View Poll Results: Will the Spurs Tank the 24-25 Season?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 23.53%
  • No

39 76.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't tank, but ideally, they won't be adding much help either before the '25 summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, you’re not going to convince everyone about your opinion on this. Just stop it. I don’t go on this board to see you on every thread spouting the same .

scott this is the that I was talking about. You aren’t nearly in the same category as this, and I find your posts way more insightful than the recycled trash this guy posts. But… you expressed love for John B so I will try to channel my inner good side and find love for all people.
    "Bro", more than of half of this site and spurs fans think alike... You're not gonna make anyone stop posting what they want just because it hurt your liitle feelings and well being.

And I'm not going on this board to see guys like our good, old "keeping track" Dejounte who can't stand people think differently and takes everything so personnally and emotionnally that he can't help calling out everyone or everything he disagrees with...

You're cute Dejounte, by far from being the smartest cat in this forum, and I mean very far (I'll leave it at that). And while it's pretty clear for eveyone this board is a way for you to get whatever empowerment or self gratification you believe you can with your contrarian takes, or pseudo superior knowledge about the draft, keep your sweet attempts at patronzing me for whoever else will care. This isn't your board, deal with it or put me on ignore if it affects you so much.

And for the sake of it, maybe people will stop saying this roster has no talent when people will stop saying it has... But hey, "bro", let's keep track and see who on this roster is still here in 3 years, or has an important role on this team...

Peace.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 01:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Bro", more than of half of this site and spurs fans think alike... You're not gonna make anyone stop posting what they want just because it hurt your liitle feelings and well being.

And I'm not going on this board to see guys like our good, old "keeping track" Dejounte who can't stand people think differently and takes everything so personnally and emotionnally that he can't help calling out everyone or everything he disagrees with...

You're cute Dejounte, by far from being the smartest cat in this forum, and I mean very far (I'll leave it at that). And while it's pretty clear for eveyone this board is a way for you to get whatever empowerment or self gratification you believe you can with your contrarian takes, or pseudo superior knowledge about the draft, keep your sweet attempts at patronzing me for whoever else will care. This isn't your board, deal with it or put me on ignore if it affects you so much.

And for the sake of it, maybe people will stop saying this roster has no talent when people will stop saying it has, or when they'll win more than 22 games in a season, or when they wont be terrible on the court anymore,or when their coach will look like he know what he's doing...

But hey, "bro", let's keep track and see who on this roster is still here in 3 years, or has a really important on this team...

Peace.
    It seems like you took that “Bro” statement a little too personally. I remembered you aren’t American, so you don’t get it. I interact with plenty of people here with differing opinions. It’s your repeated, boring, and tedious takes that irk me. I don’t know why you often bring up my intelligence, unless you’re so insecure about your own. The board was in a better state before you started being a more active poster about a year ago tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbqh imo, I like Dejounte posts and JPB posts, tbh.

Don’t know the source of the beef, but seems like there is plenty of room in the tent for ya’lls. We aren’t talking ducks/T Park level bad here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like you took that “Bro” statement a little too personally. I remembered you aren’t American, so you don’t get it. I interact with plenty of people here with differing opinions. It’s your repeated, boring, and tedious takes that irk me. I don’t know why you often bring up my intelligence, unless you’re so insecure about your own. The board was in a better state before you started being a more active poster about a year ago tbh.
    Look dejounte, I'm not gonna enter the "I'm smarter than you" or "Let me have the last word" games. I'm way past that in my Internet life (and I'm smarter anyway...). None of this having any kind of importance, we would probably hug each other, would we meet as spurs fans we both are.

The reason why I brought your intelligence is because you're precisely constantly questioning the ones of members you're disagreeing with (I don't believe calling people's takes "trash", like you did in your previous post, is exactly a mark of respect...).

Anyway, I'm still not sure why you take this whole thing so emotionnally, personnally, (and agressivily), but if you hate me so much, just put me on ignore. Problem solved. And don't worry for this board or for me, there's plenty of cool posters I enjoy sharing opinions with, and don't seem to detest it...

I'm gonna put you on ignore too now, because this is honestly becoming a bit too freaky and sick to my taste. And I'm not here for that.
    Last edited by JPB; 1 Week Ago at 02:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t matter if they purposely tank or not. We have a bottom 2 roster in the West. Detroit and Washington and Charlotte will suck again next year. The wild card is Toronto. So that puts us in the 6-7 range next year in the draft.

