Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesn't matter. Popovich and Wright are gonna find some way to up both picks and next season. And when we don't get the first pick in 2025, then what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if ATL can extract some much needed capital from WAS for Sarr?

ATL trades back to 2, takes Risacher, and gets an extra first from WAS?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get some of these takes . . .

With a new POBO coming in, I doubt the Pistons will be married to anyone but Cunningham, a big wing primary initiator who could easily play next to Dillingham or Sheppard.

So could (Amen) Thompson, another big wing initiator (in time). If the Rockets select Clingan, it'll indicate they're not married to Sengun long term. They're also candidates to trade the pick for an established player.

I doubt the Wizards, so early in their re-build, will swing for anything less than a puncher's chance at an (offensive) star. They might select Risacher anyway, but probably to trade back for Dillingham or Topic +.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would also be fine with SA trading these picks for a player if theres one truly worth it. Everything needs to be on the table.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would also be fine with SA trading these picks for a player if theres one truly worth it. Everything needs to be on the table.
    This is my thinking as well, which is why I said there's no telling what this roster is going to look like. I do think they will go ahead and make both pics though as I can't really see a home run trade for both of them at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there’s a very good chance Houston don’t pick at 3 but decide to trade it. Even if they do keep the pick I see a very decent chance Risacher is there at 4 for the Spurs if he’s their target. His people likely would want to get him there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think more and more that this sets Houston up well for a big move this offseason. They have a glut of young talent and the #3 pick.

Some possibilities:

• Go back to BKY to talk about Bridges? He should be cheaper than the last time they asked, and the Nets might be kicking themselves to see their pick at #3
    • Khris Middleton? Chinook has brought up some interesting Middleton scenarios for the Spurs... the might apply here as well. (Note: I'm not suggesting they would trade #3 for Middleton straight up, just that there might be some creative framework here)
    • Big S&T with the Clippers for PG13?!?
    • Ainge might be very interested in talking about a deal for #3 and some of the young guns on Houston's roster for Lauri...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my thinking as well, which is why I said there's no telling what this roster is going to look like. I do think they will go ahead and make both pics though as I can't really see a home run trade for both of them at the moment.
    Agree - drafting is 90% the way to go it appears I just have to put disclaimers out for future reference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there’s a very good chance Houston don’t pick at 3 but decide to trade it. Even if they do keep the pick I see a very decent chance Risacher is there at 4 for the Spurs if he’s their target. His people likely would want to get him there too.
    A Risacher/Dillingham draft maybe? SA gets Risacher at 4, then trades CHA 8 + their pick back to move to 6 to take Dillingham?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon + pick 8 for pick 3 so SA can take Risacher/Dillingham 3 and 4?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we staaaaacked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon + pick 8 for pick 3 so SA can take Risacher/Dillingham 3 and 4?
    Pick 2 instead of 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Risacher/Dillingham draft maybe? SA gets Risacher at 4, then trades CHA 8 + their pick back to move to 6 to take Dillingham?
    I’m not convinced the Spurs would want two more rookies on the roster but if they do your scenario would be great. Getting two players that can shoot out of this putrid draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly wouldn’t trade any meaningful capital to move up in this draft if I’m the GM of any team. There just aren’t any real standouts. I half think Sarr is being mocked as #1, because it’s traditional to mock a big there, mock draft inertia from10 years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not convinced the Spurs would want two more rookies on the roster but if they do your scenario would be great. Getting two players that can shoot out of this putrid draft.
    For sure - think the point is as I think through this is SA should be able to move around to get their guys if they feel the need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see a need to trade up in this draft, unless of course the Spurs feel that someone is a head and shoulders better prospect they have to have (a Kawhi-like situation). Spurs don't typically move up, and I don't want to burn assets to do so in this draft class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see a need to trade up in this draft, unless of course the Spurs feel that someone is a head and shoulders better prospect they have to have (a Kawhi-like situation). Spurs don't typically move up, and I don't want to burn assets to do so in this draft class.
    I agree - was more about should be able to do so more easily than usual IF they feel need. Highly doubt they do. Trading back may be the play if you can find a dance partner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to tinker about potential offseason scenarios since we know the draft order.
    Two rookies will make around $12.8M combined, not guaranteeing Graham would leave us at around $20M in cap space.

rookie/Tre/Wesley
    Devin/Branham/?
    rookie/Keldon/Champagnie
    ?/Jeremy/Sidy
    Wemby/Collins/Bassey

I think it's a given we'll get a point guard and a wing, I put them in there as starters for the sake of it, they could also start off the bench or Jeremy could start at SF, you get the point.

My priority would be to get rid of Collins and even Keldon since teams still see him as a positive asset.
    But I don't think PATFO would move Keldon at all costs since he's the vocal leader of the team.

It's all lining up for a massive offseason in 2025 that will turn the Spurs into a playoff team, with the next season just being natural growth.
    I'm fine with that, but two glaring issues must be addressed.

