Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weiskamp and McDermott are our version of the splash bros!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 6’6”, has a 41” vert, and shot 36% on treys in Austin last year on 6 atts per game. He’ll be fine once the nba game slows down for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s 6’6”, has a 41” vert, and shot 36% on treys in Austin last year on 6 atts per game. He’ll be fine once the nba game slows down for him.
    He was a 3pt sniper at Iowa. His skillset makes more sense for us versus KDP and Alize Johnson. I’d like to see Weis, Roby and Langford take the final roster spots but all 3 are a poor training camp away from being snipped.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought he could be a Duncan Robinson for us. Athletic and can shoot.
    Exactly. I think it makes sense to keep this guy around. He's young. If this team starts panning out a couple of years from now he's the exact kind of shooting role player that teams covet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never saw him do much to solidify his place on the team last year when he got some minutes. I think I;d rather watch some other players on the court TBH
    He got 200 minutes as a two way. 200 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a good signing. The guy is athletic and can shoot. It’s not like he’s a starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got 200 minutes as a two way. 200 minutes.
    I meant I didn't see any outstanding skillset during his minutes that would keep him above some of the new players. However, I don't get the big bucks for coaching so I have to assume that the coaches see something I don't. If they want to keep him, I am good with it. Not excited, but good with their decision. Unlike many folks on this website I trust the coaches to make the right decisions 99% of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think folks are still stuck in the old way of thinking. The Spurs have so many players with potential. They have seven players drafted in the first round on their rookie deals. And that's not mentioning guys like Jones who was drafted at the same spot the year before and is showing more or even guys like Collins, KBD and Roby who were drafted in a similar range or higher who are young vets. That's 11 players the team could be "trying to get a look at". Then you have Poeltl, Richardson, McDermott and Dieng. Good players/ prospects with some hope are going to end up being cut as a part of these moves. You just have to accept that. It's not enough to be worthy of a look. I like that he's going to have to win a spot in camp rather than have the money guaranteed, but I don't think he has a big leg up. He has to show more than he did last year, whether he "gets a chance" or not. Roster crunches are only going to get tighter as the rebuild progresses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant I didn't see any outstanding skillset during his minutes that would keep him above some of the new players. However, I don't get the big bucks for coaching so I have to assume that the coaches see something I don't. If they want to keep him, I am good with it. Not excited, but good with their decision. Unlike many folks on this website I trust the coaches to make the right decisions 99% of the time.
    He received very limited playing time his first year and while he played 3 yrs at Iowa he’s up against Alize Johnson, Romeo Landgord and KBD who are all further along their development and nothing to write home about in their respective talents.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To my way of thinking what to do with KBD will be one of the more difficult decisions. If we were close to or were a contending team he would be a good end of the bench player who could fill in at times when needed. However now it appears he would be taking a spot and minutes from the search for and development of young talent. Of course his positive at ude ect. would be a plus to the team with all the young guys at this time. I think this is a tough one .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhg....but you are not wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To my way of thinking what to do with KBD will be one of the more difficult decisions. If we were close to or were a contending team he would be a good end of the bench player who could fill in at times when needed. However now it appears he would be taking a spot and minutes from the search for and development of young talent. Of course his positive at ude ect. would be a plus to the team with all the young guys at this time. I think this is a tough one .
    There really isn’t anything tough about it. We know what we have in him. A fringe NBA player who is 26. Probably isn’t going to turn into much more but probably has an end of the bench role somewhere. He only beat out Luka because of Luka’s poor at ude.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really isn’t anything tough about it. We know what we have in him. A fringe NBA player who is 26. Probably isn’t going to turn into much more but probably has an end of the bench role somewhere. He only beat out Luka because of Luka’s poor at ude.
    Actually, at this point I totally agree, the total focus must be on finding and developing young talent that can improve the future .

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lil Weezy’s athleticism for the most part didn’t transfer from what I saw. The vert was there on rare occasion but I thought his lateral quickness was bad, or he just doesn’t project as a good defender perhaps.

But hey. Splashtown Brothers!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, drafting a PF at #9 probably spelled the end of the KBD era. I like him, but Roby probably has the edge. He's a couple of years younger, and can shoot the 3 reasonably well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm dialing down my expectations to the Slosh Brothers (TM)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step Brothers!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the laugh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No respect for Splashtown, former lame SA water park? Lol.

https://youtu.be/-tAZxApQG5Q

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do they stand up to the twin towers 2.0 (blair and bonner)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aka the Twin Turds? Or was that a different duo?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think folks are still stuck in the old way of thinking. The Spurs have so many players with potential. They have seven players drafted in the first round on their rookie deals. And that's not mentioning guys like Jones who was drafted at the same spot the year before and is showing more or even guys like Collins, KBD and Roby who were drafted in a similar range or higher who are young vets. That's 11 players the team could be "trying to get a look at". Then you have Poeltl, Richardson, McDermott and Dieng. Good players/ prospects with some hope are going to end up being cut as a part of these moves. You just have to accept that. It's not enough to be worthy of a look. I like that he's going to have to win a spot in camp rather than have the money guaranteed, but I don't think he has a big leg up. He has to show more than he did last year, whether he "gets a chance" or not. Roster crunches are only going to get tighter as the rebuild progresses.
    True. But given the fact that they drafted him 41st only a year ago (granted, he's already 23 and in limited viewing didn't look like an NBA player last season) and that they're neither deep on the wings or in terms of shooting (especially considering Richardson and to a lesser extent McDermott probably aren't long for here), I like his chances.

Yeah, drafting a PF at #9 probably spelled the end of the KBD era. I like him, but Roby probably has the edge. He's a couple of years younger, and can shoot the 3 reasonably well.
    Not only a four, but one who'll fill the need of of big wing defender. Without being the only credible option to do so and not really offering much else, it's likely they prioritize Wieskamp's (theoretical) shooting, Roby's relatively well rounded play and Johnson's rebounding instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the worst part of this signing is having to endure mul roll's onslaught of crappy memes and banal jokes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent signing for this team. As far as who is gonna start, I say everyone and no one. It is gonna be that kind of year.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WIES STACKKKEDDD

Thread Information