Nothing really changes next year. Our coaching is the same. Our players still are auditioning for jobs to play alongside Wemby. We won’t have good veterans on our team. We have zero great assistants on our coaching staff. And Pop won’t play Wemby more than 30 minutes a game. So what grand improvement are you expecting?

Sochan is a bench player on a good team. He’s a starter on ours. Vassell is a chucker on a bad team. Jones is a bench player on a good team. Champ is literally not a player at all on a good team. Collins isn’t worth his extension and will continue to show it. Besides Wemby, what improvements are you expecting from others? I’m interested to hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of people got confidence in Flagg and he hasn't played a single college game yet. It's not hard to look like a monster against a bunch of 6 foot high schoolers. If Popovich decides to have another losing season with 2 lottery picks and wemby says, "get me the out of here. Trade me now", I don't blame him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2025 Tanking Crew In the House...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three straight lottery wins is doable. Flagg may be worth it from what we're hearing today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2025 Tanking Crew In the House...
    Fk that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three straight lottery wins is doable. Flagg may be worth it from what we're hearing today
    Cant waste another wemby's season.. the kid wants to win now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant waste another wemby's season.. the kid wants to win now
    and if they do and he wants out, don't blame him(as most of you will). He's confident in his ability and wants to win NOW. Not in 2030

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs already have the best prospect in 20 years on the roster.
    Alongside him, two starters are #9 and #11 picks, respectively.
    Another #12 pick should've been in there, but he was a bust.

This year we'll add #4 and #8.

Starting lineup next season should be: #8, #11, #4, #9, #1.
    If there's still a need to tank after all those lottery picks, then we need an entire new front office.

I don't care about Flaggs or any other prospects. Spurs built around Duncan with very little.
    Now we've got a lot to build around Wemby.
    I've seen all 164 games from the past two seasons, I wouldn't be able to take another season of tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shouldnt tank, but they also should spend assets to bring good player. I doubt #4 and #8 will be trade, and outside Keldon, any bigger trade would be future assets in pick and swaps, rather than Collins, Brahnam, Wesley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring a significant injury to Victor, they absolutely should not tank tbh.

They would not be able to withstand the narrative of "wasting" two years of Wemby's rookie deal and I honestly think it'd piss of Victor very much.

They also have Atlanta's pick so it's possible they still get a crack at a high lottery pick even if it's not their own.

Blatant "Tanking" would absolutely be dumb AF.
    It would be very stupid. Here is a guy that's projected to be the next big thing and having 2 seasons combined winning a little over 40 games while being rested in his rookie contract, he's gonna want out. Because you're going to have family members on social media reading how he's "overrated" and can't win, knowing that the popovich is holding the team back. I don't expect us to win this season at all, but another 20-win season would be absolutely absurd with TWO LOTTERY PICKS TO GO WITH THE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs already have the best prospect in 20 years on the roster.
    Alongside him, two starters are #9 and #11 picks, respectively.
    Another #12 pick should've been in there, but he was a bust.

This year we'll add #4 and #8.

Starting lineup next season should be: #8, #11, #4, #9, #1.
    If there's still a need to tank after all those lottery picks, then we need an entire new front office.

I don't care about Flaggs or any other prospects. Spurs built around Duncan with very little.
    Now we've got a lot to build around Wemby.
    I've seen all 164 games from the past two seasons, I wouldn't be able to take another season of tanking.
    This is what the fuk I'm saying. If you have been in an NBA front office with 7 lottery picks in 6 years, the best player of the future on your team, and TWO lottery picks this year(one being top 5) and you still can't win games, something is wrong and the entire front office AND coaching staff should be relieved of their duties. Because let's say they tank this season for Flagg(that I'm sure no one has watched his full games), and we don't get the 1st pick. Then what? Another tank in 2025-26?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t matter if they purposely tank or not. We have a bottom 2 roster in the West. Detroit and Washington and Charlotte will suck again next year. The wild card is Toronto. So that puts us in the 6-7 range next year in the draft.

Nothing really changes next year. Our coaching is the same. Our players still are auditioning for jobs to play alongside Wemby. We won’t have good veterans on our team. We have zero great assistants on our coaching staff. And Pop won’t play Wemby more than 30 minutes a game. So what grand improvement are you expecting?

