Page 252 of 342 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 8545
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remaining games for overseas top prospects still playing:

- Topic: Adriatic league final (BO5) against Partizan
    Games on 05/13, 05/15, 05/19, 05/21, 05/25
    After that he will play Serbian league playoffs in June.

- Risacher: French league quarter final (BO3) against Nanterre
    Games on 05/16, 05/18, 05/20

- Salaün: French league quarter final (BO3) against Paris
    Games on 05/15, 05/18, 05/21

- Nunez and Dadiet: German league quarter final (BO3) against Würzburg
    Games on 05/18, 05/20, 05/22

Games will be played around 12pm CST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For fans of Jeremy Woo, RE: Risacher:

”Risacher's weaknesses

The primary hole in Risacher's profile at this stage of his career is that he's not an advanced shot-creator nor an exceptional jump-shooter. He plays a bit upright off the dribble and lacks a creative handle attacking defenders in space, which makes it hard to envision him becoming a top offensive option in the pros without a huge leap in the shot-making department. His scoring upside is tied heavily to becoming a top-flight shooter -- and while he's performing well statistically in that department this season, Risacher is a career 35.9% 3-point shooter in our database across levels.

The thought of featuring Risacher offensively right now probably requires a structured off-ball role, in which he's scoring off of more designed touches in the halfcourt, but he may not be that caliber of shooter where he warrants it. In an NBA system, Risacher is more likely to play a tertiary scoring role early in his career, spacing the floor with his shot, attacking the basket on a straight line, and allowing a lead playmaker to create opportunities for him. Risacher's all-around play has been solid and inspires some confidence in his trajectory, but to hit a high-end outcome in the pros befitting of a top draft selection, he must keep developing as a scorer. If he's just an average shooter in the long run, he may not warrant the type of capital it seems a team will have to invest to draft him.”

Risacher’s going to need a lead playmaker better than Tre, IMO. Can they get either Rob or Sheppard to optimize Risacher in that Bertans role? I sure hope so if they get him at #4.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't factor in the likelihood of each player being available at each pick, then they'd be idiots. They don't strike me as such, so I'm going to guess their reasoning is a bit more nuanced than that.
    That’s an opinion, and probably the way you’d draft, but it’s not the way they draft. Been covered many times on his board over the years. Like I said, you don’t know if those teams will be picking in those spots. That’s the reason that pick trades are usually annnounced after the fact, to obscure who is making the pick. You’re also trying to get into someone else’s head, and that often doesn’t work. None of those teams are good enough to draft around their current players, for the most part. They could all take guards for all you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remaining games for overseas top prospects still playing:

- Topic: Adriatic league final (BO5) against Partizan
    Games on 05/13, 05/15, 05/19, 05/21, 05/25
    After that he will play Serbian league playoffs in June.

- Risacher: French league quarter final (BO3) against Nanterre
    Games on 05/16, 05/18, 05/20

- Salaün: French league quarter final (BO3) against Paris
    Games on 05/15, 05/18, 05/21

- Nunez and Dadiet: German league quarter final (BO3) against Würzburg
    Games on 05/18, 05/20, 05/22

Games will be played around 12pm CST.
    If we're talking lottery, Salaun is the guy who could benefit the most from these last few games remaining in the season if he can pull a few nice outings.

I believe scouts have made their minds about Zach and Topic, but the jury is still out for Salaun who remains pretty raw and hard to project.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm reasonably high on Risacher. I would pick him at #4 but I wouldn't trade significant assets to get #2 to grab him.

Risacher is a a smart versatile player who plays the right way. The question about him is whether or not he can be more than that. He is still very young so they're some hope but his game with the ball needs a lot of work.

