off-guard.) If the Spurs take a Risacher or Buzelis at 4, then the likely options at that tier could be slim at 8. Like, it could wind up being Clingan or Cody Williams, and a Risacher/Williams or Buzelis/Williams haul is pretty awkward imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Topic possibly sliding, this creates problems for our 8 pick.

Sarr, Risacher, Clingan, Buzelis, Castle, Sheppard, Holland, Dillingham, Cody Williams

Those are sort of a similar tier to me of nine players. After, there's Knecht, Filipowski, Walter, etc.

If Topic is out, the calculus has changed, as there's really only one other point guard at that level, Dillingham. (Not considering Sheppard a point, and Castle also more of an off-guard.) If the Spurs take a Risacher or Buzelis at 4, then the likely options at that tier could be slim at 8. Like, it could wind up being Clingan or Cody Williams, and a Risacher/Williams or Buzelis/Williams haul is pretty awkward imo.
    Yeah Topic was one of my better cases at 8 if they took a wing at 4.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Dillingham lasting until 8. No way. Just my random opinion. I think they have to grab him at 4. Very few point guards available in that tier. Lots of wings available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god the Spurs ended up in the top 4 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the lottery I was looking for mid FRP value picks like McCain or Collier, but now, nope, not interested. For me, it's Dillingham at 4, and at 8 see who is left, possibly Buzelis, Holland, Williams, even Knecht, but that would be out of character for Brian Wright to draft a 24 year old, unless he has changed his approach.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic always looked like he could use another year in Europe, I guess he'll gamble in this draft. Feel bad for the kid, but I never wanted him.

I guess it's down to PATFO's estimation if Dillingham's scoring can translate to NBA level.
    If not, just get two wings and get a veteran point guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced teams will take Donovan Clingman in the top 4. He can't self create from what little I know so far about him. Maybe 5-10 range. Seems like he would have to go to a team that already has scorers and ball handlers. Just rambling...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted this in the wrong thread:

Updated back of the envelope projection, assuming Topic is out of the top 8

ATL: Sarr
    WAS: ZR
    HOU: Reed
    SAS: Matas
    DET: Knecht (they might get ed the most with Topic gone; they need shooting and Dilly is too redundant)
    CHA: Castle
    POR: Holland
    SAS: Dilly

That's sort of a best case scenario. Another one where WAS opts for a pg is less favorable

WAS: Dilly
    SAS: ZR
    DET: Matas
    SAS: Knecht? C. Williams?

Things get pretty dire for #8 in a world where Washington opts for Dilly. In that scenario, ZR is in play at 4 and I worry that we opt for that over Matas. With Topic gone, and WAS takes a pg, then that likely blocks the scenario where there is an ill-fitting guard falling past non-PG needing teams like POR/CHA. I would absolutely hate to waste a top 10 pick on Dalton ing Connect. We really need at least one, if not two, things to happen: Clingan goes top 8 and/or there is a non top-8 riser like Connect, Collier, Williams, etc.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the wing at 4 and the guard that's available at 8. Matas/Castle or Zacc/Dilly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The drama around this draft seems to be escalating daily. It's crazy how much the landscape has shifted in 24 hrs.
    Only 6.5 weeks until the draft.

If Topic was the Spurs top guy, this could call for a radical Plan B. Trading up, back or out could all be at play. Topic's buyout might make grabbing him later less likely, depending on the amount.

Are Trae Young or DJM options now? Is #4 too high for Dillingham? Has Buzelis' stock risen to get him at 4 or 8? Will Sheppard go top 3?

All I can say is this "crappy" draft looks incredibly interesting to see how it plays out.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone here who actually watched the top picks’ games? Or at least the NCAA tourney? How’s Dillingham’s defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced teams will take Donovan Clingman in the top 4. He can't self create from what little I know so far about him. Maybe 5-10 range. Seems like he would have to go to a team that already has scorers and ball handlers. Just rambling...
    If he doesn't go 3 to HOU, I could see him falling a bit. He's not making is past MEM at 9 imo. They need a defensive C to replace Steven Adams badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted this in the wrong thread:

Updated back of the envelope projection, assuming Topic is out of the top 8

WAS: ZR
    SAS: Matas
    DET: Knecht (they might get ed the most with Topic gone; they need shooting and Dilly is too redundant)
    SAS: Dilly

That's sort of a best case scenario. Another one where WAS opts for a pg is less favorable

WAS: Dilly
    SAS: ZR
    DET: Matas
    SAS: Knecht? C. Williams?

Things get pretty dire for #8 in a world where Washington opts for Dilly. In that scenario, ZR is in play at 4 and I worry that we opt for that over Matas. With Topic gone, and WAS takes a pg, then that likely blocks the scenario where there is an ill-fitting guard falling past non-PG needing teams like POR/CHA. I would absolutely hate to waste a top 10 pick on Dalton ing Connect. We really need at least one, if not two, things to happen: Clingan goes top 8 and/or there is a non top-8 riser like Connect, Collier, Williams, etc.
    Damn I really don't want to see Clingan at 9 to Memphis or OKC trading up from 12 to say Portland at 7 to get him.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Raptors are smart they're calling Memphis for #9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I really don't want to see Clingan at 9 to Memphis or OKC trading up from 12 to get him.
    OKC with him would be brutal. Hopefully, WAS takes him at 2, or trades down. Problem is that OKC has more than enough assets going forward that it makes a lot of sense for them to spend some and go from 12 to 2.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I really don't want to see Clingan at 9 to Memphis or OKC trading up from 12 to say Portland at 7 to get him.
    How about Edey to OKC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Spurs aren't picking him now, so there's that
    unless he stays in the draft and is available in the 2nd round, as a draft and stash. but i seriously doubt that topic would go that route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felt good about the strategy to grab Matas at 4 and wait until 8 to grab Dilly... but Topic's injury really throws a monkey wrench into that plan. I still probably rate Buzelis above Dilly... but if we could go Dilly at 4 and Holland at 8 I'd still be happy, but I have doubt Holland lasts until then. Don't really want Cody Williams and he might be what you end up with at 8 if you take Dilly at 4.

I didn't want Topic, but his injury definitely is mucking things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Raptors are smart they're calling Memphis for #9
    Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "that was not difficult"
    ::sips cappuccino::

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey beat Sarr on the lane agility time with 11.19 secs to 11.43 secs
    Most surprising number I've seen so far...

Thread Information