Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master of Information Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A seven foot guy wouldn't have done better than a 6'7" guy? That's the position you're marrying yourself to? I guess I know to ignore your posts from now on.
    I didn't realize height is all that was needed to be a good defender. No wonder Shawn Bradley and Gheurge Muresan were such great defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's based on the fact that he can't even get off the bench. If he was any good he would be getting playing time despite his youth, like Blair and Hill.
    Ah, so since Pop thinks so then it must be so. I know, I know don't question Pop...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ian probably would have fouled out fairly quickly if he played his usual game -- but maybe the Spurs would have won, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize height is all that was needed to be a good defender. No wonder Shawn Bradley and Gheurge Muresan were such great defenders.
    LOL@ compairing IAn with Bradley and Muresan. Ian could run circles around those stiffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, so since Pop thinks so then it must be so. I know, I know don't question Pop...
    Ian sucks, pass whatever you're smoking.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't claim Ian is or will ever be great, but I'm tired of watching Bonner play and I'm tired of seeing RJ at the 4. For me, that's enough reason to want to see Ian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL@ compairing IAn with Bradley and Muresan. Ian could run circles around those stiffs...
    He would run two circles around them and then sprain his ankle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And since Chomag from the interwebs says Mahinmi is great then it must be so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With McDyess hyperextending his knee, and playing back to back games, any chance he sits and Mahinmi plays, maybe even starts tonight?
    Ok, maybe not starts, but at least sees meaningful minutes.
    Not sure but hope he gets a chance to shine...

I have never rooted for a bench player to get more minutes, other than this guy, he must be special other wise why keep him around... He must be the SPURS best keep secert of all time..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be we'll get two surprises in one day. Finley departs and Mahinmi starts!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha the Poplogists trowing their last death spasms, as their world is coming down around them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha the Poplogists throwing their last death spasms, as their world is coming down around them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's based on the fact that he can't even get off the bench. If he was any good he would be getting playing time despite his youth, like Blair and Hill.
    Same with Rattlif who is having some PT in Charlotte and bloking shots, but who cares ? he is a scrub

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same with Rattlif who is having some PT in Charlotte and bloking shots, but who cares ? he is a scrub
    cmon lets see it for what it is. Pop has a system, and he honestly doesnt know/care about using player skills, he will only play those that fit his system. And Ratcliff did not fit. So why are we arguing this? We either need a new coach who has systems built on his players, or stick with this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cmon lets see it for what it is. Pop has a system, and he honestly doesnt know/care about using player skills, he will only play those that fit his system. And Ratcliff did not fit. So why are we arguing this? We either need a new coach who has systems built on his players, or stick with this one.
    I agree with you its just Gonzo who deducted from Ian low usage that he is scrub. Ian is certainly not a future AS but he has the size, the youth and the potential to be at least tested regularly. Considering how he has been used nobody can say he is a scrub or a stud. With the minutes he has 7 min per game for 18 games, he did pretty good.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Honey, I spend one night with that Ian fella and he had to call it a night early because he pulled his quad. Any man that can't handle a young Southern belle like myself doesn't deserve playing time.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has to, TD is not playing tonight. Bonner has fallen out of the rotation. It wouldnt make sense to just play Dice and Blair the entire night.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ian starts with Dice or is the first one off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ian should get a lot of playing time tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Ratliff is now in Charlotte making Pop look stupid for not playing him. Who plays and doesn't play in Pop's isn't any indicator of their talent level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's take another center comparison.

By your assertion a guy like Jermaine O'Neal should have never got the chance to start. All he did was average 4 ppg his first four years because he never got a chance to play in Portland. Next up he went to the Pacers and averaged over 19ppg, 6 of the next 7 seasons with a career high 24.3 ppg.

Yeah, young guys who never get off the bench in their first few years will never be any good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Ratliff is now in Charlotte making Pop look stupid for not playing him. Who plays and doesn't play in Pop's isn't any indicator of their talent level.
    exactly my point

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay I'm trying to follow your strawmen, are you now saying that Richard Jefferson is a good defender, or are you suggesting that Mahinmi is so much worse a defender than RJ that his height wouldn't make a difference against Amare?

And I'd take Bradley or Muresan's shot blocking at this point. I don't really understand how you wouldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And since Chomag from the interwebs says Mahinmi is great then it must be so.
    Hmmm, now tell me where I ever said he was great? If you want to start this petty crap at least come with legit material.

Anyway, I have no idea how good or how bad the Kid is but in the very little time I have seen him he has shown that he may possible have some skills that can be useful. Could he be complete crap yes but he has not had enough time to show if he is either or. What is bonner or even RJ playing as a big doing for the team right now? Crap... but of course thats not a problem. Yet there is a problem with Ian?

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Mahinmi's complete crap, I want to find out because I have a very hard time believing that he could be worse than the current alternative, which is a one legged no-jumping Dice, Matt Bonner or someone under 6'7" surrounded by guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would be a good night to give Ian a test run. It's a b2b (sort of) and Tim, Tony & Dice could all use a little rest. This might be the last opportunity before the final push to see what they are going to get out of Hairston and Mahinmi moving forward. Pop's rotations tonight are going to tell us a lot about what to expect for the rest of the season. If Ian doesn't get on the floor tonight he probably never will.

Thread Information