Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd still like to know what you mean by "support illegal immigration." Do you mean open borders? Amnesty? Easier path to citizenship? Health care coverage? Citizenship for children born here?

Not sure many Liberals believe in just letting everyone across the border, nor do they believe Hispanics do.
    Might want to check with your President on that assumption.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you answer the question instead of deflecting? How does illegal immigration benefit them?
    Why would I answer such a stupid question?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why would I answer such a stupid question?
    It's a great question, face. Shill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty ing condescending.

How does it benefit legal hard working, tax paying hispanic families to have a porous border with Mexico and Central America and let these illegal immigrants keep pouring in by the millions?
    How does it benefit fat, lazy, white people who spend their days at 'work' ing around the internet trolling while constantly on the prowl for government handouts to say that Mexican Americans only are for amnesty and fast track citizenship so they can take over the country?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexicans do, that's why. And they're the largest hispanic demographic in the country. They do because they either been illegal in the past or have family or friends that are or have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexicans do, that's why. And they're the largest hispanic demographic in the country. They do because they either been illegal in the past or have family or friends that are or have been.
    Sure but I have heard tons of Boomer aged GOP sycophants speak against immigration because they claim they are trying to take over the country politically not because of family or cir stance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having worked in tech for almost 30 years, what I've noticed is how many people from India are immigrating here. Smart people, but they're undercutting high-paying technical work for US citizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may go against some fellow conservatives when I say this, but those illegals are some hard-working mofos. I'd happily trade our EBT-dependent pop for those people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but I have heard tons of Boomer aged GOP sycophants speak against immigration because they claim they are trying to take over the country politically not because of family or cir stance.
    You reap what you sow... when dubya offered a work permit type of program on his platform, he won the hispanic vote.

Nowadays is hard to offer such a tailored program without somebody yelling amnesty!, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You reap what you sow... when dubya offered a work permit type of program on his platform, he won the hispanic vote.

Nowadays is hard to offer such a tailored program without somebody yelling amnesty!, tbh...
    Hispanics are notorious for poor voter turnout particularly in off years. Past political bribery is besides the point other than irony.

Frankly, I am curious why that Bubba think that is the OP is being attributed to his political enemies.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a great question, face. Shill.
    It's a stupid question. CC tries to pull this every once in awhile.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might want to check with your President on that assumption.
    “There have been times, honestly, I’ve had arguments with immigration rights activists who say, effectively, ‘There shouldn’t be any rules. These are good people. Why should we have any enforcement like this?’ My response is, ‘In the eyes of God, everybody is equal … I don’t make any claims my child is superior to anybody else’s child. But I’m the president of the United States, and nation states have borders,’” the president said. “If we had no system of enforcing our borders and our laws, I promise you, everybody would try to come here.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/9/obama-ive-fought-against-activists-open-borders/

But, for all of the inspiring rhetoric Mr Obama produces, his speech underlined the way all politicians seem to approach immigration in broadly the same way, regardless of where they are from. For example, take the obsession with borders. The very first thing that Mr Obama said that he has done is tighten border security: “Today, we have more agents and technology deployed to secure our southern border than at any time in our history.” This supports the common idea—reinforced by Republican complaintsthat most illegal immigrants smuggle themselves over the border.

A second point Mr Obama made, about the costs of immigration: “Business owners who offer their workers good wages and benefits see the compe ion exploit undo ented immigrants by paying them far less.”

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2014/11/barack-obama-and-immigration

Okay, I checked. He seems to be opposed to an open border policy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Business owners who offer their workers good wages and benefits see the compe ion exploit undo ented immigrants by paying them far less”

How many illegal immigrants take the jobs of "workers with good wages and benefits"?

Like immigrants in all industrial countries, they do mostly crap, labor-intensive, low-paid jobs that the natives wouldn't touch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not so much support of "illegal" immigration as support for human rights and not tearing families apart. I totally understand the frustration with "illegal" immigration and support deportation when a crime is committed. Denying citizenship to children born on US soil is wrong. Period. Conservatives push obeying the law of the land and the cons ution well that is the law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Mexicans or any other kind of s support illegal immigration unless its for a direct family member

What Hispanics do support is laws that will help protect the right of the illegal already here.

