Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mid is made so much fear in his post

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Also, If there's one thing Scott is good at other than tanking, it's making rookie PG's transition to the pros easier. Irving, CP3 and Clarkson all had successful rookie seasons under Scott. Russell shouldn't be an exception. He could probably win ROY.

This tbh....Michael D Angelo is fearless tbh...like Byron said Kobe is gonna LOVE him....Byron knows.,trust me they really vetted this pick...i heard Okafer came in and looked aweful....teams around the league said Russell should have went first....Minny drafted on need..I understand "....but its a PG league...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obviously you've never seen either of these guys play. Clarkson is a natural combo guard much like Westbrook, and Russ is a natural PG, with the size and shooting touch of a two guard. I'm extremely happy with our 1,2, and 3 positions. We'll get to see all three of them in summer league, too.

We have a of a backcourt with them two....awesome...did you see Byron grinning from ear to ear When discussing how they will play together

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Both of them play with chips on their shoulders....they're serious

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I dig the pick I don't think okafor will ever be anything special. At least with Russell, there's some small hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also drafted an openly huge Clipper fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys (Laker fans) are ing re ed if you think "I'm mad."

Only 1 team led by a PG has won the le in the past 25 years, and as good as Curry is, he's supplemented by a great perimeter defense and plays in a modern system (Byron Scott is still stuck in the 90's). And it's funny how Lakers fans were talking up Okafor as the next Tim Duncan and the most polished big of the decade to come out of college and now all of sudden Russell was the "smart" decision.

Yeah, it's likely Russell was drafted in anticipation of trying to sign a big, but Love (no chance he's coming) and/or LMA would be terrible fits.

Since there was no top tier wing in this draft, the "smart" thing to do is draft a center, which is the Lakers weakest position outside of SF/SG. Bigs are a rarer commodity than PGs and are always the safer and "smarter" choice.

The Lakers ed up. End of story.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Only 1 team led by a PG has won the le in the past 25 years, and as good as Curry is, he's supplemented by a great perimeter defense and plays in a modern system (Byron Scott is still stuck in the 90's). And it's funny how Lakers fans were talking up Okafor as the next Tim Duncan and the most polished big of the decade to come out of college and now all of sudden Russell was the "smart" decision.

Yeah, it's likely Russell was drafted in anticipation of trying to sign a big, but Love (no chance he's coming) and/or LMA would be terrible fits.

Since there was no top tier wing in this draft, the "smart" thing to do is draft a center, which is the Lakers weakest position outside of SF/SG. Bigs are a rarer commodity than PGs and are always the safer and "smarter" choice.

Any Laker fan here can send your dumbass a screen shot of the PM where I told them I was gonna troll Spurfan dumbass with the Okafer bull ....fact is you got played by me dawg...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Laker fan here can send your dumbass a screen shot of the PM where I told them I was gonna troll Spurfan dumbass with the Okafer bull ....fact is you got played by me dawg...
    It wasn't just you. Lakers fans from here to LG were head over heels for Okafor.

Drafting a PG at number 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is spur been ing since the first round because their HOF PG wasn't up to the task of carrying Jims sorry ass again. You need a good PG to win in the west. We have two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously you've never seen either of these guys play. Clarkson is a natural combo guard much like Westbrook, and Russ is a natural PG, with the size and shooting touch of a two guard. I'm extremely happy with our 1,2, and 3 positions. We'll get to see all three of them in summer league, too.
    You're right. But my implication was how do you expect Clarkson to move to the starting 2 spot when Kirby is going to hang around for another 3 years.

And Buss will pay that head. The merch sales to all the stupid s is too hard to pass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker has 4

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It wasn't just you. Lakers fans from here to LG were head over heels for Okafor.

And Okafor is nothing special either. Soft, no defense, turnover machine, chokes at the free throw line. Lakers were ed either way

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Like the rest of your bets this year, you're having minimal to zero returns. Stick to talking about Kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mid avoiding the fact Okafor is a non defensive center, who shoots a paltry 50% on the line with a questionable work ethic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is spur been ing since the first round because their HOF PG wasn't up to the task of carrying Jims sorry ass again. You need a good PG to win in the west. We have two.
    What?

The last 11 champions from the West had average PGs.

Derek Fisher. Average. Way below average defensively, even in his prime.
    Tony Parker. Benched for Speedy Claxton and Steve Kerr. Typically had a net negative floor impact during all the Spurs playoff runs. And he was in' terrible during last year's run.
    A 40 year old Jason Kidd. Average.

Meanwhile, the top two PGs of their generation (Nash and Chris Paul) have never sniffed a Western Conference le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Okafor is nothing special either. Soft, no defense, turnover machine, chokes at the free throw line. Lakers were ed either way
    I wasn't high on him, either. This draft was super weak. But if there's a good big in the draft, you should usually take the gamble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the rest of your bets this year, you're having minimal to zero returns. Stick to talking about Kobe
    No. I'm swimming in returns. Drafting a ing PG with the number 2 pick

Keep spinning it like it's "smart," though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Again, delusion has clouded your head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, delusion has clouded your head.
    I'm not the one deluded here. History and statistics (the impact of PGs) isn't on your side.

Keep selling Russell to yourself, by all means. There's not much to celebrate in Lakerland these days.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Somebody please post my PM where I said I'd with Mid on this Okafer bull ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    mid maaaaaaaaad as ! Damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody please post my PM where I said I'd with Mid on this Okafer bull ...
    I don't care about your opinion on Okafor. Every Lakerfan (aside from RSXPimp) on the net was high on him, and Local media here were creaming themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mid maaaaaaaaad as ! Damn.
    DeAngelo Russell

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Will Russell be a bust? Put that on record.

Thread Information