Sochan is a bench player on a good team. He’s a starter on ours. Vassell is a chucker on a bad team. Jones is a bench player on a good team. Champ is literally not a player at all on a good team. Collins isn’t worth his extension and will continue to show it. Besides Wemby, what improvements are you expecting from others? I’m interested to hear.
    Yes, the Spurs roster is bad outside of Wemby. These players showed little to no improvement from two years ago to this past year.

The Spurs have already come out and said don't expect any major roster shakeup with a big trde, so expect the two rookie draft picks and maybe a weak role player addition and rolling out the same team.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what the fuk I'm saying. If you have been in an NBA front office with 7 lottery picks in 6 years, the best player of the future on your team, and TWO lottery picks this year(one being top 5) and you still can't win games, something is wrong and the entire front office AND coaching staff should be relieved of their duties. Because let's say they tank this season for Flagg(that I'm sure no one has watched his full games), and we don't get the 1st pick. Then what? Another tank in 2025-26?
    There are many other great prospects in next year's draft. Ace Bailey is going to be great.

Spurs are still going to need to add a second all star level player with Wemby if they want to be contenders and build a dynasty with multiple les.

There is no one on the current roster who will become that 2nd star(I don't care how many years you want to give them, they aren't talented enough) and this year's draft picks aren't likely to be that 2nd all star level player so it's going to take a high draft pick in 2025 to get the 2nd star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we take Topic and Salaun, like rascal thinks we will, then yes - we are tanking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they make no roster moves aside from drafting then they're tanking. Pops already on record saying couple years back they're projected to be good again in 3 years. Wemby knows this so it's not like he's being caught off guard. Their goal is another dynasty, not just build a playoff team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot the point that wemby playing Olympics so yes the Spurs gonna handle him with kid gloves again to allow his body to recover. Not sure how much development a player can make who's constantly playing rather than honing skills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not tanking but I think they’ll stand pat (not popular opinion). They will draft their future “starting point guard” (and athletic wing), but keeping Tre at starting PG until Reed/Dilly/Castle or whoever takes it from him. See where the team at while Wemby continues to get stronger, and by trade deadline maybe see some moves (Graham, Collins and even Keldon). Class 2025 promises to be a deep draft, plus potential big names from FA who could be enticed to pair with Wemby, possible package of assets, picks to sign an all-star(s) (Lauri, Donovan, Ingram). So forget about getting Murray back, or pairing Wemby with Trae. Spurs are staying pat. Maybe get in the play-in but expectedly losing. 2025-26 is when Spurs go all in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they choose TOPIC and SALAUN in the draft...we will be tanking for 2025.

They'll sit TOPIC "we need to let his knee heal properly"...and they'll say SALAUN is a development project. Which he most definitely is.

If they choose who I want, SHEPPARD and KNECHT...then they're serious.

We shall see

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the knows? They are a rudderless ship, and nobody on the coaching staff gives me any reassurance that anything will change.

The 2013-2014 team was full of vets who knew how to play and how to win together. This team looks like the same hands-off management style. The result on the court doesn't end up looking that different from tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not tanking but I think they’ll stand pat (not popular opinion). They will draft their future “starting point guard” (and athletic wing), but keeping Tre at starting PG until Reed/Dilly/Castle or whoever takes it from him. See where the team at while Wemby continues to get stronger, and by trade deadline maybe see some moves (Graham, Collins and even Keldon). Class 2025 promises to be a deep draft, plus potential big names from FA who could be enticed to pair with Wemby, possible package of assets, picks to sign an all-star(s) (Lauri, Donovan, Ingram). So forget about getting Murray back, or pairing Wemby with Trae. Spurs are staying pat. Maybe get in the play-in but expectedly losing. 2025-26 is when Spurs go all in.
    Spurs don't even sniff the play in if they stay pat. they're still bottom of the pack, for a third year in a row, specially if they have to give time to one or two rookies from this draft... Rockets missed it last year and were 41-41. Spurs are not passing one team in the top 11 this past season. Also add MEM getting Ja back...

As far as the 2025 class, we still don't know how many game changers or potential stars we will find there. One Cooper (who still has to prove he's elite) doesn't make a whole class elite or deep.
    Last edited by JPB; 6 Days Ago at 04:35 AM.

Thread Information