I myself don't give a if you build a 20 foot wall and close the airports to all of land. But I do feel for the ones already here. I have a big heart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is not so much support of "illegal" immigration as support for human rights and not tearing families apart. I totally understand the frustration with "illegal" immigration and support deportation when a crime is committed. Denying citizenship to children born on US soil is wrong. Period. Conservatives push obeying the law of the land and the cons ution well that is the law.
    Pretty much this. Orale vato

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives push obeying the law of the land and the cons ution well that is the law.
    Repugs' racist, xenophobic,white-male politics (about anchor babies or any topic) trumps their bogus adoration of the Cons ution. They only love the Cons ution when they can (mis)interpret it for their political propaganda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . Those numbers are generated and fabricated by BigLib just like the global warming numbers. BigLib and BigGov are setting the stage to perform the attack on hardworking legal Human Americans.
    BigMex is pouring over the border like a shaken up Tecate. Only thing is that even more are coming from BigHond and BigGuat.
    well played

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denying citizenship to children born on US soil is wrong. Period.
    is this an issue again? Which conservative recently said it's right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this an issue again? Which conservative recently said it's right?
    never heard of anchor babies?

denying citizenship to babies "native born" on American soil isn't mouthed by every Repug because while they want it to happen, they let their extreme asshole fringe in safe seats spout that . eg, Steve King from pig- state, etc.

House Republicans Go After Birthright Citizenship

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7174686.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve King has been going after anchor babies for a few years now. I guess if his hearing didn't go anywhere a couple of months ago, it's not really an issue, is it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve King has been going after anchor babies for a few years now. I guess if his hearing didn't go anywhere a couple of months ago, it's not really an issue, is it?
    it's certainly an issue with rightwingnut nativists, xenophobes, racist, mostly rural white men with guns and facial hair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    show me your cherry where Ms of illegal immigrants are CURRENTLY pour into USA and whether any are leaving.
    http://cis.org/Immigrant-Population-...d-Quarter-2015

A new analysis of monthly Census Bureau data by the Center for Immigration Studies shows that the nation's immigrant population (legal and illegal) hit a record high of 42.1 million in the second quarter of this year — an increase of 1.7 million since the same quarter of 2014. Growth in the immigrant population in the last year was led by a 740,000 increase in the number of Mexican immigrants. After falling or growing little in recent years, the number of Mexican immigrants again seems to be growing significantly. The monthly Census Bureau data, referred to as the Current Population Survey (CPS), is released before other data. As more information becomes available, it should confirm the findings from the CPS.1

Among the findings:

The nation's immigrant (foreign-born) population, which includes legal and illegal immigrants, grew by 4.1 million from the second quarter of 2011 to the second quarter of 2015 — 1.7 million in just the last year.

Immigrants are 13.3 percent of the nation's total population — the largest share in 105 years.

Growth in the last year was led by a rebound in the number of Mexican immigrants, which increased by 740,000 from 2014 to 2015 — accounting for 44 percent of the increase in the total immigrant population in the last year.

The total Mexican immigrant population (legal and illegal) reached 12.1 million in the second quarter of 2015 — the highest quarterly total ever.

Prior research has indicated that net migration (the number coming vs. leaving) from Mexico had fallen to zero; the recent growth indicates that the period of zero net migration has ended.

In addition to Mexico, growth in the immigrant population was led by a 449,000 increase in the last year from countries in Latin America other than Mexico.

The Department of Homeland Security and other researchers have estimated that eight in 10 illegal immigrants are from Mexico and Latin America, so the increase in immigrants from these countries is an indication that illegal immigration has begun growing again.

The number of immigrants in the United States is now enormous, but it must be recognized that most immigrants, including those from Latin America, are in the country legally. Absent a change in legal immigration policy, the immigrant population will continue to increase.
    Overview

Given the significant cutbacks in enforcement in recent years, the permissive nature of the legal immigration system, and improvements in the economy, it is not surprising that the immigrant (legal and illegal) population has surged in the last four years. The immigrant population, referred to as the foreign-born by the Census Bureau, consists of those residing in the United States who were not American citizens at birth; it includes those in the country illegally.2 We use the terms immigrant and foreign-born synonymously in this report.

After growing little from 2007 to 2011, the nation's immigrant population has grown by 4.1 million from 2011 to 2015. This is roughly equal to the pace of growth from 2000 to 2007. The 1.7 million growth in the immigrant population (legal and illegal) from 2014 to 2015 is one of the largest single-year increases from the same quarter of the prior year since 2000. Both the growth from 2011 to 2015 and the increase in the last year are statistically significant (see Table 1 and Figure 1).

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Pretty much this. Orale vato
    Birthright citizenship makes no sense and in fact we are the only country that does it. Another thing we can thank the traitors for passing, that sure s wasn't a part of the game plan originally.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Birthright citizenship makes no sense and in fact we are the only country that does it. Another thing we can thank the traitors for passing, that sure s wasn't a part of the game plan originally.
    More to the point, it's a perversion of the 14th Amendment forced through by activist judges who ignored that whole "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States" part.

Thread Information