Page 208 of 210 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210 LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5245
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's selectively comparing emissions to gdp growth over the period of globalization. When the countries ignored get our good air, their bad air got to move.
    im not sure you know what NIMBYism is

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WindBYism

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's selectively comparing emissions to gdp growth over the period of globalization. When the countries ignored get our good air, their bad air got to move.
    The air is shared.

It gives us an idea who cares.

This rhymes…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not sure you realize you've created a "yard" of a dozen nations

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ended closer to 80. Started after WWII. There's more wealth overall now but concentrated among fewer people. This isn't rocket science.
    Ah so the cold war was the most peaceful prosperous time in human history? Not sure I can agree with you on that. I do agree with you that a multipolar world is better for most people, well probably not most people but most Muricans at least. Fortunately, we're on the road to a multipolar world once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not sure you realize you've created a "yard" of a dozen nations
    China and India are a mess.
    We know this. You don’t want a view of nations who understand the future and can do something about it.
    We know it’s going to the major contributors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah so the cold war was the most peaceful prosperous time in human history? Not sure I can agree with you on that. I do agree with you that a multipolar world is better for most people, well probably not most people but most Muricans at least. Fortunately, we're on the road to a multipolar world once again.
    Multipolar used to make sure we count the horridly repressive part because that’s good for most people?
    Thats completel BS. You can make an argument that the US and some Western European countries have been horrible with colonizing and starting wars. But don’t dare act like Russia, China, Iran and North Korea as another “balancing” pole is a good thing. That’s pure Bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multipolar used to make sure we count the horridly repressive part because that’s good for most people?
    Thats completel BS. You can make an argument that the US and some Western European countries have been horrible with colonizing and starting wars. But don’t dare act like Russia, China, Iran and North Korea as another “balancing” pole is a good thing. That’s pure Bull .
    Tell it to Chump, he's the one who thinks it was the best of times for all humans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China and India are a mess.
    We know this. You don’t want a view of nations who understand the future and can do something about it.
    We know it’s going to the major contributors.
    The GDP growth cited is due to the countries that are "a mess". Ignoring that fact while comparing gdp growth to emissions in selected countries is what I would call NIMBYism. What would you call it?

There is nothing to be done about it except kick the can down the road. Limits to growth is real...eventually. There's just no reason to do anything about it now, future generations can deal with it when they have no choice. Until then we should all be grateful we were Blessed to be born at the right time, and consume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gone from "it doesn't exist don't regulate my oilco overlords" to "other countries are worse at emissions than we are so don't regulate my oilco overlords."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GDP growth cited is due to the countries that are "a mess". Ignoring that fact while comparing gdp growth to emissions in selected countries is what I would call NIMBYism. What would you call it?

There is nothing to be done about it except kick the can down the road. Limits to growth is real...eventually. There's just no reason to do anything about it now, future generations can deal with it when they have no choice. Until then we should all be grateful we were Blessed to be born at the right time, and consume.
    So boomer…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cherry picking? What does Not In My Back Yard has to do with that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortunately, we're on the road to a multipolar world once again.
    What are the other poles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah so the cold war was the most peaceful prosperous time in human history? Not sure I can agree with you on that.
    For the US and its fully recognized US citizens it absolutely was. Don't act you care beyond that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cherry picking? What does Not In My Back Yard has to do with that?
    he doesnt know what nimby means

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the US and its fully recognized US citizens it absolutely was. Don't act you care beyond that.
    So you were talking only about white male Americans when you said those were the good ole days. Got it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you were talking only about white male Americans when you said those were the good ole days. Got it.
    No. You're really bad at this.

But you've resigned the rest of your and everyone else's lives away. Understandable that all you can do is troll. Got it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he doesnt know what nimby means
    I already said why it's nimbyism. If you want to call it something else feel free.

