Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What angle? He usually blurts out whatever ty take comes to mind and often ends up contradicting himself, but he actually came up with a seriously good take this time....
    Surely you haven't noticed the love fest CN. His face lights up whenever he talks about Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh iverson had a big role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an argument that can definitely be made. Doesn't necessarily mean he's "better" but he has primary responsibility on both ends, doesn't have Pippens/Rodmans to take the assignments. He literally destroyed Joe Johnson defensively to close the game, and he did a great job on Parker in the Finals last year.
    Calm down there...

Parker was playing injured last year in the finals

Lebron's defense on Joe Johnson tonight wasn't exactly a crucial on-the-line play

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Id rather play for a Lebron or Magic anyday than an MJ. He was a nightmare to play with, guys like him and Kobe make sure to make your life . But they're winners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was right when he said Portland/Brooklyn were going fishing
    He initially said Portland over the OLD Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    snatching stats from others from contributing, the same sort of klove/kg was doing on the wolves....so whats the point of paying for the other 11 guys on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now he has good basketball takes?
    Only when he is fellating Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be true tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Id rather play for a Lebron or Magic anyday than an MJ. He was a nightmare to play with, guys like him and Kobe make sure to make your life . But they're winners.
    Magic has the best personality of them all, on and off the court. Kobe would be the most awkward, his personality is not built for socializing or building camaraderie. I wouldn't want to hang with Jordan since he randomly asks guys if he could smash their wives.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    While technically he's right, I'd still rather have Jordan. LeBron has still shown quite a few times where he's been a complete letdown in the clutch. He needed Ray Allen to bail him out last season or risk having a forever tarnished legacy.

And i know there's the "Jordan needed Paxson and Kerr to hit big shots too" argument, but ultimately he didn't need them in a "if they miss, Jordan's legacy is forever ruined" situation. If Paxson and Kerr missed, there was still another game to be played. If Ray Allen missed, that literally would have forever ruined LeBron's legacy.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While technically he's right, I'd still rather have Jordan. LeBron has still shown quite a few times where he's been a complete letdown in the clutch. He needed Ray Allen to bail him out last season or risk having a forever tarnished legacy.

And i know there's the "Jordan needed Paxson and Kerr to hit big shots too" argument, but ultimately he didn't need them in a "if they miss, Jordan's legacy is forever ruined" situation. If Paxson and Kerr missed, there was still another game to be played. If Ray Allen missed, that literally would have forever ruined LeBron's legacy.
    James will never reach the level of Jordan or even Kobe for the same reason we rather hang out with LeBron over those guys. All of the All Time greats (Except Magic who was surrounded with established HOFs his entire career) were assholes. They were willing to sacrifice friendships and even family to WIN. James simply doesn't posses that. I respect James more as a human being but as a player he's not in their class. Fortunately for James he plays in an ERA (increasingly so) where the guys all want to be butt buddies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an argument that can definitely be made. Doesn't necessarily mean he's "better" but he has primary responsibility on both ends, doesn't have Pippens/Rodmans to take the assignments. He literally destroyed Joe Johnson defensively to close the game, and he did a great job on Parker in the Finals last year.
    iso joe
    giving him props for guarding 6'1 PGs
    KD drops 30+ on him every time they go h2h

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Exactly.

And the Jordan to Kerr was a designed play. Allen's 3 was the product of an extremely lucky offensive rebound after Lebron bricked a triple.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I've been preaching the same stuff and people will just come up with creative excuses.

That shot helped defined the most important part of Lebron James' career. Going down 1-3 in NBA Finals would've been brutal, even for a 4xMVP.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOATS

Jordan
    Gretzky
    Rice
    Ruth
    the first time i saw Gretzky's stats, i thought they were typos, no joke. its the equivalent of what Ruth did in baseball, or what Don Hutson did in the NFL long before Rice, but Gretzky is the only modern example of a guy just putting up numbers so superior to everybody else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOATS

Jordan
    Gretzky
    Rice
    Ruth
    Basically true. Jordan haters will be quick to be judgmental but there's no question what he was doing in the NBA was unlike anything ever seen before. LeBron's stuff was always so forced as a "sequel" to Jordan. LeBron is the most talented player today, but I don't think he'll ever be better than Jordan, simply because he doesn't have the Jordan instinct and intangibles.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron can never be perfect in the Finals. Jordan was 6 for 6.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did the same in Cleveland that's why he left

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    While technically he's right, I'd still rather have Jordan. LeBron has still shown quite a few times where he's been a complete letdown in the clutch.
    As has Dad Killer, and just about every other superstar in NBA history

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Basically true. Jordan haters will be quick to be judgmental but there's no question what he was doing in the NBA was unlike anything ever seen before.
    Dad Killer himself admitted he was heavily influenced by Dr. J and David Thompson.... long before DK's era, Wilt was statistically dominating more than DK could ever dream of and Russell was winning more rings than DK could ever dream of...

What was actually unlike anything ever seen before was the ridiculous media hype and slurpage that he still recieves to this day....

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron can never be perfect in the Finals. Jordan was 6 for 6.
    Jordan played weaker compe ion.

The Spurs and Mavs teams that Lebron lost to, are probably superior to all of the teams that Jordan beat in the finals.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This.

MJ had more failures than people want to remember or acknowledge. However his was in a different manner than Lebron.

MJ's failures was due to poor shot selection, and not being willing to defer to the open man when massively overwhelmed.

Lebron's failures was due to limitations in his game (needing to use post game and fine tune his jumper)

What is also unfair for Lebron, is the fact that he is being so heavily knocked for losing in the Finals, when he was getting to the Finals well before he even hit his prime and was still developing his skillset, while MJ finally started making the finals once he fully developed his game and hit his prime.

Lebron and MJ both won their first le when they were 27 years old. Both players very clearly hit their primes in that season (Lebron finally began to use his post game and hit jumpers, while MJ finally began to trust his teammates when he needed them most) Before that? Lebron was getting to the playoffs, never lost in the 1st round, and got to the Finals twice. MJ flamed out in the first round a few times and never got to the Finals. Now I can kind of understand knocking Lebron for his loss to the Mavs, as he wasn't as aggressive as he should have been, although a good counter argument exists that the Mavs clear defensive focus was entirely on not allowing Lebron to beat them, and allowing Wade to do whatever he wanted. It was obvious that Lebron received WAY more defensive attention than Wade did. But knocking him for the loss to the Spurs is ridiculous considering he simply lost to a team that was FARRRRRRRR superior to his garbage Cavs team that he somehow carried to the Finals.

IMO the way Lebron lost to the Mavs is pretty much on the same plateau as the way MJ kept getting pounded by the Pistons. Both teams had gameplans tailor made for Lebron/MJ to make mistakes that would cost their team dearly (Mavs preyed on Lebron's unselfishness by overloading him constantly while leaving Wade in one-on-one coverage in hopes that Lebron would defer to Wade, Pistons preyed on MJ's extreme selfishness by trying to "punk" him and his teammates in hopes that MJ would try to do too much for himself and not trust his teammates). The only difference was that Lebron was making it to the Finals, while MJ was getting pounded by Detroit in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Still don't understand the double standards that Lebron haters/MJ lovers continue to have, when they both went through virtually identical struggles to begin their careers before they started winning championships. Ultimately, their biggest obstacle they had to overcome was mental (Lebron needing to be more alpha, MJ needing to be less alpha).

U have my perm. to die The Batman's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    LeBron has been a complete letdown twice already in the finals.

Thread Information