Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1995 WCF was worse than 6 to me tbh
    Game 1 was an Elliott nightmare. Olajuwon did not come out and dominate Robinson Game 1. It was there for the taking. Elliott pulled a Ginobili '13 or Parker '15 and set the tone for the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1995 WCF was worse than 6 to me tbh
    This. In 2013, we had 4 les to look back on. In 1995, we had zero, and we had no sign that the franchise would recover after getting completely flattened in their best chance at a le. Without the freak luck in the '97 lottery it would have all been downhill from there. Just another team with a memorable star who could never put enough of a team together to have a serious shot at the le. Like the Garnett Timberwolves, maybe.

Nearly 2 decades of Timmy and Pop make it hard to remember what that was like for a lot of folks, but no one had the slightest inkling we'd be hoisting a trophy in 4 years at that point.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phone auto-correct
    I thought you did that on purpose and it was quite brilliant.

Mourning the next day...
    Pretend you did.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 1 was an Elliott nightmare. Olajuwon did not come out and dominate Robinson Game 1. It was there for the taking. Elliott pulled a Ginobili '13 or Parker '15 and set the tone for the series.
    Then Rodman statpadding for the rebound and leaving Horry open for the gamewinner to seal it. Then Rodman coming out in a must win Game 2 and jacking up three 3 pointers in the first quarter. In the age of social media Bynum got crucified for doing it once in a meaningless regular season game but head Rodman does it three times in the WCF down 0-1 and get his sorry ass benched for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, whoever said the series was over going down 0-2 headed to Houston was wrong. The series came back to San Antonio tied up 2-2 and Rodman got into it with Hill I guess and showed up late for shoot around or something like that. That idiot would have his political stands during timeouts and made sure the cameras caught him not giving a . Game 5 was doomed from the start. I'm not saying '13 Finals were easier to stomach but the city was crushed just the same in '95. I would say '95 and '06 were more difficult for me because of losing the in state rivalries. In '13 we could say at least we have 4 les. What could we say in '95? We were still the soft, never was franchise.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
    truth bomb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. , going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.
    damn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CRAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWLING INNNNN MYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIN, THEEEESE WOUUUUUUUNDS THEEY WIIIIILLLLLL NOOOOOT HEEEAAAAALLLLLL

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks.. I think the unusual pain came/comes from things like:
    1. The absolute certainty that the le was in the bag. Spurs had almost complete control of that outcome.
    2. The unexpected run. Spurs were supposed to have their le window closed.
    3. The opponent. The Lebrons and their hype were going to be beaten.

At least for me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't hurt anymore. Sunday, June 15, 2014 made it all better. That le made what happened the year before the start of the story (and one of the best comeback stories in sports history, at that), not the end of it.

Tim Duncan said it best: "It makes last year ok."

Let it go. At the end of the story, we beat the Heat down so badly that we broke the Superfriends up and sent Lebron back to Cleveland.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This seems like an eternity ago… dark times for this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it sting?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why people make fun of it? life is not the same since that trauma, the suffer still exist big time, those terrified moments still hunting and hurt the soul, forever flashbacks in so many ways will come to sting you and make you think what if and how much heaven we missed and instead got biggest mourning, being on the verge of the most exciting and sweet le and losing it in the most cruel way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legendary thread tbh

In Bud We Trust SquawkinHawkBigCock's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count