Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traore is only 17 and playing well in the playoffs right now
    It was his last playoff game, btw. His team lost against ASVEL. Next step for him: French National Team (some would like to see him taking one of the 12 places for the Olympics instead of some NBA cut point guards^^).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign me up for VJ Edgecombe. Elite combo guard that hustles and plays both ways. Reminds me of pre-injury Oladipo. Will see how he does at Baylor this year, but they typically feature guards on the offense. I expect he'll be more impactful than either George or Walter before him, especially defensively.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling it now: With multiple picks available, we could get our future 3&D player somewhere in the 1st round... wherever this guy ends up.

Liam McNeeley SF – UConn – HT: 6-7 – WT: 190 – WING: NA – C’24 – Big, strong and highly skilled as a shot-maker and as a defender. Liam is one of the best 3pt shooters in his class and can get red hot from outside. He’s got a smooth and repeatable release and is deadly accurate. Has good cutting ability and feel for moving without the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nolan Traoré looks like the real deal. He was measured at 6'4" with a 6'8" wingspan earlier this year, great size for a PG.

Anyway, I hope Spurs won't be in the mix for these prospects projected to be in top5 (and no, Hawks pick shouldn't be top5 as long as they have Trae Young).

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nolan Traoré looks like the real deal. He was measured at 6'4" with a 6'8" wingspan earlier this year, great size for a PG.

Anyway, I hope Spurs won't be in the mix for these prospects projected to be in top5 (and no, Hawks pick shouldn't be top5 as long as they have Trae Young).
    It all simply comes down to the luck of the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They’ve been in the lottery several times with Young. Nothing says it won’t happen again. His value is low right now,and I don’t see it increasing with the team around him. If they don’t offload him somewhere this summer, he becomes a rental in 2025.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hawks picks is literally #1 with Trae Young. They could very well be worse next year unless they can pull off a DJ trade for a real player. That said, we don't have to be top 5 to get a player of this caliber because there are more than 5 in that draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man 2025 is Night and Day from this years draft at least on paper will see what happens when they actually lace it up next season. I am hoping we get 3 picks something like 4, 9, and 11, sounds realistic to me of which I would love the following players;

1. Dylan Harper - SG, 6’5
    2. Tre Johnson - SG, 6’5
    3. Hugo Gonzales - SG, 6’6
    4. Nolan Tralee - PG, 6’4
    5. Egor Demin - PG/SG, 6’7
    6. Liam McNeeley - SF, 6’7
    7. Noa Essengue - PF, 6’10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of intriguing talent... but I also want to see some of these guys actually play.

Guys like Collier, Justin Edwards, DJ Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw were all once 99 rated recruits too. (Flagg and Ace got 100 ratings, which no one in this year's class got).

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Ba...cruitRankings/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of intriguing talent... but I also want to see some of these guys actually play.

Guys like Collier, Justin Edwards, DJ Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw were all once 99 rated recruits too. (Flagg and Ace got 100 ratings, which no one in this year's class got).

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Ba...cruitRankings/
    That's why I posted the Traore clip, he's playing real basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why I posted the Traore clip, he's playing real basketball.
    He was impressive in that all-stars game where Flagg, Bailey, etc. all played in.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How loaded the 2025 draft looks (at this point, things can always change) was why I wanted the Raptors pick to not convey (accepting the risk that is never does).

The 2025 draft, and likely (Not certain, likely) ability to add a better #1 facilitator is part of why I'm lower on Dilly as a prospect to pick (not the only reason, mostly the defense).

In general, the 2025 draft should make us evaluate that building a le team is a multi year process, and we're not going to fill all the gaps in one year. Better to really fill some of the gaps well this year with the BPA (Opinions will differ, I'm lower on Dilly, but get the electric ball handling) rather than focus on need at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How loaded the 2025 draft looks (at this point, things can always change) was why I wanted the Raptors pick to not convey (accepting the risk that is never does).

The 2025 draft, and likely (Not certain, likely) ability to add a better #1 facilitator is part of why I'm lower on Dilly as a prospect to pick (not the only reason, mostly the defense).

In general, the 2025 draft should make us evaluate that building a le team is a multi year process, and we're not going to fill all the gaps in one year. Better to really fill some of the gaps well this year with the BPA (Opinions will differ, I'm lower on Dilly, but get the electric ball handling) rather than focus on need at PG.
    I was on the fence, then I thought: if Toronto is willing to go to such lengths in order to not have the pick convey now, then whatever the reason is (they expect their pick to be much worse next year, or they expect to tank much harder) the Spurs are unlikely to get a better deal. If this scenario were to happen next year, they would have pulled the plug much earlier, where the chances of conveying the pick would have been very small. Lets just remember we had this pick for Poeltl and it helped us land Wemby, there's going to be a good player there, be that Castle, Dillingham, Sheppard, or whomever, the Spurs need to keep their cool and not cave in to the temptation of hitting a jackpot no one else saw coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man 2025 is Night and Day from this years draft at least on paper will see what happens when they actually lace it up next season. I am hoping we get 3 picks something like 4, 9, and 11, sounds realistic to me of which I would love the following players;

1. Dylan Harper - SG, 6’5
    2. Tre Johnson - SG, 6’5
    3. Hugo Gonzales - SG, 6’6
    4. Nolan Tralee - PG, 6’4
    5. Egor Demin - PG/SG, 6’7
    6. Liam McNeeley - SF, 6’7
    7. Noa Essengue - PF, 6’10
    WTF is in the water in France? USA is going to have it tough in international compe ions for the next 2 decades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it weren't for the fact that we already have ATL (picking #1 this year), CHI-Top10 Protected (picking #11 this year) and our own (picking #4 this year) I would have been with you. No matter how talented next year's draft, I don't want 4 FRPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the draft is really that loaded I'll take 3 first round picks and dump Wesley, Branham and Zach Collins for them

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to watch the Hornets and Bulls off season as both those picks have a decent chance of conveying. Then you have the Hawks pick and the Spurs pick the Spurs could have 4 FRPs in a strong draft 😂

Chicago appears to want to remain compe ive. If they can resign DeMar that would be perfect. They can add a solid piece with the 11th pick (or perhaps they trade it for a PF which is a position of need). I would love for Spurs to sign Patrick Williams though. That makes the Bulls slightly weaker though.

Charlotte is an interesting one. Hopefully they hit on their 6th pick and Mark Williams and Lamelo are healthy they could sneak into the playin. They would have to bump out Atlanta or Chicago which is doable. Still unlikely they make the playoffs but you never know.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traore
    Vassell
    Risacher
    Sochan
    Wemby
    Ace Bailey

Spurs need to add another dynamic athletic player to pair with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ace Bailey

Spurs need to add another dynamic athletic player to pair with Wemby.
    Spurs probably need to pick top 2 for that. Hardly a guarantee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the draft is really that loaded I'll take 3 first round picks and dump Wesley, Branham and Zach Collins for them
    True we can make roster space for new incoming talent.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably need to pick top 2 for that. Hardly a guarantee.
    Two shots for it.

Spurs won't be a playoff team next year and Atlanta may not either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two shots for it.

Spurs won't be a playoff team next year and Atlanta may not either.
    If Spurs & Atlanta finished 8 & 9, they'd have similar chances of finishing top 2 than they did this year (actually a bit more, 21.6%). IMO Hawks finish 11-14, no idea where the Spurs end up until draft & offseason unfolds, but in any case I'm saying don't take it for granted, it's a long shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of hoping spurs tank for one more year.

Thread Information