Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great article. Thank you for posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why will I be disappointed if LMA is awesome in the playoffs? Nah, I'll be fine with the Spurs having matchup nightmare dominating. But that's not going to happen. If you don't think Tim's role will expand in the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you. Duncan is alpha on this team, and that's not going to change. That's especially true given that teams will probably focus to stop LMA, giving Tim a more favorable situation.
    Tim's role WILL NOT expand next playoffs as compared to last playoffs. Not even close. Sorry to break it to you.

much likely his role will diminish considerably. which is all good because he needs to pass the torch as he is one foot in retirement. I'd be surprised to see Duncan log over 25 minutes per game next playoffs. (you can take this information to the bank)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20ppg is great from a bigman. especially if he can get double digits rebounds.

I'd be happy with that. thinking ppl expect 25ppg+ from aldridge
    Most people here expect aldige to score around 20-22..

I find that unlikely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bosh was better than Aldridge during his time with the Raptors and briefly with Miami. Aldridge has been better than Bosh since 2012. Bosh' advantage over Aldridge was his superior athleticism which Aldridge lacked. Bosh has athletically declined the last few years. Aldridge's offensive game is currently better than Bosh's and Aldridge has a better post up game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people here expect aldige to score around 20-22..

I find that unlikely.
    ok. if you gonna make a big deal about a mere 2ppg.

I myself would be happy with 18-19ppg. with 10+ rebounds. We have Kawhi to log in another 16ppg and that should be good enough to give us a fair chance at games. (parker would need to put up another 15ppg and our bench a minimum 35ppg of course)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's role WILL NOT expand next playoffs as compared to last playoffs. Not even close. Sorry to break it to you.

much likely his role will diminish considerably. which is all good because he needs to pass the torch as he is one foot in retirement. I'd be surprised to see Duncan log over 25 minutes per game next playoffs. (you can take this information to the bank)
    Tim is still better than Aldridge, so yeah, he's going to get his touches. Again, when you have guys gameplanning to stop LMA, it's going to be even more obvious that Tim's touches will increase. LMA is part of the roster, not its new foundation. The team isn't going to force it to him just because you want to believe they will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi won't be putting up less number specially now

He averaged 21 in the last 4 months what makes you think he'll go down to 16?

2ppg is huge in a long season...

Tim will still have a major role offensively..Why wouldn't he, when he's playing alongside a player with a huge defensive pull in aldridge?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course Kawhi will put up less points. The ball will be going through LamAlpha

wake up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course Kawhi will put up less points. The ball will be going through LamAlpha

wake up
    While LMAlpha is a funny nickname, I hope Aldridge has more realistic expectations of his role than you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim is still better than Aldridge
    nope. he is absolutely not.

Again, when you have guys gameplanning to stop LMA, it's going to be even more obvious that Tim's touches will increase. LMA is part of the roster, not its new foundation. The team isn't going to force it to him just because you want to believe they will.
    this is silly. Opponents will concentrate on LamAlpha from day 1 of the season. There will be no such "increase" of defensive pressure on Lamarcus thats silly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wake up
    I'm going to have to make a new thread tomorrow about Kawhi increasing in offensive load instead of decreasing.

Watxh as the average fan make it sound like they also knew all along a season from now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While LMAlpha is a funny nickname, I hope Aldridge has more realistic expectations of his role than you do.
    LMAlpha I like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to have to make a new thread tomorrow about Kawhi increasing in offensive load instead of decreasing.

Watxh as the average fan make it sound like they also knew all along a season from now.
    why do tomorrow what you can do today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully.

One aspect of LMA's game that was never utilized properly in the Blazers system was his passing. The guy is a great passer. I know people would disagree with me, and he didn't have that much opportunities passing the game to a big or a wing..a few sure, but the guy is one of the better passers in the league.

I'm existed to see Tim and LMA play off each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope. he is absolutely not.
    Well, there's really nothing I can say if you're gonna argue that.

this is silly. Opponents will concentrate on LamAlpha from day 1 of the season. There will be no such "increase" of defensive pressure on Lamarcus thats silly
    Or this. The level of strategy in the post-season is much higher than it is in the regular season. There's a reason why those seven-game series often have different outcomes from the regular-season series (Dallas and Spurs in 2014 and Brooklyn and Atlanta last year being two prime examples).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how people think TD would just be a this guy in the offense.

This is Tim's opportunity to get the easiest baskets of his life with Aldridge playing.

Watching Robin Lopez try to play offense with Aldridge

It's going to be fun seeing the haters wrong about Timmy..Thinking all of a sudden he's going to some guy in the offense.

Tim will have an equal or more PPG/usage and minute next season....tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or this. The level of strategy in the post-season is much higher than it is in the regular season. There's a reason why those seven-game series often have different outcomes from the regular-season series (Dallas and Spurs in 2014 and Brooklyn and Atlanta last year being two prime examples).
    so you are saying defenses don't concentrate on Lebron, or Curry in the regular season? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you are saying defenses don't concentrate on Lebron, or Curry in the regular season? lol
    "Concentrate" in the context of the regular season is not the same thing at all as it is in the post-season. Do you think the Spurs defended James the same way (and with the same intensity) during those regular-season games as they did in the Finals? Seriously?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim will have an equal or more PPG/usage and minute next season....tbh
    only if we're injured like last season (splitter). No way Duncan logs over 35mpg in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Concentrate" in the context of the regular season is not the same thing at all as it is in the post-season. Do you think the Spurs defended James the same way (and with the same intensity) during those regular-season games as they did in the Finals? Seriously?
    I will concede the defensive effort goes from about 80% to 100% in the post season. But that's all across the board. That does not change the defensive schemes. they are the same. on a given day the opposing coach will try to stop the best players to win the game. that does not change, thus what you claim won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will concede the defensive effort goes from about 80% to 100% in the post season. But that's all across the board. That does not change the defensive schemes. they are the same. on a given day the opposing coach will try to stop the best players to win the game. that does not change, thus what you claim won't happen.
    So you're in the "D-Rob was a choker" camp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're in the "D-Rob was a choker" camp?
    did he win anything without Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did he win anything without Duncan?
    So you're in the "D-Rob was a choker" camp. Sure seems like basketball is just throwing a round object through a hoop to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're in the "D-Rob was a choker" camp. Sure seems like basketball is just throwing a round object through a hoop to you.
    never said that. Maybe he just wasn't good enough.

back on topic....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to have weapons at every position on the floor and LMA's presence is going to open things up for everyone. LMA won't have to produce the same numbers he had in Portland but its nice to know he isn't the sort of player that will get lost in the system or shrink in big games like Bosh did. If given a choice between Bosh and LMA, its Aldridge and its not even close. My hope is that Kawhi won't feel pressured to be an offensive juggernaut and can just focus on being a complete player and difference maker. There will be no double-teaming this Spurs starting five. They will absolute kill teams.

Thread Information