Spurs interest on Risacher should also depend on how they want to structure the team. If Spurs plan to add a playmaking PG like Topic or Dillingham, Risacher would be a perfect fit as 4th offensive option behind Wembanyama, that PG and Vassell. If Spurs want to go with a PG that will just set up the offense like Tre Jones, they might want to go after another kind of SF.
    Do you have on opinion of Risacher v. Buzelis if both are there at 4?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s an opinion, and probably the way you’d draft, but it’s not the way they draft. Been covered many times on his board over the years. Like I said, you don’t know if those teams will be picking in those spots. That’s the reason that pick trades are usually annnounced after the fact, to obscure who is making the pick. You’re also trying to get into someone else’s head, and that often doesn’t work. None of those teams are good enough to draft around their current players, for the most part. They could all take guards for all you know.
    In fairness, I can’t ever think of a time the spurs have been in this draft situation. I think what you say may be true when they were drafting super late in the draft. My hope and expectation is that they build in a little game theory for this particular situation— e.g., it would be foolish to take a PG at 4 if he or a reasonable facsimile will be there at 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, I can’t ever think of a time the spurs have been in this draft situation. I think what you say may be true when they were drafting super late in the draft. My hope and expectation is that they build in a little game theory for this particular situation— e.g., it would be foolish to take a PG at 4 if he or a reasonable facsimile will be there at 8.
    My whole point is, you can’t know that. Trades happen, or teams overload at positions. This may all be moot anyway if Risacher falls to 4. I’m sure they’d take him as BPA, and then whatever guard is left at 8. If he’s not there, though, I wouldn’t even pencil in a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have on opinion of Risacher v. Buzelis if both are there at 4?
    I take Zach personnaly. Seems more spursy, both in game and at ude. Buz is certainly more flashy, aggressive and of an instinctive player, but I like Risacher's "quiet" versatilty and all around game, playing team ball the right way, with high BBIQ. Batum as a decent comp I believe, Nico maybe being a bit more talented.

I second Bruno in saying he's not really a creator yet (if ever) both for him and others, and you should have a playmaker in your backcourt then (in the draft or trading for one) but spurs need one anyway, and I don't believe there's a Brandon Miiler in this draft. Givony and Woo have Risacher as a potentially "solid starter" in today's mock draft and I (modestly) agree with that.
    Last edited by JPB; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:18 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My whole point is, you can’t know that. Trades happen, or teams overload at positions. This may all be moot anyway if Risacher falls to 4. I’m sure they’d take him as BPA, and then whatever guard is left at 8. If he’s not there, though, I wouldn’t even pencil in a wing.
    the #8 pick will open some trade scenarios and Spurs will at least consider to go that route. Nets not owning a pick, but with a bag full of needs, would they do #8 plus Keldon for Bridges? (or what would it take? #8, #35, Keldon?)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the #8 pick will open some trade scenarios and Spurs will at least consider to go that route. Nets not owning a pick, but with a bag full of needs, would they do #8 plus Keldon for Bridges? (or what would it take? #8, #35, Keldon?)
    to get Bridges from Brooklyn it would take multiple 1st rd picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For fans of Jeremy Woo, RE: Risacher:

”Risacher's weaknesses

The primary hole in Risacher's profile at this stage of his career is that he's not an advanced shot-creator nor an exceptional jump-shooter. He plays a bit upright off the dribble and lacks a creative handle attacking defenders in space, which makes it hard to envision him becoming a top offensive option in the pros without a huge leap in the shot-making department. His scoring upside is tied heavily to becoming a top-flight shooter -- and while he's performing well statistically in that department this season, Risacher is a career 35.9% 3-point shooter in our database across levels.

The thought of featuring Risacher offensively right now probably requires a structured off-ball role, in which he's scoring off of more designed touches in the halfcourt, but he may not be that caliber of shooter where he warrants it. In an NBA system, Risacher is more likely to play a tertiary scoring role early in his career, spacing the floor with his shot, attacking the basket on a straight line, and allowing a lead playmaker to create opportunities for him. Risacher's all-around play has been solid and inspires some confidence in his trajectory, but to hit a high-end outcome in the pros befitting of a top draft selection, he must keep developing as a scorer. If he's just an average shooter in the long run, he may not warrant the type of capital it seems a team will have to invest to draft him.”

