Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nope. I’m rather enjoying watching the Raptors being on the verge of winning, partly to see a new champ, partly because Draymond has been so smug. But karma to me would have been one of their stars getting injured in the same playoffs Kawhi got injured ruining their le hopes that year, not two les and three Finals later lol.

Lol karma...
    Agreed. Taking out #2 still benefited the Warriors. They got 2 les out of it. Even if they lose this series I'm sure they still have no regrets about what they did to #2 in 2017 considering they are probably 2 rings short if the Zaza incident doesn't happen. Karma would have been them losing immediately in the finals in '17 after taking out #2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. Still beats the '15 Warriors though, because at least they had to go through an elite team (Bucks) and second tier one (76ers). Considering the state of the Cavaliers at the time, the Warriors didn't even face the latter.

Also beats the '17 and '18 Warriors, for obvious reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The warriors team the raptors are beating without Durant is one of the top 6 best finalist team in the last 15 years.

Re ed to consider it an asterisk.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Probably at least 70% of NBA Champions were the beneficiaries of major injuries to their compe ion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not this big of an advantage. The best player on the best team is an extreme one (not to mention, Thompson, Iguodala and Looney all being banged up).

This version of the Warriors were ripe for this all season (they're in '03 Lakers, '08 Spurs, '11 Lakers, '14 Heat, '15 Spurs territory). Only their high end talent advantage and said talent being even greater than the sum of their parts because of their fit and IQ, could save them. Without that, this team is nothing special.

Meanwhile, S bag was gifted the most complete team in the league. No rotational liabilities on either side of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well have played against Steph Curry’s Davidson team, with all these injuries

:
    GS didn't seem to mind when KL went down. No one gives a . You play 5 guys, you win or lose. They are all on the team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Might as well have played against Steph Curry’s Davidson team, with all these injuries

:
    Nope. Legit le.

1999 le, on the other hand? * to be bluntly honest.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bull . Probably at least 70% of NBA Champions were the beneficiaries of major injuries to their compe ion.
    Agreed. That 1999 le was bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries are part of the game, there are no asterisks.....but the quality of the championship is obvious debatable. Not all teams are shaq kobe. Some are just luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every Spurs opponent was healthy. Your Lakers were supposed to win that series per the "analysts." Got swept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every Spurs opponent was healthy. Your Lakers were supposed to win that series per the "analysts." Got swept.
    in 1999 Ewing was out injured. Even if Ewing had played, I think the spurs would still have won that series.

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    This finals will be a moral victory for the warriors. They fought hard despite the injuries. Curry came up big when his team really needed it, thus shaking off some (but not all) of his choker reputation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 1999 Ewing was out injured. Even if Ewing had played, I think the spurs would still have won that series.
    I was a huge Knicks fan in the 90s, then Heat fan when Riley went south. Ewing was done by 98. Starks done by 97

Btw not sure if the Knicks beat the Heat in 99 but if the Heat made it to the finals they ring easily over the 99 Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    I can consign that cuz as much as the Knicks need one I didn't want it that way

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did Ewing play at 100%?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes lodge the asterisk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a huge Knicks fan in the 90s, then Heat fan when Riley went south. Ewing was done by 98. Starks done by 97

Btw not sure if the Knicks beat the Heat in 99 but if the Heat made it to the finals they ring easily over the 99 Spurs.
    That Heat team had arguably the best defensive analytics in NBA history. Offense was crappy, though. And the Spurs would have had HCA. Allan Houston hit a lucky shot and the Heat had a tough time scoring. I don't remember much else because I was really young back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Ewing play at 100%?
    1999 Patrick Ewing. No chance against that Duncan and Robinson frontline.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1999 Patrick Ewing. No chance against that Duncan and Robinson frontline.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That Heat team had arguably the best defensive analytics in NBA history. Offense was crappy, though. And the Spurs would have had HCA. Allan Houston hit a lucky shot and the Heat had a tough time scoring. I don't remember much else because I was really young back then.
    Huh? The 1999 Heat were 8th in the league in defensive rating that year. What defensive analytics are you referring to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? The 1999 Heat were 8th in the league in defensive rating that year. What defensive analytics are you referring to?
    Whoops... wrong year. Checking back on the roster they didn't even have Bruce Bowen yet. And their offense was always meh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No asterisk but healthy Warriors would threepeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This finals will be a moral victory for the warriors. They fought hard despite the injuries. Curry came up big when his team really needed it, thus shaking off some (but not all) of his choker reputation.
    I don't care, i just don't want long dynasties.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The warriors team the raptors are beating without Durant is one of the top 6 best finalist team in the last 15 years.

Re ed to consider it an asterisk.
    Spurs
    Lakers
    Heat
    Celtics
    Cavs

those are the teams that have won the last 15 years of championships. This injured af Dubs squad would be the worst out of all of them, easily. They have 1 healthy star player (Curry), 1 head case who is 1 tech away from officially ruining it for them again (Draymond), 1 injured all star (Klay), a guy coming off an achilles and quad tear who is just trying to get his wind back (Cousins), a good sixth man/defensive stopper who is unfortunately also injured (Iggy) and a bunch of absolute scrubs that wouldn't win a G league championship.

Pretty sure the Spurs, Nuggz, Blazers, Rockets, Thunder and maybe even Jazz would beat today's Dubs team in a best of 7, if it started tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost to the Knicks in round 1.

And no they wouldn't, that's preposterous.

Thread Information