We need a starting 3-D forward and we need a backup big that will prevent layup lane from happening whenever Wemby sits.
    Pat Williams and Oubre look like the only decent FA forwards, I'd pay attention to situation in NOLA and Brooklyn. Markkanen would be ideal, but he's too expensive.
    When it comes to bigs, I honestly have no clue. Claxton and Hartenstein will surely want to keep starting and the likes of Drummond/Plumlee are washed up.
    But we got to get rid of Collins.

Might consider bringing Mamu back, but it's too early to give up on Sidy.
    Give another year to Wesley and Branham and let them go next year if they don't improve.

With both picks being successful, good starting forward addition and a backup rim protector, I think Spurs could get into play-in battle next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to tinker about potential offseason scenarios since we know the draft order.
    Two rookies will make around $12.8M combined, not guaranteeing Graham would leave us at around $20M in cap space.

rookie/Tre/Wesley
    Devin/Branham/?
    rookie/Keldon/Champagnie
    ?/Jeremy/Sidy
    Wemby/Collins/Bassey

I think it's a given we'll get a point guard and a wing, I put them in there as starters for the sake of it, they could also start off the bench or Jeremy could start at SF, you get the point.

My priority would be to get rid of Collins and even Keldon since teams still see him as a positive asset.
    But I don't think PATFO would move Keldon at all costs since he's the vocal leader of the team.

It's all lining up for a massive offseason in 2025 that will turn the Spurs into a playoff team, with the next season just being natural growth.
    I'm fine with that, but two glaring issues must be addressed.

We need a starting 3-D forward and we need a backup big that will prevent layup lane from happening whenever Wemby sits.
    Pat Williams and Oubre look like the only decent FA forwards, I'd pay attention to situation in NOLA and Brooklyn. Markkanen would be ideal, but he's too expensive.
    When it comes to bigs, I honestly have no clue. Claxton and Hartenstein will surely want to keep starting and the likes of Drummond/Plumlee are washed up.
    But we got to get rid of Collins.

Might consider bringing Mamu back, but it's too early to give up on Sidy.
    Give another year to Wesley and Branham and let them go next year if they don't improve.

With both picks being successful, good starting forward addition and a backup rim protector, I think Spurs could get into play-in battle next season.
    I'm definitely going to be cranking out some more scenarios in the Ideal Off-Season thread now that we know the picks

But very quickly, in your scenario above, assuming we draft PG and SF. We could still have money to go after Malik Monk for that backup SG/6th man role. Jeremy would still start at PF, bring back Cedi at the vet minimum (if he'll take it) to play backup PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you so high on Topic? He's a good passer with size but he's not getting to the rim in the NBA without either a midrange game or a three point shot, neither of which he has. And despite his size he's still not considered a good defender at all. Seems a very high risk player with a playing in China level floor.
    Topic will get to the rim in any league. And since coming back from his injury (or whatever) he's 4-5 from three.

They're all high risk.

Topic's floor isn't China, it's (at the very, very worst) Beno.

His ceiling is high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why do you think SA may not want 2 rookies? Interest to hear your thoughts there as to me it seems likely they would want two rookies since they are still building and there’s plenty of roster spots open to fight for with regards to talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why do you think SA may not want 2 rookies? Interest to hear your thoughts there as to me it seems likely they would want two rookies since they are still building and there’s plenty of roster spots open to fight for with regards to talent.
    Just think they’ll be more open to wheeling and dealing than normally and with the draft being so meh I could see them being content with a Risacher and a trade for a more win-now player than what a Dillingham or Matas or Holland would be. Like you said, they have the ammo to make various moves, which should make things exciting this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just think they’ll be more open to wheeling and dealing than normally and with the draft being so meh I could see them being content with a Risacher and a trade for a more win-now player than what a Dillingham or Matas or Holland would be. Like you said, they have the ammo to make various moves, which should make things exciting this offseason.
    Gotcha - so it’s more of a weak draft thing than a young player thing in your mind. I just see so many guys who can be replaced or at least should have to really grow and leap and fight for spots so there’s plenty of room.

I would love if there was a legit good player that’s young-ish that SA could trade for using pick 8 + other future picks/players. Just hard to see too many guys there that would be available at the moment

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic will get to the rim in any league. And since coming back from his injury (or whatever) he's 4-5 from three.

They're all high risk.

Topic's floor isn't China, it's (at the very, very worst) Beno.

His ceiling is high.
    That's a pretty big statement saying his floor is borderline starter like Udrih was. I agree his ceiling is pretty high if he can ever develop a jumpshot which would make me probably take a risk on him at #8 if the Spurs draft say Risacher, Holland, Buzelis, or Williams at #4 and Dillingham and Sheppard are off the board. Can't say I see him being successful at the rim if his defender can just back off and dare him to miss in the midrange or at the three point line though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    according to exstatic the franchise doesn't have the resources to develop that many young players

Thread Information