Page 235 of 238 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 5945
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Dune 2 - (9.5)

I didn't even care for Dune (6.5 at best) when it came out a couple of years ago. Too much dialogue to set things up and the action was meh at best. Now, Dune 2 is a different story. There was dialogue, but it was not drawn out and used only to set up the storyline and situations. The action was on point, and the cinematography and audio was amazing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I haven't even watched the OG Dune with Kyle Maclahalahahalahalalan

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I haven't even watched the OG Dune with Kyle Maclahalahahalahalalan
    How bout him in -The Hidden- from '87? Grade A materiel start to finish.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Chris Nolan is a bit overrated

There, I said it

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Saw that Bob Marley movie a week ago and it was trash other than the music, 2/10. Haven't seen anything good in theaters since The Iron Claw.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Chris Nolan is a bit overrated

There, I said it
    Amen. I don't get it either.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Saw that Bob Marley movie a week ago and it was trash other than the music, 2/10. Haven't seen anything good in theaters since The Iron Claw.
    ...If you can see your way clear to divulge WTF was (their) motive to do The Dutch like that, bum? Was it their old man basically?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Amen. I don't get it either.
    Well, it ain't because he's Black, because he's White. I just looked him up on the Google

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Well, it ain't because he's Black, because he's White. I just looked him up on the Google

tbh I liked BB and loved TDK

Inception was good too

But Prestige, Tenet, Dunkirk, Oppenheimer...yawn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ...If you can see your way clear to divulge WTF was (their) motive to do The Dutch like that, bum? Was it their old man basically?
    Do The Dutch like that? Sorry, not following.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Do The Dutch like that? Sorry, not following.
    Why did they all kill themselves? Was it the old man's at ude?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Why did they all kill themselves? Was it the old man's at ude?
    The movie did kind of make the old man into the villain pushing everyone into wrestling while in real life Kevin said all this brothers were super into wrestling, and one of them (Chris) shot himself because he was asthmatic and could never put on the size to be any good at it but was left out of the movie and kind of folded into the character of another brother Mike who also killed himself. Though in real life Kevin said his dad was so ed up by Kerry's suicide that he pulled a gun on him like he was going to kill Kevin (also not in the movie). But the movie had a drugged up Kerry shooting himself once he got fired from wrestling and Mike killing himself because because of the complications from his shoulder surgery that nearly killed him, though the movie made it out like his dream was to be a country singer and not a wrestler. Really good movie but pretty unfair to the dad IMO. Oh well, Hollywood is always going to twist stories.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-12-2024 at 03:29 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The movie did kind of make the old man into the villain pushing everyone into wrestling while in real life Kevin said all this brothers were super into wrestling, and one of them (Chris) shot himself because he was asthmatic and could never put on the size to be any good at it but was left out of the movie and kind of folded into the character of another brother Mike who also killed himself. Though in real life Kevin said his dad was so ed up by Kerry's suicide that he pulled a gun on him like he was going to kill Kevin (also not in the movie). But the movie had a drugged up Kerry shooting himself once he got fired from wrestling and Mike killing himself because because of the complications from his shoulder surgery that nearly killed him, though the movie made it out like his dream was to be a country singer and not a wrestler. Really good movie but pretty unfair to the dad IMO. Oh well, Hollywood is always going to twist stories.
    Grim business for sure. Thanks, bum.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Damsel: 3/10 Low-budget special effects and shallow plot. Millie Bobby Brown is gonna be around for a while though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Damsel: 3/10 Low-budget special effects and shallow plot. Millie Bobby Brown is gonna be around for a while though.
    Saw it in the listings as well last night and by passed it on a hunch. Thank goodness.

I made a list off the Internet of 6 good movies on the Prime stream. Got on there and every one of those 6 movies required a rental!

Finally settled on the FreeVee stream watching a movie called -Anabelle & Elvis- '07 starring Blake Lively as a beauty contestant and some unknown playing Elvis who in this movie is portending to be a mortician that in reality is his father's trade who is in ill health, played by Joe Montegna...he's pitiful, almost too pitiful. She dies one evening on stage and just as Elvis is about to embalm her she comes back to life. You'd think with that premise it would be a treat. No, it's goofy instead with Mary Steenburgen, Lively's mother playing a moron for no good reason.

I'm gonna brazen it out tonight and finish it.

FreeVee has commercials and this one is moderately ed with 'em, but I'm gonna do it!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    That's too bad. I liked the idea of it when I saw the preview

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Kung Fu panda 4: 2/10

Generic, bland, unfunny and I think the animation actually is worse. Felt like it should have been an episode on a cartoon series for it. It was like they took the characters and The Hero's Journey and inputted into chatgpt. Sad quick cash grab.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Kung Fu panda 4: 2/10

Generic, bland, unfunny and I think the animation actually is worse. Felt like it should have been an episode on a cartoon series for it. It was like they took the characters and The Hero's Journey and inputted into chatgpt. Sad quick cash grab.
    And fully WOKE. They're hammerin' the preview like madmen. Figures you'd sit there for the whole enchilada, Blake.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Saw it in the listings as well last night and by passed it on a hunch. Thank goodness.

I made a list off the Internet of 6 good movies on the Prime stream. Got on there and every one of those 6 movies required a rental!

Finally settled on the FreeVee stream watching a movie called -Anabelle & Elvis- '07 starring Blake Lively as a beauty contestant and some unknown playing Elvis who in this movie is portending to be a mortician that in reality is his father's trade who is in ill health, played by Joe Montegna...he's pitiful, almost too pitiful. She dies one evening on stage and just as Elvis is about to embalm her she comes back to life. You'd think with that premise it would be a treat. No, it's goofy instead with Mary Steenburgen, Lively's mother playing a moron for no good reason.

I'm gonna brazen it out tonight and finish it.

FreeVee has commercials and this one is moderately ed with 'em, but I'm gonna do it!
    Finished it last night, but it's pretentious junk all the way thru. I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Great moments in film.
    You can stop at "50."
    36 seconds in.
    It's just baseball thereafter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Great moments in film.
    Donald Pleasance: his finest hour.
    "8" & "7"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

John Carpenter & the Richards girl.
    Both at zenith.
    A flawless motion picture event of film.
    Pure.American.Film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Great moments in film.
    Arguably the finest trailer on sound track film.

"The basement"
    &
    The graveyard walk of roses.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Great moments in film.
    "Miss Columbia"
    -Double Tap-

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Bore witness a couple of real rotten ones last night.

1. "The Tree of Life" with Penn & Pitt from 2011. 2 1/2 hours of pure, unadulterated horse . Did I stay all the way? Of course I did, like a fool. It's over on Hulu, but I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with it.

2. "The Babadook" from 2014. The dog is safe again. I wouldn't hit her in the ass with this one either. It's on the Amazon stream, but just leave it there.

Hulu is carrying -Once Upon a Time in Hollywood- though and at no extra fee. It just gets better with each successive viewing. Is it flawless? No, but it's close.

Thread Information