2021-22 AAC Rookie of the Year
    2021-22 All-AAC - 1st Team
    2021-22 Wooden Award - Preseason
    2022 All-AAC Tournament

How is this a response to what I said about he can’t shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I agree. If he's at 9 I wouldn't think twice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Sochan is the move Spurs. Don't overthink this. He's the 4 this team desperately needs.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably would be better utilized on a different team. If we drafted him, then I imagine we'd have to be trading Yak on draft night at the same time. But if we're trading Yak, then wouldn't be prioritize trying to move up higher in the draft and so then why would we be drafting Duren. Point is: lots of variables. There are scenarios where he could fit on the team but more scenarios where he doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Growing up in the 80s and 90s, I loved college basketball. However, once I graduate college in 2001, my love for the sport started to wane a bit. I still followed UT and TAMU-CC, though. However, in the last 15 years or so, it became unwatchable for me. I swear, every game was 3 minutes of action, mostly whistles and FTs, followed by 1 or 2 minutes of commercials. The games no longer had the flow they had in the 80s and 90s. There were really no teams like the Runnin Rebels or Loyola Marymount. A lot of the scores were in the low 60s to mid 50s. There was a lot more "ME" ball going on. Also, with the change in the NBA rules, the whole one and done thing really damaged the college product, at least in my eyes. The NBA should have just left it open for HS grads to enter the draft. College was flourishing under the old NBA rules. Some players did leave early, but others stayed 3-4 years and honed their skills, while also maturing and getting an education.

I am a Longhorns and Islanders fan. I found the Horns very hard to watch. Though they didn't have much success under Penders, they were fun as to watch....Mays, Rencher, and Wright. Under Barnes, for the first half of his coaching tenure, they were fun to watch, no so much in the latter years. They were an eyesore under Shaka. This past season, they had all these supposedly good players, but they had no chemistry. Beard was able to have chemistry in Lubbock. It was only his first year, so we will see.

Anyway, back to my point. Since I do not watch the games, I really on player scouting reports and videos about the good, bad, and ugly of a player's game. I also take into account some of the posters on here, who seem to have watched the games and have valuable input into certain players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, what if the Spurs were to draft Sochan, Jovic, and Kessler in the first round? That is 2 PFs and a C. Then, in the 2nd round SG Gabriele Procida.

Let's say we also keep Richardson and Walker

PG - Murray, Jones, Primo
    SG - Vassell, Walker, Procida
    SF - Johnson, Richardson, Wieskamp?
    PF - Zollins, Jovic, Sochan
    C - Poeltl, Landale, Kessler

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is there at 9 you have to take him cause the price on Poeltl is going to go up significantly after next season. Poeltl at 9 million is ok. Poeltl at 15 million is unbearable. Spurs have an obvious hole at power forward that needs fixing...but they also are one year away from a hole at center or vastly overpaying for a center.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is there at 9 you have to take him cause the price on Poeltl is going to go up significantly after next season. Poeltl at 9 million is ok. Poeltl at 15 million is unbearable. Spurs have an obvious hole at power forward that needs fixing...but they also are one year away from a hole at center or vastly overpaying for a center.
    2 years ago most guys in here thought that 9 mio. is an massive overpay for Poeltl and didn't want to pay more than 5 mio. Who knows? Perhaps he's worth 15 mio. per in two years. And with the salary cap rising...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be gone by 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling the Spurs are not going to get their targets and draft the best available player…a combo guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea but from various posters combined there are about a dozen guys who will be gone by the 9th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this a response to what I said about he can’t shoot

I highly doubt a dude that cannot shoot would win all of those awards. That's a big time response to what you said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind drafting Duren at all at 9 if PATFO are legitimately thinking about shopping Jakob for a legit 4. That really wouldn't be a bad idea tbh, hypothetically speaking trading Jakob and some fillers for John Collins and drafting Duren is the move for sure imo if that was possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the does Spurstalk think every 5 can play 4
    Because 5 is the new 4?

SMH...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Durens one and done numbers compared to Joel Embiids

Duren

Career

G

PTS

TRB

AST

FG%

FG3%

FT%

eFG%

PER

WS

Embiid

Career

G

PTS

TRB

AST

FG%

FG3%

FT%

eFG%

PER

WS

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the does Spurstalk think every 5 can play 4
    I don't but I also don't watch a whole lot of college ball. A lot of the college D1 teams seem to have guys playing PF that are fairly small by nba PF standards or don't have a lot of speed. So I tend to ask about how people who may watch more college ball about the mobility and face up game about more mobile college centers. Also lots of folks who have been around spurstalk a few years tend to have Duncan memories and the last 4 years of Duncan while timmy was still listed as a PF was really a center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm open to being convinced why he will be good. All the highlights I see are dunks. A very few decent to, at worst, line drive jumpers. Feel for the game seems low. I could see him dropping. But he's an obviously insane physical specimen. But it seems he would have to develop a lot of skills. Or, you'd have to believe that his college system held him back, and I think that team was somewhat dysfunctional, if I remember correctly. The center from Duke might get picked before him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren is not a power forward, yet, he’d still be an amazing pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Sochan is the move Spurs. Don't overthink this. He's the 4 this team desperately needs.
    I’m a fan of Sochan too, but let’s not act like he doesn’t have holes in his game either, especially offensively. Both of these guys are super young though (18) and either would be a solid pick if we stay at 9 imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted this in the draft thread 3 months ago. Figured I’d repost it here.

Jalen Duren and Memphis about to upset #6 Houston on the road. He’s had a solid game with 14 pts & 10 boards on 5/7 shooting. Had a couple nice dunks and a big put-back jam late. Have to remember he’s a year younger than most the Freshman in this draft. Should be a Senior in High School as he just turned 18 in November.

He’s got a long ways to go in terms of offense but his upside is as high as anyone in this draft outside of Chet imo. 6’10 250 lb athletes like that don’t grow on trees. His size, athleticism, coordination, and defensive potential can’t be ignored.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posted this in the draft thread 3 months ago. Figured I’d repost it here.
    Solid assessment. I'm still trying to figure out his intangibles, so to speak. I feel like he will be available when we pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am personally not a fan of Duke players in the NBA, especially their bigs. As good as their bigs have been while at Durham, they have been average at best in the NBA.

Wait a minute Duren played at Memphis....nevermind....I still don't like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, Houston is gonna be scary good and deep in a few years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm open to being convinced why he will be good. All the highlights I see are dunks. A very few decent to, at worst, line drive jumpers. Feel for the game seems low. I could see him dropping. But he's an obviously insane physical specimen. But it seems he would have to develop a lot of skills. Or, you'd have to believe that his college system held him back, and I think that team was somewhat dysfunctional, if I remember correctly. The center from Duke might get picked before him.

He started to hit more jumpshot last two months of the season. You will see dunks in highlights but he really improve
    Feel for the game improved during the season also, not a bad passer.

His team was bad wich don't help him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He started to hit more jumpshot last two months of the season. You will see dunks in highlights but he really improve
    Feel for the game improved during the season also, not a bad passer.

His team was bad wich don't help him.
    Yeah, Penny said when they hit the top ten rankings, everyone (looking at you Emoni Bates) started playing for themselves. If we’re picking at 9, I have no problem picking an 18 YO who’s already some showing signs. He will be only a month older than Primo was when drafted.

Thread Information