Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The smartest way for Spur to get Randolph would through a little S&T. Blair and Byars for Randolph seems to be fine for both teams.
    Obviously this is all dependent on the Spurs actually liking Randolph...but I'd probably be fine with that trade. This team needs to move on from Bonner. We've been through enough playoffs to realize that hes definitely not the answer post-April.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the reasonable options out, this is the player I favor getting the most. I think Minni might do the sign and trade too; for 4M, I think they'd rather pay other pieces and get a look. This guy actually address our need, which is at the 4 spot. We already have 3 centers in TD, Splitter, and Bonner on the roster, with a 4th possibly on the way with Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be maturing physically, puts up impressive numbers in limited mins and can defend 3/4s just what we need. I hope Pops will finally wake up and see we need youth.

I'd say we've embraced the youth movement pretty consistently over the past couple of years. Without totally blowing this thing up I'm not really sure how we do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of all the reasonable options out, this is the player I favor getting the most. I think Minni might do the sign and trade too; for 4M, I think they'd rather pay other pieces and get a look. This guy actually address our need, which is at the 4 spot. We already have 3 centers in TD, Splitter, and Bonner on the roster, with a 4th possibly on the way with Lorbek.
    I wonder if the T-Pups would be willing to to take Bonner in exchange for Randolph? Makes me salivate just to imagine it. Probably too good to be true too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the T-Pups would be willing to to take Bonner in exchange for Randolph? Makes me salivate just to imagine it. Probably too good to be true too.
    David Kahn is their GM right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade Blair and Boner for Randolph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade Blair and Boner for Randolph.
    I'm pretty sure the Spurs would happily trade Blair and Bonner together for a trade exception.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem with bonner is that he's not even a expiring contract yet, so a team has to actually agree to take on more money. My bet is that Bonner is amnestied to open up a little more cap room, if the spurs can convince TD to take a little less than 10m next year. Then all the sudden spurs have 3-5m to play with. Red rocket goes to his country and finishes his career in Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really unsure if Bonner will get amnestied or not. He was damn effective in the regular season and then worthless in the post-season. I could honestly see the Spurs going either way on this one based on past history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just feel like using the amnesty on bonner isn't worth it. His contract is to small.What if the FO makes a mother Jefferson sized mistake? Better to be safe than sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can't get Lorbek or KG, then we should somehow get him via sign and trade of Blair and fillers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SJAX and AR both played for the Warriors in 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons. So maybe there is some familiarity there.

-

Article back in 2009, talks about how after season he headed back to Dallas and after watching Spurs/Mavs playoff game, motivated him to get in better shape and work on his game.

If just watching those 2 teams motivated him, imagine if he was on the Spurs roster and saw the work ethic of the players from that perspective.

After the Warriors' season ended, rookie forward Anthony Randolph went home to Dallas to take some time off. He was determined to relax for a while. That is, until he made a mistake.

He attended a playoff game, a first-round matchup between the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs.

"It (ticked) me off," Randolph said. "The atmosphere, I want to play in that bad. I want to get there."

His break lasted a week and a half, and he hated it. Driven by a desire to experience the postseason as a player, Randolph began working out furiously and hasn't stopped since.

Remember some seven months ago, when Randolph was drawing the ire of coach Don Nelson for his poor at ude and work ethic? That dude is long gone. Randolph — who embodies much of the franchise's hopes — has bought in to the adage that great players are made in the offseason.

"The good ones, that's how they become really, really good," Warriors[..]istant coach Keith Smart said. "They put aside everything else that is going on in their lives and focus on basketball and how they can develop. ... This is the time when you start to prepare to do even better than what you did last year, and he's doing that."

Randolph started doing cardio work and practicing his shooting while in Dallas with a goal of improving his midrange jumper. He's been in Oakland for about three weeks now, practically living at the Warriors facility. He works out three
    Advertisement
    times a day — morning, afternoon and evening — part of which he does solo.

In addition to his jumper, Randolph is working to get stronger, develop his footwork and improve his efficiency.
    http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/randolph...etter-1256072/ (would have posted original link but the Oakland Tribune site doesn't have the article posted anymore or in archive).

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Problem with bonner is that he's not even a expiring contract yet, so a team has to actually agree to take on more money. My bet is that Bonner is amnestied to open up a little more cap room, if the spurs can convince TD to take a little less than 10m next year. Then all the sudden spurs have 3-5m to play with. Red rocket goes to his country and finishes his career in Toronto.
    Actually, he is. His final year at $3.9 is unguaranteed according to Shamsports salary listings, usually taken as gospel on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has been talked about evolving into a good player since he arrived in the league and every year he underachieves. Either his work ethic sucks or his skills just are not that high, spurs need to pass on this guy..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, he is. His final year at $3.9 is unguaranteed according to Shamsports salary listings, usually taken as gospel on this board.
    Per the same site, he is assured to get 1M in the last year if not signed by a certain date (hover over his name on the Sham salary listing). Still some savings to be had though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Kahn is their GM right?
    That's true.

I forgot about that wild card factor.

It may not be as far-fetched as I thought. After all, Khan is the same GM that used three straight draft picks to take PGs in the same draft, a few years back.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minnesota has way to many PF/C rotting on their bench
    darko/randolph/beasley/williams

i actually think they would try to deal williams
    hes seen as a tweener bust
    but he does has good enough size to play PF in todays undersized nba and he has athleticism
    he also has a decent mid range shot
    he could be what the spurs are looking for
    i know minnesota needs some SG/SF which spurs have to many to count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lengthy mother er. Massive length. Skinny n pissweak. He'd be worth a shot for cheap. Has a high ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timberwolves PR ‏@Twolves_PR

#Twolves will not be making qualifying offers to Michael Beasley & Anthony Randolph, making them unrestricted free agents.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    I hope the Spurs haven't put all their eggs into the Diaw and Lorbek nests.

A lot of interesting names that are available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive yet to this day understood the drooling over this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive yet to this day understood the drooling over this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randolph is nothing special, but the Spurs are much better off
    with him, rather than Bonner or Blair..

He blocks shots, & he at least has the size to possibly be a good defender
    for the Spurs. I don't think it unlikely for the Spurs to offer him
    a little something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the wolves have given up on him and last season no.2 pick...no way u payin him tobe a bench player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randolph is nothing special, but the Spurs are much better off
    with him, rather than Bonner or Blair..
    ^This

Thread Information