Risacher’s going to need a lead playmaker better than Tre, IMO. Can they get either Rob or Sheppard to optimize Risacher in that Bertans role? I sure hope so if they get him at #4.
    Zaccharie Risacher

Weaknesses: Everything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaccharie Risacher

Weaknesses: Everything

Weakness: Basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to get Bridges from Brooklyn it would take multiple 1st rd picks
    Yeah, they supposedly turned down 3 FRPs for him last year, thinking he could be a franchise guy. They found out that he isn’t one. Teams always over value their own players, though. They’ll probably still want a king’s ransom for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, they supposedly turned down 3 FRPs for him last year, thinking he could be a franchise guy. They found out that he isn’t one. Teams always over value their own players, though. They’ll probably still want a king’s ransom for him.
    I guess you are pointing at the reported Grizzlies offer? but it was also reported, that the picks would have come as lottery protected. anyway, as you said, they (and the whole league) found out he isn't a #1 or #2 player. good role player though, like in his Phoenix days. Spurs could use him. #8 plus Vassell?
    btw. not to be mistaken, I think Bridges is good, but not worth to break the bank......I just wanted to give a guess what direction Spurs might try with the second pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets would want 4 and another couple of future picks for Bridges. You still in?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs pick Topic over Dillingham I‘ma throw my TV off the balcony
    I expect them to. Be ready to buy another TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wild that Mikel bridges is about to turn 28 already. Where does the time go tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're gonna wind up with Risacher and Topic and it's gonna suck.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With so many variables I'm looking at our two picks this way right now (with the option of changing my mind again at any moment, ha):

One of the picks has to be a good shooter. One has to be a good defender. In other words, with both picks in total they can't be both bad at shooting and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just my opinion of course, but I think this result is why you kind of have to take your choice of wing at 4, and be happy with what's left of Dilly/Sheppard/Castle at 8. I would personally view Dilly/Sheppard as a suboptimal outcome in this draft... but I also admit I'm not as knowledgeable on these players as you and others.
    if the draft falls that way we’re the ones that are idiots for not drafting Cody williams at 8.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic plays like a WNBA player. Below the rim layups with poor shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously because 5 is better than 8 and Ivey is better than Keldon
    Is he?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm reasonably high on Risacher. I would pick him at #4 but I wouldn't trade significant assets to get #2 to grab him.

Risacher is a a smart versatile player who plays the right way. The question about him is whether or not he can be more than that. He is still very young so they're some hope but his game with the ball needs a lot of work.

Spurs interest on Risacher should also depend on how they want to structure the team. If Spurs plan to add a playmaking PG like Topic or Dillingham, Risacher would be a perfect fit as 4th offensive option behind Wembanyama, that PG and Vassell. If Spurs want to go with a PG that will just set up the offense like Tre Jones, they might want to go after another kind of SF.
    Interesting - thank you. Sounds like you don’t want to put eggs in basket of him being a star potential? I’m going to throw a draft combo I’d be happy with: Matas Buzelis + Risacher

Now you can use some assets via trade to land a point guard (Brogdon? Another younger one?) and get two wings for when you possibly trade Keldon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand everyone has his pet prospects and ones he doesn't like but talking about "career numbers" for a 19 kid (Risacher) as if we were talking about a 10 year vet, to make definitve judgements about his 3pt shooting is a tad abusing, if you ask me...

Specially including previous years, while this season is his first as a real starter and contributor where he shot around 40% on 3 over all compe ions, and actually a higher percentage in Eurocup (a more compe ive compe ion) than in the french league.

Not fair to the kid, imo.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone here who actually watched full games of Risacher? Asking if he’s truly worth the hype. Not a lot of access to full games and I lack a scouting perspective. After years of watching the NBA the draft is largely a crap shoot. Lots of dudes around here buy into the hype and decide based on highlights without assessing the developmental holes which prove fatal once they turn pro. How’s the level of compe ion where he plays and what signs should we be looking for which show he can transition successfully in the NBA?
    Last edited by FireMicoHalili; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:07 AM.

Thread Information