Funny for all of the times you've cried about having a real conversation, you final bring up the interesting topic of Limits to growth vs endless growth theory and then refuse to address it beyond your original post. I've never seen anyone who can rationally defend the endless growth viewpoint that you subscribe to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. You're really bad at this.

But you've resigned the rest of your and everyone else's lives away. Understandable that all you can do is troll. Got it.
    Oh my bad. So you think the 50's, 60's and 70's were the good ole days for all Americans. How would you propose Making America Great Again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said why it's nimbyism. If you want to call it something else feel free.

Funny for all of the times you've cried about having a real conversation, you final bring up the interesting topic of Limits to growth vs endless growth theory and then refuse to address it beyond your original post. I've never seen anyone who can rationally defend the endless growth viewpoint that you subscribe to.
    the point what of what i posted is that moving away from fossil fuels doesnt mean you necessarily have to tank your economy.

sure, there are some poorer countries who dont have the infrastructure or capital (yet) to move on to different forms of energy, but it just a generally positive sign.

i dont know if endless growth is a viable thing or not, but its cool to know that it doesnt appear to be dependent on oil production and consumption

your calling it nimbyism or whatever to look at certain countries was just odd because it had nothing to do with nimbyism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my bad. So you think the 50's, 60's and 70's were the good ole days for all Americans.
    No.

Your bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point what of what i posted is that moving away from fossil fuels doesnt mean you necessarily have to tank your economy.

sure, there are some poorer countries who dont have the infrastructure or capital (yet) to move on to different forms of energy, but it just a generally positive sign.

i dont know if endless growth is a viable thing or not, but its cool to know that it doesnt appear to be dependent on oil production and consumption

your calling it nimbyism or whatever to look at certain countries was just odd because it had nothing to do with nimbyism
    The point of the tweet you posted was about the degrowth movement which is rooted in the idea of limits to growth. So if you disagree with the degrowth movement and don't believe endless growth is viable then you agree with me, kick the can down the road for a future generation to worry about. Btw, the degrowth movement isn't solely about fossil fuel and energy sources. It's about the fact that our modern capitalist economic system is destined to collapse because endless growth is a fantasy. Like I said they are correct...eventually.

And the economies of those countries grew because of globalization which has off loaded pollution/emissions to countries not included on your list. I'm still calling that nimbyism unless you have a better term. Also the reduction in emissions is primarily due to switching from coal to natural gas, it's not from a reduction in oil production and consumption. It's not like those countries electrified their transportation sector starting 30 years ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think the 50's,60's, and 70's were the most peaceful prosperous time in America for some Americans but not others. Got it.

How would you propose Making America Great Again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point of the tweet you posted was about the degrowth movement which is rooted in the idea of limits to growth. So if you disagree with the degrowth movement and don't believe endless growth is viable then you agree with me, kick the can down the road for a future generation to worry about. Btw, the degrowth movement isn't solely about fossil fuel and energy sources. It's about the fact that our modern capitalist economic system is destined to collapse because endless growth is a fantasy. Like I said they are correct...eventually.

And the economies of those countries grew because of globalization which has off loaded pollution/emissions to countries not included on your list. I'm still calling that nimbyism unless you have a better term. Also the reduction in emissions is primarily due to switching from coal to natural gas, it's not from a reduction in oil production and consumption. It's not like those countries electrified their transportation sector starting 30 years ago.
    frankly, i dont know if there is a limit to growth in the grand scheme of things. but there were a lot of "degrowth" components to climate change... ie it is so important to combat climate change that it is, in fact, worth hurting the global economy (even to the point of triggering degrowth) to accomplish those goals. it doesnt seem that this is an inevitability, because we can shift our energy away from oil without tanking economies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think the 50's,60's, and 70's were the most peaceful prosperous time in America for some Americans but not others. Got it.
    Getting closer.
    How would you propose Making America Great Again?
    Reopen all the doors you decided to shut in the late 70s and early 80s because nonwhites were being allowed through.

Got it?

Thread Information